2 weeks until I take my test

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Samin23

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I take my DAT on August 22nd. I have been through Destroyer one full time and I am about 7o% done with going through it a second time and I plan on finishing that up pretty soon. I also plan on re-taking all the DAT Bootcamp tests and taking the 5 full-length exams on BC beginning August 11th or 12th. I have also thought about taking the free exams on DAT Genius but I haven't heard about how accurate they are, and finally, I will take the 2007 and 2009 tests a few days before my actual test.
I study about 6-8 hours a day and plan on ramping that up now that I have finished the physics class I was taking this summer.
Some days, I feel like I am ready, and somedays I feel like I am screwed for this test.

Does anyone have any study tips for the last two weeks before the big day?

Members don't see this ad.

Don't waste time studying the destroyer questions you already got correct- just review whatever's incorrect. Same applies to bootcamp. You can do a final full review ~5 days before the test - 3 days for destroyer, 2 days or less for bootcamp. DON'T RETAKE THE BOOTCAMP TESTS, JUST LOOK THROUGH THE EXPLANATIONS. No point in spending 4 hours with a practice test IMO when you can just read and confirm the knowledge in an hour.

Nancy gave me the FANTASTIC advice of taking the 2009 well before my test so I could find any weaknesses. Take it like 10 days before your DAT. I didn't spend time on the 2009 QR because I knew it was unreasonably hard.

DAT Genius is fantastic for the explanations - I submitted it with 0% and just read through the explanations. That helped me tons.

If you've got time feel free to check out my Anki Deck to see if you've got all your bases covered. If you don't have time, don't look over it, prioritize your other study materials.

Work out and eat healthy every day. Don't drink caffeine - if you're sleepy when the clock strikes 12, take that as a sign that your brain's worked to its full potential for the day. Sleep for 7 hours and wake up revitalized!

If you're okay in the RC department, it's okay to neglect it for the last weekish.

Lastly, MAKE A SCHEDULE. I planned my day from 9am-12am, with what I was going to do every hour. I made my plan for the next day at the end of my day - 30 minutes before I went to sleep. 10 minutes to make the plan, 20 minutes to watch netflix and sleep.

Don't waste time studying the destroyer questions you already got correct- just review whatever's incorrect. Same applies to bootcamp. You can do a final full review ~5 days before the test - 3 days for destroyer, 2 days or less for bootcamp. DON'T RETAKE THE BOOTCAMP TESTS, JUST LOOK THROUGH THE EXPLANATIONS. No point in spending 4 hours with a practice test IMO when you can just read and confirm the knowledge in an hour.

Nancy gave me the FANTASTIC advice of taking the 2009 well before my test so I could find any weaknesses. Take it like 10 days before your DAT. I didn't spend time on the 2009 QR because I knew it was unreasonably hard.

DAT Genius is fantastic for the explanations - I submitted it with 0% and just read through the explanations. That helped me tons.

If you've got time feel free to check out my Anki Deck to see if you've got all your bases covered. If you don't have time, don't look over it, prioritize your other study materials.

Work out and eat healthy every day. Don't drink caffeine - if you're sleepy when the clock strikes 12, take that as a sign that your brain's worked to its full potential for the day. Sleep for 7 hours and wake up revitalized!

If you're okay in the RC department, it's okay to neglect it for the last weekish.

Lastly, MAKE A SCHEDULE. I planned my day from 9am-12am, with what I was going to do every hour. I made my plan for the next day at the end of my day - 30 minutes before I went to sleep. 10 minutes to make the plan, 20 minutes to watch netflix and sleep.

Thank you! How did you prepare for RC? I've just been reading a science article every day and I haven't taken the BC tests for them yet

Thank you! How did you prepare for RC? I've just been reading a science article every day and I haven't taken the BC tests for them yet
Take the bootcamp tests- one a day! You'll have to find whatever strategy works for you, but I loved the one edited into my breakdown :). Also with your daily science article readings, practice highlighting text since that'll be available for you

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)