2008-2009 Pharmacy Colleges APPLICATION MATERIALS(VERY HELPFUL)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pvaiyapu

PharmD Student Fall 2009
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This 2008-2009 Pharmacy Colleges APPLICATION MATERIALS is VERY HELPFUL. I have personally put together application materials and more info on all the pharmacy colleges I can find in the US and now it is at your disposal. BTW it took me about 2-3 days to finish the list. I am prolly going to apply to some of the colleges myself and this should be very helpful for all prospective pharmacy students.:cool:

Go to:
http://www.4shared.com/file/6594740...s_2009_Checklist.html?dirPwdVerified=c15fce3c

Click on downlaod NOW
and start applying to your favorite pharmacy colleges

Why so serious? ....saw dark night in imax.....def worth it.....:D

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Thanks. It's very helpful !

Members don't see this ad :)
Scan it for Trojans, worms, etc.
...Or just open it up at a schoo library and see what happens, LoL! jk
:smuggrin:

I just opened it up and it's fine. :thumbup:

wow have u guys checked University of Southern Nevada College of Pharmacy(NO PHARMCAS). is it true what i just read!!! no PCAT, no LOR and NO pharmacy exp. is this college accredited? is it approved by all 50 states?. If this is true then I dont feel like im applying to a real pharmacy school. anyone applying there?

wow have u guys checked University of Southern Nevada College of Pharmacy(NO PHARMCAS). is it true what i just read!!! no PCAT, no LOR and NO pharmacy exp. is this college accredited? is it approved by all 50 states?. If this is true then I dont feel like im applying to a real pharmacy school. anyone applying there?

It means they have an average GPA of 3.7+ students.

:) I DO HAVE THAT !!!!! mine is 3.73. I have all pre-req done and i have 105 credit hours.....so if i apply tomorrow, all i have to do is just submit my application online and THATS IT !!.......I'm still reading that list and I found that Rutgers School of Pharmacy (NO PHARMCAS) goes by the same rules !!!

Hope it doesn't have any viruses!!!

Anything I can do to help prospective pharmacy students...and No its doesn't have any viruses. I just thought this info should be available to everybody. I tried uploading it directly into sdn but for that it had to be 300 kb or less and mine is 753 kb. They should really allow up to 1 MB atleast since that would make everybody's lives easier.

:cool:Good luck to everybody applying Fall 2009....:thumbup:

thanks for this

although it appears this is straight from PharmCAS's data lol

How about the University of Mississippi, I'm looking at their website and from what I can tell, they don't use Pharmcas but they do require PCAT scores be sent to them?

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks for this

although it appears this is straight from PharmCAS's data lol

Not all of it, this person did some good research! :thumbup:

thanks mletter atleast u appreciate it. it took me a while to compile this list. I wish someone has done this for me when I was a freshman applying to pharmacy schools.

As for GoCats327 question University of Mississippi DOESNT USE THE PHARMCAS AT ALL. They do require the PCAT to be sent to their school and the school code to sent your PCAT scores to is 0032.

Good luck. :soexcited:

I would really appreciate it if an admin makes this a sticky....
because this is the most basic info all pharmacy applicants want to have....This list includes all US schools...

Admin PLZ make this a sticky....:woot:

Thanks for your efforts in gathering all the information. However, AACP already has a school narrative page which lists all the pre-reqs, PharmCAS participation, acceptance stats, etc. in a more organized format. It also has a page from each school giving their mission statements and general information. It is the first link on the AACP Pharmacy School Admission Requirements page. There is a lot of other information about each school in the subsequent links as well.

If an admin feels this should be stickied, they will do so. No need to keep giving yourself bumps.

I would really appreciate it if an admin makes this a sticky....
because this is the most basic info all pharmacy applicants want to have....This list includes all US schools...

Admin PLZ make this a sticky....:woot:

Jeez....you sure are proud of yourself.

haha....i guess i am....sry about that....

10.jpg

yeah that was specific for me. University of Arizona requires B or above in required prereq courses organic chemistry and anatomy and physiology. I don't have that so i wasn't planning on applying there but that's just me. You can go ahead and apply.

why isn't UNM on the list? just curious....

yeah i wasnt planning on traveling to new mexico....

