2 month delay before starting job post-fellowship

Started by gobruins
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

gobruins

Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,

I'm set to graduate from fellowship at then end of June 2012. My start date for work will be September 2012. So for two months (July and August) I will be out of work. Is it possible to apply for a short amount of forebearance?

I have previously been allowed economic hardship during fellowship.

Thanks.
 
You should be asking that question directly to your lender.

Generally with federal loans, an in-school deferment gets a grace period. A forbearance does not. I expect what you're trying for is to get your economic hardship forbearance extended.

Best of luck to you.