20 old scary surgical tools

Started by exPCM
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

I don't know; the old gynecology instruments have always been the ones that bother me (a knife is a knife). I do like how half of them are nice and rusty...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don't know; the old gynecology instruments have always been the ones that bother me (a knife is a knife). I do like how half of them are nice and rusty...
Yea I don't care too much for them either. [That was wrong, I know.]
m1zit.jpg

​
 
I once did a chest tube with an attending that used a trocar. The book says that method is mentioned only to condemn it. 😱
 
I once did a chest tube with an attending that used a trocar. The book says that method is mentioned only to condemn it. 😱

At my last job (I'm EM) we covered two community hospitals, and the gen surg group (which split time between university trauma call and resident surgery coverage and community time) had a guy that took night and weekend call - so he didn't have to be in the office during the week (Stanley would work every weekend, and 3 of the 5 nights a week). Stanley is old school. He SWEARS by the trocar. Says it's the best thing - EVAR!