2006 inservice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

VentdependenT

You didnt build thaT
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Michelle Star

Chattigan and Hall

Faust

Nail these bad boys and you should be able to pass this damn thing. First half over, I'm goen out for a cigarette break and a potbelly sandwich. Good luck yall and hope you have a fun sat night out. Yall deserve it!

Members don't see this ad.

yeah, i just finished the first half too. gotta run back and take the second half soon.

by the way, forget miller and barash. mikhail and morgan is all you need to pass this thing. read that a few times and you're golden.

Members don't see this ad :)
2nd half harder than the first IMO. Glad the darn thing is over. :D

sevoflurane said:
2nd half harder than the first IMO. Glad the darn thing is over. :D

Just took the exam today. Was in 2 parts, 3.5 hours each separated by a 1 hour lunch. Add registristration and it's easiy a 9 hour day. 2nd part of the the exam was way more difficult.....kinda correlates with when I finished the exam. First part...10 minutes left, thought I had a good idea about the majority of questions. 2nd section...finished with 1 hour and 10 minutes left!!!!!!! Quickly went through the second part as I had no idea on many questions. I do feel like I could have passed the exam after one year exposure and a little bit of reading. Just hope I score above the lower 15th percentile......if not we are put in some sort of "Dumb and Dumber" pathway??

What is the passing score for the 1st part of the boards? I heard it varies from year to year...what's that all about?

whoooh that sucked! and worst part is that I'm on call tonight. I had to drink sharp's non-alcoholic beer at the resident party and then leave early to go right to the OR. I Can't even have a damn beer!!!!!!

I feel your pain Supah!

On call in the OR with post-exam blues. Some dumb*** with a GSW to the scrotum in the ER about to screw up my night.

The rest of my class drinking and having a party.

Sucks

Aww camkiss! it's horrible, right? how could they do that to you? this is the biggest slap in the face ever. i'm dying right now. at least i have nobody shot in the balls yet. or at least i havent been shot in the balls.

Wow, I would have liked to be on call today because half your call is already done at the exam's conclusion.

Anyway, what was the deal with all those statistic questions? In addition, I was also unhappy to see the question about raising the frequency of the ultrasound on the TEE. Does it provide better image or tissue penetration. I did not know that an anesthesiologist are supposed to know ultrasound physics.

I got to do the call thing tomorrow, and I wish all the best for the people who took the exam for real.

VentdependenT said:
Michelle Star

Chattigan and Hall

Faust

Nail these bad boys and you should be able to pass this damn thing. First half over, I'm goen out for a cigarette break and a potbelly sandwich. Good luck yall and hope you have a fun sat night out. Yall deserve it!

AS WE SPEAK, 8 JULY 2006, I, JET, AM DRINKING MULTIPLE CORONAS IN HONOR OF ALL ANESTHESIA RESIDENTS TAKING EXAMS TODAY WHO ARE SUBSEQUENTLY ON CALL AND CANNOT DRINK CORONAS.

Its the least I can do.

You're welcome. No need for thanks.

and geez...all this Corona makes me hafta pee alot........adh inhibition....yeah i know.......

VentdependenT said:
Michelle Star

Chattigan and Hall

Faust

Dude vent

Did you take it Dtown at the law school? First time I've been there...sweet campus.

Man, I can't believe you got time to go on SDN during half time..that's dedication.

As for the exam. Man o man, there was a ton of Step 1/2 stuff...the funny thing is I forgot a lot of it!! As for the detailed anesthesia stuff....

Good thing this test is a freebie for me this year. :D

Those TEE questions will likely be thrown out of the grading process. Remember that a significant number of questions are "test" questions that will have no bearing on your grade. They just want to see how the majority of people did on those questions.

Another tip to help your TEE resolution is to decrease the transmit power until only the structures you want to visualize are clearly delineated. Reducing gain to a minimum and narrowing your field of focus will also provide that ever elusive crisp TEE image on even the oldest machines.

All I can say is WOW! That test puts some hair on your chest. To follow supafresh lead, if you can watch this without throwing up a little in your mouth, your'e a better man than me. This video makes Richard Simmons look like Clint Eastwood. http://youtube.com/watch?v=jamJ4-C_TME

Jet, I got blasted for you last night my man. Vodka gimlets up the wazoo. Kettle of course.

Anypoops, sleepisgood, i took the test at rush. was at NWU law last year. nice campus eh?

Still recovering from the anova and chi squared questions.

Supa sorry you got the on call shaft my man. thems the breaks.

oh yeah

GO ITALY YYEHEHEHHAHAHAHHHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i got lucky though. call was easy and i had my share of drinks yesterday during the game.

hey vent, try a randomized taste test on yourself with different vodkas. i think the grey goose is far superior to the kettle. oh, and i do love the gimlets.