2007 DAT Exams

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

skyisblue

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've noticed that there has been a lot of talk on here about the DAT being harder. If that is truly the case, when did ADA make it harder? Since Fall of last year or just starting Spring of this year?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
its not getting harder. how could anyone know, how could they compare how hard the tests are relative to eachother? there is no proof of that.

I am just going by what other posters have said when they put up their scores after retaking it for the second time.

maybe they just got lucky their first time

why are they screwed?

I have some friends that took the test in Nov. and Dec. of last year and didn't do well enough. They are retaking it in the Spring or Summer of this year. If it has gotten harder, not sure how to prepare for it this time around with no real reference.

its hard to say whether or not it got harder. ive only seen probably less than 20 SDNers post their DAT scores since 2007 started, and that's definitely not enough to say anything about the test considering the 10K+ number of applicants. and i don't think its safe to assume that SDNers are automatically superman when it comes to DAT just because we've seen other people on here score very high.

I'm not discrediting those that say it has gotten harder. maybe it really has. im just saying that it's not worth getting all worked up over. I took my test in January, and I saw stuff that I've never seen in any prep material, including some ochem problem types that came out of nowhere. Does that mean the test changed on me too then? I'd like to think that it's not possible for anyone to memorize or study off a handful of study materials and be able to get 29's across the board. I think that defeats the purpose of a standardized test.

I personally believe that the test has not gotten any harder. I took the DAT for the first time in Aug. 2006 and then again in Jan 2007. I scored higher in January and studied much less. I actually thought that the test in January was easier than the previous.

I took it in Mar '07. Studied one day for it and did fairly well. I didn't think it was too bad. Just the QR and RC i didn't have enough time for.

i wrote the Canadian DAT this past feb and the RC was considerably more difficult than the sample ones i used to practice for it.....im surprised i even got a 19 on it....the bio and the chem were pretty on par tho....

I took it in Mar '07. Studied one day for it and did fairly well. I didn't think it was too bad. Just the QR and RC i didn't have enough time for.

Must be a low-balling pre-med. You can not study for the DAT in one day and do good. Unless you are talking about taking the practice one over for the tenth time. Ohhh ok, I see how you did well. Congrats!