20+ viewing anesthesiology forum!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MedicinePowder

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
just wondering if anesthesiology-types simply like discussion forums or if this is a sign of possible saturation in anesthesiology in the next decade. i know there has been a nation-wide shortage but the recent exposure of anesthesiology as being a comfortable career with very good compensation may drive salaries down as more and more peeps get in the field. i know that no matter what, I can picture myself happy in the field, but I can't deny it won't be the same if percieved salaries take a nose-dive.

Members don't see this ad.

MedicinePowder said:
just wondering if anesthesiology-types simply like discussion forums or if this is a sign of possible saturation in anesthesiology in the next decade. i know there has been a nation-wide shortage but the recent exposure of anesthesiology as being a comfortable career with very good compensation may drive salaries down as more and more peeps get in the field. i know that no matter what, I can picture myself happy in the field, but I can't deny it won't be the same if percieved salaries take a nose-dive.

I don't attribute this to the "saturation", but rather some incredible posters and some very hard workers who have put together a phenomenal forum. PowerMD, thanks a million for that FAQ!!! Every specialty thread should have one. I feel like I'm so informed on the issues of anesthesia now that i've been rifling through the threads for a couple of weeks. I'm preM1 by the way and I feel like you guys have not only told me about anesthesia, but also what questions I should ask myself and others regarding other specialties, and what I should be looking for in medical school. JetProp, UTSW, Power, the guy with the ugly hippie avatar, thanks so much and keep posting!! THe fact that I can remember three of you is telling of how much I've been reading this forum lately. I can't name you all, but you're all great.

Ugly hippie? :idea: Dang man...that's Prince, circa 1982, "Controversy" album.

Dude, feeling a little old. Carry on... :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
blocks said:
Ugly hippie? :idea: Dang man...that's Prince, circa 1982, "Controversy" album.

Dude, feeling a little old. Carry on... :thumbup:

I know, I know, it's just a unique avatar, that's all.

This is most definitely a sign of over saturation, all US applicants should stay away so that FMGs can fill all the spots and still produce the same number of matriculants while making my search for a job easier... :smuggrin:

Mephisto said:
I know, I know, it's just a unique avatar, that's all.

Funny thing is, Vent was my intern last year and he really does look almost exactly like his avatar, 'cept his moustache is bigger.

blocks said:
Funny thing is, Vent was my intern last year and he really does look almost exactly like his avatar, 'cept his moustache is bigger.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA that's hilarious!!!

I've always pictured you anesthesiologists as laid-back stoners, and judging by the way JetProp writes (which is probably the way he talks), I'm not that far off the mark.

Mephisto said:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA that's hilarious!!!

I've always pictured you anesthesiologists as laid-back stoners, and judging by the way JetProp writes (which is probably the way he talks), I'm not that far off the mark.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Nah, never was a stoner but I'd kick Sean Penn's ass at the casting for Fast Times At Ridgemont High Part 2.... :D

LOL...you see that Phoebe Cates avatar that some guy has on SDN? One of the most memorable scenes ever :laugh:

Now I look even funkier with my new neck scar. Its wiggidy wack. BTW to keep my moustache fuller I use windex. Thats an old family secret but I consider ya'll family. Except macguyver.