20 old scary surgical tools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
looking at the circumcision knife gave me the chills.

I don't know; the old gynecology instruments have always been the ones that bother me (a knife is a knife). I do like how half of them are nice and rusty...

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't know; the old gynecology instruments have always been the ones that bother me (a knife is a knife). I do like how half of them are nice and rusty...
Yea I don't care too much for them either. [That was wrong, I know.]
m1zit.jpg

that is a heavy duty hanger.....not one of those easily bent thin wire types!

I once did a chest tube with an attending that used a trocar. The book says that method is mentioned only to condemn it. :eek:

I once did a chest tube with an attending that used a trocar. The book says that method is mentioned only to condemn it. :eek:

At my last job (I'm EM) we covered two community hospitals, and the gen surg group (which split time between university trauma call and resident surgery coverage and community time) had a guy that took night and weekend call - so he didn't have to be in the office during the week (Stanley would work every weekend, and 3 of the 5 nights a week). Stanley is old school. He SWEARS by the trocar. Says it's the best thing - EVAR!