Correction...

University of Southern Nevada for Fall 2010 applicants must submit a PCAT score..

Correction...

University of Southern Nevada for Fall 2010 applicants must submit a PCAT score..

Well yeah...but this information is for Fall 2009 Applicants....im sure some pharmacy schools change criteria from year to year....

Which pharmacy college do u hope to get into(everyone has their fav)??

I am going for either:
university of southern nevada or UCSF (My fav programs)

Which pharmacy college do u hope to get into(everyone has their fav)??

I am going for either:
university of southern nevada or UCSF (My fav programs)

me too im applying to univeristy of southern nevada, Univeristy of florida, NSU, South unviersity, FAMU.

me too im applying to univeristy of southern nevada, Univeristy of florida, NSU, South unviersity, FAMU.

thats great....southern nevada is a great place to go to mostly due to their 3 yr program.......:cool: :smuggrin::corny:

Can anyone re-upload this file? The link doesn't work. I lost the file after reformatting my hard drive (d'oh!).

Can anyone re-upload this file? The link doesn't work. I lost the file after reformatting my hard drive (d'oh!).

Yeah, I couldnt access it either.....so i changed the link.....

NOW it should work......go to the 1st post and click on the link

Does it have 6 year programs with high school requirements? I couldn't find them, just wondering.

Does it have 6 year programs with high school requirements? I couldn't find them, just wondering.

some pharmacy schools have 0-6 program where u can go straight from high school....I would recommend just visiting the website to find out or give them a call.....

Last edited:
A new type of rejection letter:

Graduates send out numerous resumes looking for jobs with large corporations, and receive countless rejection letters. This response letter is the by product of receiving so many of those rejection letters!

Dear (whomever),

Thank you for your letter of (date they sent their rejection letter here). After careful consideration I regret to inform you that I am unable to accept your refusal to offer me employment with your firm. This year I have been particularly fortunate in receiving an unusually large number of rejection letters. With such a varied and promising field of candidates, it is impossible for me to accept all refusals.

Despite your company's outstanding qualifications and previous experience in rejecting applicants, I find that your rejection does not meet with my needs at this time. Therefore, I will initiate employment with your firm immediately following graduation. I look forward to seeing you then.

Best of luck in rejecting future candidates.

Sincerely,

(your name here)

Last edited:
Why pharmacy????

comments are appreciated

ty soo much for this this is so very helpful

uget :thumbup::thumbup: up for this

ty soo much for this this is so very helpful

uget :thumbup::thumbup: up for this

no probs man.....anything to help sdn forum members...

this forum has been so informative at times for me so this is my payback.....:bow:

This thing helped so much lol
Thx enuf man. For those who, like me, who hav no time to look thru everything (cuz of work mostly) makes my life niice and easyyy =)

Ok i got a question tho, when you write
*only highest grade used
Is that for like any course (on some you starred the ones where they accept the ihghest grade, but for some it just says highest grade)

Cuz if so, im thinkin of restarting first year (yeah whoa!) and jus rippin it apart.:cool:

thanks so much!

Thx enuf man. For those who, like me, who hav no time to look thru everything (cuz of work mostly) makes my life niice and easyyy =)

*only highest grade used
Is that for like any course (on some you starred the ones where they accept the ihghest grade, but for some it just says highest grade)

Cuz if so, im thinkin of restarting first year (yeah whoa!) and jus rippin it apart.:cool:

Yeah, usually when it states "higest grade," they take the highest grade of repeated courses.

HTH

*only highest grade used

Yeah *only highest grade used.....means the pharmacy college takes the highest grade no matter how many times you repeat the course...

It doesn't matter if I starred the ones where they accept the highest grade or the ones where it just says highest grade

I forgot to ask if the University of southern nevada require a personal statement .....do u guys have any idea if they do ?

I forgot to ask if the University of southern nevada require a personal statement .....do u guys have any idea if they do ?

No University of southern Nevada doesn't require a personal statement...just 5 questions which is part of the pdf application....