2007 APVMA Symposium

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RemyRipper315

UPenn Class of 2011
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys!

Just wondered if anyone else is going to the 2007 APVMA Symposium???

It's at Penn State this year -- Friday, March 16th- Sunday, March 18th.

Looks like fun!!! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you have a link to a site with more info about it??

oooo i wanna go! that looks great. I can't think of anybody to go with me though.

WOW...this looks totally awesome. I wish school were like this everyday!
Mistifical....dont worry about going alone. I couldn't drag my friends to one of these if I paid them! So, I'll be the girl standing alone awkwardly by the drinks.;) hahaha

WOW...this looks totally awesome. I wish school were like this everyday!
Mistifical....dont worry about going alone. I couldn't drag my friends to one of these if I paid them! So, I'll be the girl standing alone awkwardly by the drinks.;) hahaha

I have a friend who wants to go with me now. Unfortunately, I don't know too many pre-vet people. You can stand awkwardly with me by the drinks now :p

Anyways, have you registered yet? I e-mailed one of their contacts asking about the process because the girl I'm going with doesn't have specific interests and has never been to PSU (I've been there thousands of times and know the area pretty well) and wants to try to attend all the same lectures/labs as me. I'm so excited! And such a nerd :D I love nerdy things.

Oh, and I wish they had brief descriptions of all of the lectures and labs! Or do they and I haven't been clever enough to figure that out...:confused:

shoot, am i too dim for this? it looks like a recruiting conference for vet schools. are there going to be lectures/"con-ed" type stuff, or is this to familarize ourselves with vet schools from across teh country?

It's being held at Penn State and I haven't heard anything about any vet schools being there to "recruit." I definitely think it's more a lecture/continuing-ed type thing.

shoot, am i too dim for this? it looks like a recruiting conference for vet schools. are there going to be lectures/"con-ed" type stuff, or is this to familarize ourselves with vet schools from across teh country?

Hi all, I am one of the people in charge of programs for the meeting (RemyRipper315 is the other chair of the committee). The main focus of the meeting will be the labs and lectures to be held from 9:00-5:00 on Saturday. We also have some vet schools interested in comming and having exhibits. You will be able to visit the exhibits between your lectures and throughout the day on Saturday. We also have social activities and entertainment planned so it should be a pretty fun time.

If anyone has any questions about the symposium, one of us can probably answer them so ask away :) :) :)

I am the enrollment counselor for St. George's University, and each year I attend the APVMA Symposium as an exhibitor to allow students the opportunity to learn more about SGU. Each year 500-600 students attend the APVMA Symposium to take part in the many different classes that are offered, and meet hundreds of other pre-vet students from around the country. It is a valuable experience for all. The people involved at Penn State have been doing a great job setting up this year's event, and I am sure a great time will be had by all. I am looking forward to meeting all of you there.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi all, I am one of the people in charge of programs for the meeting (RemyRipper315 is the other chair of the committee). The main focus of the meeting will be the labs and lectures to be held from 9:00-5:00 on Saturday. We also have some vet schools interested in comming and having exhibits. You will be able to visit the exhibits between your lectures and throughout the day on Saturday. We also have social activities and entertainment planned so it should be a pretty fun time.

If anyone has any questions about the symposium, one of us can probably answer them so ask away :) :) :)
sweet! thanks for clearing me up on that. i honestly didn't even know there were pre-vet sypmposiums like this. thanks, guys, i'll look into this!

sweet! thanks for clearing me up on that. i honestly didn't even know there were pre-vet sypmposiums like this. thanks, guys, i'll look into this!

:)

so... if i have a friend who would liek to go with me but would prefer to stick by my side... is that possible with the way you "sign up" for lectures and labs??

so... if i have a friend who would liek to go with me but would prefer to stick by my side... is that possible with the way you "sign up" for lectures and labs??

We have a registration form where you rank your most to least interested lectures in each lecture period. Then, you rank your top 10 lab periods from most interested to least interested. We've been filling up the lectures/labs as registration forms are submitted based on attendee preferences.

I don't see any problems in making sure you both get the exact same schedule. Some kind of notation on the forms that you need the same schedule should be sufficient! However, I will double-check with some other committee members either tomorrow or Thursday and then let you know how to proceed! :)

We have a registration form where you rank your most to least interested lectures in each lecture period. Then, you rank your top 10 lab periods from most interested to least interested. We've been filling up the lectures/labs as registration forms are submitted based on attendee preferences.

I don't see any problems in making sure you both get the exact same schedule. Some kind of notation on the forms that you need the same schedule should be sufficient! However, I will double-check with some other committee members either tomorrow or Thursday and then let you know how to proceed! :)

awesome that would be great!
are some of the periods filled already? probably are... if so, which ones, if you're allowed to say.

That should be no problem to make sure you both have the same schedule!

I think our registration chair e-mailed you this morning. If not, PM me. :)

That should be no problem to make sure you both have the same schedule!

I think our registration chair e-mailed you this morning. If not, PM me. :)

Yup I got it! I really look forward to it!!

So what's the deal with the snow making it impossible to get there?

So what's the deal with the snow making it impossible to get there?

Wish I knew! We were really bummed about the freak snow storm....It was in the 70's here on the Wednesday before symposium---honestly!

If your flight got cancelled, I'm sad you couldn't come :( About 280 out of 380 students made it. I hope people had a good time despite the weather. A lot of goodies got cancelled, but our committee chairs really tried to find alternative things to do.

FYI, speakers and even exhibitors(!) really stepped up to the plate and covered cancelled lectures, with less than 24 hour warning in many cases. They were awesome! :)

If anyone here was able to attend, please feel free to give us some constructive criticism. That way we can pass that information on to Florida so next year's symposium is even more awesome!

So the symposium is definitely going to be in florida next year?

yep. University of Florida won the bid.