2 week elective

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KasaNOVA

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
looking for a good 2 week elective in rads in chicago area... any help appreciated...

Members don't see this ad.

I did one at uofc and uic. uofc processed my app (dec) in about 2-3 days and UIC will take many more weeks planning because all 180+ students rotate through the dept and it is very heavy from july-sept.

How easy or difficult is a 4th year rad elective rotation usually?

at uic the rotation was the easiest I've had in med school. some work from 8 until 4 but other sections worked from 8 until 11am and then noon lecture and that was it, no other expectations.

at uofc the rotation was quite a bit more involved. I was there from 8am until 5 or 6pm depending on what was going on.

at Ill masonic I'm not sure of the hours but they require a presentation as part of the rotation.

Even though it's fairly easy, if you're applying for rads you'll feel stressed pretty much the whole time as you'll be worried about looking interested without being annoying, asking good questions, getting findings right (as much as you can as a 4th year) and paying attention for hours straight at a time without being directly involved.