1. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice

2007 DAT Exams

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by skyisblue, Apr 11, 2007.

1. skyisblue

Pre-Dental
    I've noticed that there has been a lot of talk on here about the DAT being harder. If that is truly the case, when did ADA make it harder? Since Fall of last year or just starting Spring of this year?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. BodybldgDoc

BodybldgDoc Guest

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    starting spring according to jb and burton117

4. skyisblue

Pre-Dental
    So my friends who took it at the end of last year, Nov. Dec. are screwed.

5. BodybldgDoc

BodybldgDoc Guest

why are they screwed?

6. doc toothache

Dentist
    With such accuracy it must a case of insider info.

7. dr.rex

dr.rex rexadactyl nights

Dental Student
    its not getting harder. how could anyone know, how could they compare how hard the tests are relative to eachother? there is no proof of that.

8. BodybldgDoc

BodybldgDoc Guest

I am just going by what other posters have said when they put up their scores after retaking it for the second time.

9. blasterx

:bullcrap:

10. dr.rex

dr.rex rexadactyl nights

Dental Student
    maybe they just got lucky their first time

11. skyisblue

Pre-Dental
    I have some friends that took the test in Nov. and Dec. of last year and didn't do well enough. They are retaking it in the Spring or Summer of this year. If it has gotten harder, not sure how to prepare for it this time around with no real reference.

12. lilchinoboy03

Pre-Dental
    its hard to say whether or not it got harder. ive only seen probably less than 20 SDNers post their DAT scores since 2007 started, and that's definitely not enough to say anything about the test considering the 10K+ number of applicants. and i don't think its safe to assume that SDNers are automatically superman when it comes to DAT just because we've seen other people on here score very high.

I'm not discrediting those that say it has gotten harder. maybe it really has. im just saying that it's not worth getting all worked up over. I took my test in January, and I saw stuff that I've never seen in any prep material, including some ochem problem types that came out of nowhere. Does that mean the test changed on me too then? I'd like to think that it's not possible for anyone to memorize or study off a handful of study materials and be able to get 29's across the board. I think that defeats the purpose of a standardized test.

13. USCbiograd

Dental Student
    I personally believe that the test has not gotten any harder. I took the DAT for the first time in Aug. 2006 and then again in Jan 2007. I scored higher in January and studied much less. I actually thought that the test in January was easier than the previous.

14. lotexigeus

lotexigeus Master Member

Dental Student
    I took it in Mar '07. Studied one day for it and did fairly well. I didn't think it was too bad. Just the QR and RC i didn't have enough time for.

15. Dr. Yankem

Dr. Yankem Junior Member

Pre-Dental
    i wrote the Canadian DAT this past feb and the RC was considerably more difficult than the sample ones i used to practice for it.....im surprised i even got a 19 on it....the bio and the chem were pretty on par tho....

16. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

17. albodent

albodent Member

Dental Student
    Must be a low-balling pre-med. You can not study for the DAT in one day and do good. Unless you are talking about taking the practice one over for the tenth time. Ohhh ok, I see how you did well. Congrats!