2 Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

brooklynn

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
1. Why does it seem like its ridiculously harder to get into nursing school in California than it is to get into pharmacy school?

2. Is it true the pharmacy field is becoming OVER-SATURATED?

Members don't see this ad.

You know, for me it was ten times harder getting into the Peace Corps than into pharmacy school. I applied to one school that wouldn't accept LORs and didn't require pharmacy experience or the PCAT. I wrote four or five little essays and did an interview and was in. Later I had to pass a background check.

For the Peace Corps, I needed six LORs, medical clearance from three doctors including the dentist who used it as an excuse to replace my fillings, and an interview. While you don't technically need a degree, you aren't getting in without one unless you have specialized experience. And they will laugh you out of the office unless you have a decent amount of volunteer experience. So all in all, the Peace Corps was a way more involved process than pharmacy school. It was also a lot more fun.