Step I 2 Year Study Plan -- Need Advice

Started by soybean28
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

soybean28

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am in a unique position: I have passed out of most of my M1 classes due to an SMP, so I have extra time this year.

What would be the best way of preparing for Step 1 early?

My current plan of action:
M1 year:
- Review Basic Sciences from First Aid
- USMLERx or Kaplan QBank basic sciences questions and mapping of questions/answers during all of M1 (1yr. subscription)

M2 year:
- Follow along with FA
- Follow along with USMLE World Questions while mapping questions/answers

M2 summer:
- Review maps of all questions/answers
- Take practice tests
- Retake questions I got wrong on USMLE World

Please give me your opinion on what I should do.
 
Don't study during your M1 year, even if it's lighter than others. You don't know 75% of the material on the exam and learning it yourself will take more time and effort than it should.
 
I am in a unique position: I have passed out of most of my M1 classes due to an SMP, so I have extra time this year.

What would be the best way of preparing for Step 1 early?

My current plan of action:
M1 year:
- Review Basic Sciences from First Aid
- USMLERx or Kaplan QBank basic sciences questions and mapping of questions/answers during all of M1 (1yr. subscription)

M2 year:
- Follow along with FA
- Follow along with USMLE World Questions while mapping questions/answers

M2 summer:
- Review maps of all questions/answers
- Take practice tests
- Retake questions I got wrong on USMLE World

Please give me your opinion on what I should do.

Step 1 goal?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4