2004 Match Day Results

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

VentdependenT

You didnt build thaT
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm at RUSH yall!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHH time ta git wasted!

Members don't see this ad.

MGH, my 2nd choice. congratulation everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
Cleveland Clinic Foundation - categorical. Can't wait for July!
Congrats to all.:clap:

Matched at PENN, my 1st choice!!!!!!

Cornell categorical as well. See you there BeefyRedEye.

Prelim medicine @ Santa Clara Valley
Anesthesia @ Stanford

Both my top choices! Woot! Congrats to everyone! :clap:

GET READY SPRINGFIELD, MASS HERE I COME!!!

Baystate Medical Center. My number 7 pick. I'm still in shock, but I got a spot!!!!!!

This whole match process is very humbling.

CONGRATS TO ALL!!

my friend VENTDEPENDENT..........coming to see you in Chicago sometime during residency. Whats the word SUPAHFRESH????

Last but not least........thanks to all the posters on this forum. Excellent advice from all of you. I hope to be of some assistance to those who go through next year.

Cheers!!!!

Chi-town all the way, baby!

Transitional - Macneal
Anesthesiology - Northwestern

Both were my top choices - woohoo!!!

Time to light up the big fat Cuban!

Members don't see this ad :)
University of Rochester Categorical, Im gonna have to buy a coat!:)

NYC ALL THE WAY!!!

PGY-1 Long Island Jewish - Medicine
Anesthesiology at Columbia baby (#3)!!!!!!

Not my first picks, but perhaps they should have been. Interestingly, based on the fact that I ranked Cornell #2, and Cornell didn't fill- they didn't rank me! Maybe I should have sent a thank you letter. Either way, I'm very happy with my match. Columbia will be a great place to train.

U.Miami, my top choice.

Masonic categorical!! 2nd choice!! Chi-town!! Can't be any happier!!!

PENN is where it's at this year!

Graduate Hospital in Philly for prelim. A well hidden gem. Nobody knows about it's 5 months of Q10 call. Rock'n'roll.

lh2004 and BassDominator
let me know if you guys know anybody else that's gonna be in our class (2008). Maybe we can get a happy hour together or something.

Email me at [email protected]

Thanks and congrats to everyone.

1st year- Westlake Hospital in melrose park, IL
anesthesia at NYU-my first choice

congrats

MGH, my first choice.

Mt. Sinai preliminary surgery.

:D

Columbia for Anesthesia
UMDNJ-RWJ for prelim med

Exact same story with Cornell--ranked it higher and did a second look and still wondering what happened there. Oh well, congrats everyone! PM me, all you other Columbia gassers.

Full UIC Match results available here. Click on "UIC Match Results" on the left.

For those that care, here's what it looks like from an anesthesiology perspective.
19 total
9 @ UIC
2 @ U of C(hicago)
1 @ Stanford
2 @ UTSW
1 @ Brigham & Womens
1 @ NYU
1 @ MGH
1 @ MCW
1 @ Northwestern

Matched Loma Linda, 1st choice

3/4 done with intern year

Both my #1's. Congratulations to everyone!!!

Thyroid Ablation

UCLA, great program, but I wanted Stanford. Lousy bastards....At least the Hawaii Transitional softened the blow

"Samuel Jackson beer. It'll get ya drunk! You'll be ****ing fat girls in no time....mmmmm mmmmm, bitch!"

MGH for Anesthesia. My #1.:D

OU Categorical Anesthesiology, baby!
Boomer Sooner!
Congrats to all!

Matched at the Cleveland Clinic Foundation (categorical)! My first choice! Feels damn good...:clap:

Originally posted by Krafty

Graduate Hospital in Philly for prelim. A well hidden gem. Nobody knows about it's 5 months of Q10 call. Rock'n'roll.

q10? How did I miss that? Well, can't complain.... Greenwich hospital is fully carpeted with mahogony furniture and lobster dinner once a week. With all my years in the ghetto, I'm not sure I know how to take care of rich whities....

Categorical position at Loyola Univerisity in Chicago!!! So excited to be going to a program that I love, filled with amazing people.

went off to do some travelling for a bit.
finally got back to checking up on you guys!

Nice job on the match everyone, will be seeing some of you soon.
PGY-1: tufts: lemuel shattuck (1st choice)
CA-1: Columbia (1st choice)

looks like I've got to decide on the soxs or the yankees. . . guess I can't say I'm a twins fan anymore.

anyone need anything from duty free? I"m flying back in a couple weeks.

Ether Screen said:
Prelim Medicine @ UMass

Anesthesiology @ UMass

Ether Screen;

Congrats on UMASS! Your exact sequence was ranked in my top 3 last year. I think you will enjoy a superb program.

Congrats to all of you guys! Even more luck on surviving your intern year. Few folks ever enjoy their internship - except maybe the lucky schmuck who landed q10 call! Hell, after next week, I will have done 15 calls in 5 weeks!

Anyhow, remember this - no matter how pissed off you get or how tired of being everyone's "fetch-it boy" ---> internship is a finite length of time, hold your tongue, bide your time, do the work, grumble w/ friends over beers & YOU WILL GET THROUGH IT! The prize on the other side is ANESTHESIOLOGY!!!!