2007 ada test

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jkb53433

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
did anyone find the 2007 ada gc section to be ridiculous easy? is it on par on what ill see for the actual test? or will the actual test be much harder? so nervous test is in two days =/

and for bio question 19
The addition of potassium iodide as a
nutritional supplement to common table
salt would most directly affect the function
of which of these glands?
A. Thyroid
B. Sweat glands
C. Adrenal cortex
D. Kidneys​
E. Parathyroid

why is it a?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
did anyone find the 2007 ada gc section to be ridiculous easy? is it on par on what ill see for the actual test? or will the actual test be much harder? so nervous test is in two days =/

and for bio question 19
A. Thyroid
B. Sweat glands
C. Adrenal cortex
D. Kidneys

E. Parathyroid

why is it a?

Wait, I thought the asnwer was C. Since Adrenal Coretex secret Aldosterone according to potassium and sodium level. Since the nutritional supplement is combined with potassium iodine and table salt, they will eventually break down into potassium and sodium, and this will affect the secretion of aldosterone from adrenal cortex.

I don't see how come the answer is a. The thyroid hormones are responsible growth and neurological development in children, and increase in rate metabloism. Then they produce calcitonin which tones down Ca level.

Therefore I don't see how potassium iodide and common salt can affect thyroid gland directly.

Wait, I thought the asnwer was C. Since Adrenal Coretex secret Aldosterone according to potassium and sodium level. Since the nutritional supplement is combined with potassium iodine and table salt, they will eventually break down into potassium and sodium, and this will affect the secretion of aldosterone from adrenal cortex.

I don't see how come the answer is a. The thyroid hormones are responsible growth and neurological development in children, and increase in rate metabloism. Then they produce calcitonin which tones down Ca level.

Therefore I don't see how potassium iodide and common salt can affect thyroid gland directly.

i thought it was c too...but the answer key is saying A...

and for bio question 19
A. Thyroid
B. Sweat glands
C. Adrenal cortex
D. Kidneys​
E. Parathyroid

why is it a?

Ever seen a similar picture like this in general chemistry or any biology book that talks about thyroid gland function? (this was taken from wiki in goiter page)
2i95b2v.jpg

Basically thyroid glands MUST have iodine (in order for it to produce T4 and T3) or it will swell up like a balloon in an attempt to try to "vacum" up whatever iodine it can find.....

Majority of regular table salt in modernized countries are supplemented with iodine to prevent these goiters
14y0qoj.jpg

Members don't see this ad :)
Ever seen a similar picture like this in general chemistry or any biology book that talks about thyroid gland function? (this was taken from wiki in goiter page)
2i95b2v.jpg

Basically thyroid glands MUST have iodine (in order for it to produce T4 and T3) or it will swell up like a balloon in an attempt to try to "vacum" up whatever iodine it can find.....

Majority of regular table salt in modernized countries are supplemented with iodine to prevent these goiters
14y0qoj.jpg

Ah makes sense thank you dentalworks

I actually remember this from BIO I. We need such little iodine to avoid serious developmental issues. Distribution in salt was a pretty good plan. I think it's pennies per ton or something ridiculous to treat the salt.