2007 RDEP students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kankle

Everybody loves kankle
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got accepted to the RDEP (UofU/Creighton) program and I'm interrested to see who else is in the program. I'm really excited and can't wait to meet everybody.:p

Members don't see this ad.

What school are you at and when were you accepted? RDEP has come up many times, but out of the ten that will be your classmates, I doubt any will be on here. Sorry bro.
:)

concrats! i am sitting here at the U of U multimedia center thinking how amazing all the RDEP students will be this coming fall! - i should have applied to RDEP, oh well..

best wishes!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'll be there! Do you know anyone else who has gone through it? Do you know what day classes start?

I graduate from the university of utah last year, May 2006. Where are you at and did you apply for REDP? P.S. I know you can't tell but I'm a girl, bro.

I don't know anybody else who's been through the program. I went out to see Creighton after I got accepted and took a tour with a girl that was currently in the program and she said she loved it. She said Creighton is a little weak in Anatomy and Biochemistry but that we'll get a strong background of it at the U. She loves Omaha too and wouldn't have choosen any other program. I'm glad I found somebody else here in the forum. With only 10 of us I wasn't sure anybody would be on here. Where are you from and where did you do your undergrad? Dr. Powell called me a couple of weeks ago and said they're going to be sending out a letter with school start dates and other information soon. I'd assume it'll start the same time as the medical school but I don't know when that is either.

What does RDEP stand for?

Regional Dental Education Program

Congrats, I am glad they finally filled those last few seats. I didn't think it would take 'til March. I am surprised by how many people didn't choose the program as their first choice.

Oh sorry, I was accepted back in December I just didn't join SDN until this month. I think I heard that 8 of the 10 initial offers were taken. Anyway, thanks for all the responses.

Nice to see some RDEP pride happnen. I will be there in that sweet cozy classroom with yall. I am finishing up this sem at BYU and am really exited about RDEP. I know another coug' who has taken the offer also, and two more that got in but I don't think they are going.

I'm originally from SLC, but I'm just finishing up my last semester here at BYU. I cant wait to get started!!! I think there's one, maybe two others from BYU that are doing RDEP, but I don't know who they are. Have you started collecting extracted teeth yet?

Extracted teeth?!! I saw that letter and was totally confused. I figured I got it because of a mailing list mistake or something. Are they serious?

I'm originally from SLC, but I'm just finishing up my last semester here at BYU. I cant wait to get started!!! I think there's one, maybe two others from BYU that are doing RDEP, but I don't know who they are. Have you started collecting extracted teeth yet?

I have called a few dentists and have gotten the OK at a few, but I need to get a bottle over to them so they can keep them for me. I am too busy during dentist hours (10-11:30am) to get to a practice when it's open.

I threw that letter away. So why are we collecting teeth?

I think it's for dental anatomy. There's a few schools that have you do it. A few of my friends that I stayed with for interviews had a jar full. Kind of weird, but kind of cool at the same time.
I asked a friend of mine that's a dentist to collect some for me. Most are pretty good about it. I think the letter just said to get started. Collect any teeth you can get, 3rd molars, anomalies, filled teeth or whatever and to keep it in a mason jar with 50:50 water:bleach solution or something. Oh, and it said to mention to the dentists to have them run it through the ultrasonic cleaner to get any "debris" off of the teeth.