2 questions about DAT/GPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tikal

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just took the DAT and was saddened when I got a 18. I have a 3.65 Cum and a 3.57 science. Do I have a chance at getting in for the 2007 class? My second question is if I take the DAT again at the end of September will it be too late to help me get in. Any honest advice would be apreciated, thanks

Members don't see this ad.

The reality is that no one really knows. The numbers are what they are.

If I were you, I'd plan on getting interviews and do the best possible. Sell, sell, sell. If you're waitlisted, plan on retaking the DAT during spring break or early April so that you can re-send updated(and hopefully better) scores to the school and increase your odds before the school gets around to revising the wait-list. Also remember to foward fall transcripts to the school and AADSAS. Schools take people for a variety of reasons, grades and scores sometimes get you a little more consideration and sometimes they don't - I'd say you're probably in the middle of the pile of appliants.

You might also want to pump volunteer activities, dental experience, and research experience just in case you need to reapply for 2008, your application will be much, much stronger.