2004 Applicant STATS page - 19AA and under club

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jojo88

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
20AA's need not post their stats here...this thread is for us "underachievers":rolleyes: who need some company on this board. he-he-he

Members don't see this ad.

What a great idea. We seem to get lost in all the 20's in this place. Reality is they have REALLY GREAT stats. I have a 17AA 16PAT and 19 Science and I have all my interviews done except one (which is UOP and I will get denied anyway:laugh: ) So I am loving my DAT score!!!!

I have an 18AA, been invited to 6 schools for interviews.

Members don't see this ad :)
May i join? 17/17/18

Comet!

19 total science and 19 AA, invited to interview at every school I applied (7). Could care less that I dont have a 20 (well, as long as I dont get denied at all of those schools).

for those that have sub-20 dats and interviews, what are your gpas?

mine is like a 3.2 overall...depending on the school it could go up or down .1 points...since some schools calculate their own gpa's and do not use the aadsas calculated one...

19AA/ 20 TS/ 16 PAT
Interviews at UF, UConn, UNC, and U of Maryland.

Great idea. I mentioned this in another thread, but the idea you have to have a 20/20 for dental school admissions is absolutely stupid. I've been sitting in on admissions interviews this year, and there are a *ton* of DAT scores that would be mocked here to no end. A 17/17 can be PLENTY adequate to get into dental school (barring other major liabilities), and you can get in with significantly lower scores than even those if you research your schools first.

19/19/17 Here with five interview invites out of the seven schools I applied to (two do not interview). You don't need a 20/20 to become a dentist, good luck to everyone!

Originally posted by ItsGavinC
Remember to list your GPAs and states of residence, along with schools applied to, in order to provide the most benefit to others ;)

All that is listed in the other official stats page for me, dont feel like writing it out again. Everybody else should provide all the other details in that other thread as well.

18 AA, 17TS, 16PAT. I graduated in May with a 3.96 gpa, 3.75 sci gpa. I am from Tennessee. I applied to UT, UK, U of Louisville, UF, U of Alabama, and Meharry. Invited to interview at all except Meharry...go figure. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I have a 3.5 sci and 3.5 overall. Nevada resident (but UNLV sucks so that is no help to me:laugh: )

I have a 3.5 sci and 3.5 overall. Nevada resident (but UNLV sucks so that is no help to me:laugh: )

predentchick,

why do you think UNLV sucks?

hardingsk.....when is your interview at alabama? mine is nov. 19.

UNLV is very unorganized and their faculty seems to be below the level of all the schools I have been to. It is for sure a last ditch effort for me. I am just not impressed with it. They all of a sudden jack up their tuition 2x as much, etc. There have been rumors over and over that they are in financial trouble. (not good since most of the staff came from Northwestern) They seem to be unorganized in the sense that they sent out way more acceptances than they can hold and they all accepted. Now they don't have enough room when they hit the clinical years. (This is all heard first hand from a 2nd year student). Collectively, I just don't care for the place IF I have a choice...:laugh:

by the way. My stats have a typo in them. They are 17AA 16 PAT and 19 SCIENCE average. Sorry.

Originally posted by aphistis
Note for future reference: •edit• posts, don't make new ones to add to them ;)

Yes, it took me a while to figure out that you can edit your posts instead of making brand new ones. Oh well, live and learn.

faulknce.... I already had my Alabama interview. It was on Oct 15. Good luck at yours though! :) Oh..today I got an invite from Meharry...except now I'm not sure I want to go!

I just posted a unanimous poll so all can post their AA DAT scores without "fear"...hopefully this way we can get a true view of the averages..

Originally posted by aphistis
Note for future reference: •edit• posts, don't make new ones to add to them ;)

Bill,

What happened to your signature? If you changed it because someone said something, I think that's weak :D

Anways, I spoke with an adcom today and was told that some schools have accepted applicants with DAT scores as low as 12's and even an occasional 11 or so. Granted, this was more of a clinical school, but it just goes to show you that you don't need a 20+ in all cases.

Originally posted by Zurich5
Bill,

What happened to your signature? If you changed it because someone said something, I think that's weak :D

Blah blah :D Actually, I took our the history-of-medicine bit because, like I said, I figured it's due for a change anyway, and I haven't figured out what else to put in its place. Please note the new placeholder signature until I come up with something acceptable.

hardingsk....will you please post interview feedback for me? i have my interview next week and it would be a huge help. thank you!!

faulknce... I just posted my Alabama interview feedback. If you have any specific questions please feel free to pm me. Good luck! :)

thank you hardingsk!! i wish you the best.

I know the 3.0 GPA and under thread has given some applicants a lot of hope, I think this thread can be the same for people without super high DAT scores.

My stats are 18AA 18TS 17PAT, I'm accepted at two schools and still waiting for more.

Please post if you are under a 19AA and have been accepted already!

This thread is great! I started to post my stats last night on the 20s and above thread, but when I saw the DAT score I decided not to post. However, since there are some other applicants out there who didnt study for months on end for the DAT I will post my scores.

18/18/19

I have completed 7 interviews and been accepted to Michigan, Pitt and UofL.

So I am just fine with my 18s!!

This just goes to show that some schools look at more than just your GPA and DAT scores.

I also have been accepted to UPenn, Creighton, Case and am on the wait list at marquette!

18 AA/20 TS/16 PAT

3.85 GPA

Interviews at: NYU, UCONN, Tufts, Nova, Arizona

Accepted at: NYU

18/19/17

3.4 gpa

interviewed: stony brook, buffalo, upenn

accepted: upenn, buffalo