2 Weeks Left: Need Advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Psychotropic

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am taking Step 1 two weeks from today. I've completed most of Kaplan Q Bank (70% correct, timed, not-random) and have done about 40% of UWorld (73% correct, timed, random 48q blocks). I ditched Kaplan 2 weeks ago to focus solely on UWorld. Getting completely through UWorld is my number 1 priority right now. I'm more or less following the Taus plan.

I've taken 2 NBME tests thus far:

NBME 4 (3/28): 234/550
NBME 6 (4/8): 247/610

I would like to take NBME 7 a week from today. Is it worthwhile for me to take one of the UWorld Self-Assessments as well? I feel like at this point I might get more out of getting through UWorld Q-bank and focusing my efforts on one last run through through FA and Goljan. What would you do if you had 2 weeks to go?

Members don't see this ad.

April 22nd.. I guess I should change my date considering your doing so well on your practice tests!! haha :scared::scared:

What are you planning on doing for the next 2 weeks besides NBME 7?

Yep, April 22nd is the day we both destroy our exams. Have confidence.

I'm going through the 2 week Taus plan right now. Basically includes doing 100 UWorld questions/day and running through all of FA and Goljan Path one more time.

It seems like people here have taken more practice tests than I have prior to their exams. I'm really questioning the utility of essentially spending a day to do another extra exam (say UWorld Self-Assessment) as opposed to making sure I know my pharm and micro cold. So to any one here who has taken UWorld Self Assessment, is it worth my time?

I hope we kill it dude.. I am gonna really grind out every subject each day.. like memorize everything for it in FA.. At the end of the day, do a bunch of questions for that subject.. By next thurs, I will hopefully be done.. Friday - Wends I will go through as many nbme exams off line as I can.. and do whatever questions I have left of Qbank.. Already finished UW, doing that for a 2nd time right now, got it till the 17th.. Also, I did Rx before I started UW..

I would try and memorize some subjects cold, as opposed to doing a World asses.. I hear its harder than the real thing, and you dont want it to mess w/ your confidence..

Good luck my man.. Hopefully we can get some ppl on here to tell us what is good to do last minute

Last edited: