Jun 29, 2009
Status
Dental Student
Hey Guys, I have two questions I was hoping someone could help me out with.
1) I have a good foundation of shadowing with a general dentist, but I really wanted to try to start shadowing in a variety of the different specialties. Is there a limit on the application for the number of dentists that you can shadow and still mention when you're applying?
2) I don't apply until next cycle, but I was just curious if it is possible to look at the application even if you're not applying. I'm just curious what the different sections are and what it looks like, but like I said, I'm not actually applying right now... so I don't know if that is possible.
Anyway input regarding either of this questions would be greatly appreciated.

sfrice80

Blood, Sweat, and Beers
Jun 11, 2009
Minneapolis, MN
Status
Dental Student
Question 1-I think you have up to 5 entries for dental shadowing.

Question 2-I'm not sure if there is an online version that you can access. I know in years past they did have one available but the year before I applied I just looked at one of my friends who was applying that cycle, just to get a feel for it.

I can say this, there are no real surprises on the application and if you have a free morning and your personal statement is written already, you can finish the entire application in a morning, so I wouldnt really be too concerned with the actual application.

My biggest advice for applying is to get a head start on sending in your letters of rec and transcripts because that will be your biggest pain in the whole process. Once the application becomes available, print off the matching forms for both the transcripts and letters of rec and send them in ASAP, with the matching forms! Good Luck!

M

Mte123

And theres a severe limit on your personal statement. I think its 4500 characters. Including punctuation and spaces.

I actually called the application and they told me the limit was 5000. Cutting it down was harder than writing it.