2 week away rotation in peds

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

racystacey07

Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am desperately looking for a 2 week away rotation in inpatient general pediatrics in the Michigan or Chicagoland area. Anyone have any ideas? Most rotations require 1 months time, which I do not have. I really want to brush up on gen peds before my internship. I have lots of peds specialty experience but do not feel as confident with the general inpatient management, since most of my core was an outpatient experience. Any suggestions for me? Thanks in advance 🙂
 
Do either of those areas have a preceptor program? In TX we have a program that allows you to spend a month (or less) with a private practice pedi anywhere in the state. They are usually a lot more flexible than the standard med school rotations.