2007 and 2009 ADA...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

music314

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering how the 2007 and 2009 ADA practice exams compare (section by section or just in general) to the 2017 DAT. Are these exams more reflective of the real thing or is DAT Bootcamp? Also, if I only have time to take one of them before my test, which would you recommend? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I thought 2007 was way easier than real and 2009 was slightly harder. Use these tests for practice not necessarily for predicting your real score. What you score on the real DAT will be based on your effort you put studying and learning from mistakes on practice problems.
2007 DAT: 27AA, 27TS
2009 DAT: 23AA, 24TS
Real DAT: 24AA, 25TS

I thought 2007 was way easier than real and 2009 was slightly harder. Use these tests for practice not necessarily for predicting your real score. What you score on the real DAT will be based on your effort you put studying and learning from mistakes on practice problems.
2007 DAT: 27AA, 27TS
2009 DAT: 23AA, 24TS
Real DAT: 24AA, 25TS

Thank you! It seems the 2009 DAT is more similar to the actual exam scorewise, so I think I will take that one. My exam is next week, so I am just studying and taking various practice tests, trying to learn as much as I can. Awesome scores by the way! EDIT: Just noticed on your breakdown that you used DAT Bootcamp (which now includes Genius) and QVault...I know you found them helpful, but did you think they were also good score predictors?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
For me personally, I wish I hadn't put in the time to take those two exams. I was consistently scoring between 21-25 on my Bootcamp tests, so I was feeling pretty okay (okay no, I wanted to die inside LOL but scoring well made it a little better). Anyway, like 3 days before my test, I took the 2007 and 2009 and scored like 19-20 for AA, and a 17 on Organic Chemistry!!!

I remember freaking out and telling my mom that I wanted to reschedule my test cause I got so scared (honestly idk why I scored so poorly on them) but she told me not to do it, and I also talked to Nancy from DAT Destroyer and she told me how one of the exams (I think 2009) had a lot of errors. If you do take it, be sure to look for those errors (there are a lot of threads on SDN dedicated to them) and grade yourself appropriately.

Of course, this is just my own experience with it. I read a LOT of breakdowns that said that they were much easier than the real thing so I was like omfg what...lol...and I think they are, but because of that, the grading scale is different than the current DAT. I think the current DAT has more mercy lol. Idk if that makes sense. In the end, I scored a 24AA and a 26 in OChem so I definitely didn't feel like it was reflective. DAT Bootcamp was most accurate for me (I scored about 2-3 points higher on each section on the DAT).

I'd say Bootcamp is pretty accurate. Genius is for the most part except one test which was wayyy easier
Don't use sources as a way to predict. Learn from them and worry about scores on exam day

Reactions: 1 user
I'd say Bootcamp is pretty accurate. Genius is for the most part except one test which was wayyy easier
Don't use sources as a way to predict. Learn from them and worry about scores on exam day
Do you remember which test you consider to be way easier? Just out of curiosity...Also that is good advice. I am trying my best to learn from my practice exams, of course, but I also want to make sure I'm on track to score well.

For me personally, I wish I hadn't put in the time to take those two exams. I was consistently scoring between 21-25 on my Bootcamp tests, so I was feeling pretty okay (okay no, I wanted to die inside LOL but scoring well made it a little better). Anyway, like 3 days before my test, I took the 2007 and 2009 and scored like 19-20 for AA, and a 17 on Organic Chemistry!!!

I remember freaking out and telling my mom that I wanted to reschedule my test cause I got so scared (honestly idk why I scored so poorly on them) but she told me not to do it, and I also talked to Nancy from DAT Destroyer and she told me how one of the exams (I think 2009) had a lot of errors. If you do take it, be sure to look for those errors (there are a lot of threads on SDN dedicated to them) and grade yourself appropriately.

Of course, this is just my own experience with it. I read a LOT of breakdowns that said that they were much easier than the real thing so I was like omfg what...lol...and I think they are, but because of that, the grading scale is different than the current DAT. I think the current DAT has more mercy lol. Idk if that makes sense. In the end, I scored a 24AA and a 26 in OChem so I definitely didn't feel like it was reflective. DAT Bootcamp was most accurate for me (I scored about 2-3 points higher on each section on the DAT).

That makes sense lol..Honestly the more I read about the 2007 and 2009 ADA tests on other threads, the more it makes me think that since I only have five days left until my exam, it may be better spent elsewhere/doing other practice tests. 2007 apparently is too easy and 2009 has a bunch of errors that I don't really want to worry about at this point. Thanks for your input, and congrats on those amazing scores! Would you mind sharing with me what your Bootcamp practice scores were?

Do you remember which test you consider to be way easier? Just out of curiosity...Also that is good advice. I am trying my best to learn from my practice exams, of course, but I also want to make sure I'm on track to score well.
Not sure. I have my results my breakdown. I started with Bootcamp and did genius ...and I did bc full tests again before the DAT. I seemed to have done a little better on genius but that's because I was already pretty good
Overall in pat Thery're pretty similar. Genius had rocks last year which was similar for keyholes on he real DAT

That makes sense lol..Honestly the more I read about the 2007 and 2009 ADA tests on other threads, the more it makes me think that since I only have five days left until my exam, it may be better spent elsewhere/doing other practice tests. 2007 apparently is too easy and 2009 has a bunch of errors that I don't really want to worry about at this point. Thanks for your input, and congrats on those amazing scores! Would you mind sharing with me what your Bootcamp practice scores were?
Sure! And thank you!!! I had to work really hard cause my GPA sucked lol...sigh

(AA / Bio / GC / OC / RC / QR)
DAT Bootcamp:
Test 1: (23 / 26 / 23 / 21 / 19 / 24)
Test 2: (20 / 16 / 22 / 22 / 20 / 21)
Test 3: (22 / 18 / 26 / 18 / 20 / 30)
Test 4: (23 / 23 / 25 / 24 / 25 / 19)
Test 5: (20 / 21 / 19 / 20 / 20 / 18)

ADA Official Exams:
2007: (20 / 19 / 19 / 20 / 17 / 23)
2009: (? / 25 / 20 / 17 / 20 / 17) [didn't calculate the AA lmao...kind of just...defeated after these two exams]

REAL SCORE:
AA: 24 / Bio: 21 / GC: 23 / OC: 26 /RC: 25 / QR: 26 /PAT: 20

Oh and good luck on your exam :) don't be too nervous because I know I felt like crying the night before / the morning of, but your hard work will pay off. Believe in that!

Sure! And thank you!!! I had to work really hard cause my GPA sucked lol...sigh

(AA / Bio / GC / OC / RC / QR)
DAT Bootcamp:
Test 1: (23 / 26 / 23 / 21 / 19 / 24)
Test 2: (20 / 16 / 22 / 22 / 20 / 21)
Test 3: (22 / 18 / 26 / 18 / 20 / 30)
Test 4: (23 / 23 / 25 / 24 / 25 / 19)
Test 5: (20 / 21 / 19 / 20 / 20 / 18)

ADA Official Exams:
2007: (20 / 19 / 19 / 20 / 17 / 23)
2009: (? / 25 / 20 / 17 / 20 / 17) [didn't calculate the AA lmao...kind of just...defeated after these two exams]

REAL SCORE:
AA: 24 / Bio: 21 / GC: 23 / OC: 26 /RC: 25 / QR: 26 /PAT: 20

Oh and good luck on your exam :) don't be too nervous because I know I felt like crying the night before / the morning of, but your hard work will pay off. Believe in that!
Yeah, I am so nervous!!!! But I can't wait to be done at the same time lol...Thanks for the encouragement!! I will try my best, that's all I can do anyways :)