2008 applicatio availability

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mommy2three

PGY-1
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
does ayoe know when the 2008 application will be available??

Members don't see this ad.

does ayoe know when the 2008 application will be available??

:rolleyes:

No offense, but couldn't you look it up yourself? It's out there on the website, and I am sure you know of the website if you plan on applying.

Members don't see this ad :)
:rolleyes:

No offense, but couldn't you look it up yourself? It's out there on the website, and I am sure you know of the website if you plan on applying.

Any the previous threads for this question. I love the search option ;)

Any the previous threads for this question. I love the search option ;)

i can never get the search option to work correctly for me...i always end up with wierd things and completely unrelated things to what i am searching for.

i find usually the fastest way to figure something out is to ask because someone here usually knows the answer

Well that and the website doesn'ts tate on the main page. Thanks for answering :)

i obviously had not checked there as of yet. :oops:
you know sometimes we do have brain farts...we are afterall only human.

i obviously had not checked there as of yet. :oops:
you know sometimes we do have brain farts...we are afterall only human.

I have them consistently. Unfortunately at the worst times (verbal reasoning...:eek: )

Is CCOM your number one choice?

yes but they are also the only osteo school i can apply to. dh works in chicago and is in the process of starting his dissertation (just took number two of three qual exams) so we do not have the ability to relocate. i got to visit there last year at an open house type thing and absolutely fell in love...i immediately felt comfortable there and knew it is where i wanted to go.
so this year i am doing an all out application to ccom and the allo schools in the area but if ccom will have me i am there in a heartbeat...1hr commute be darned :p

I have them consistently. Unfortunately at the worst times (verbal reasoning...:eek: )

:laugh: that would not be a good time to have one
usually i just say the baby is sucking my brain cells :idea: ...after all how much intelligable conversation can one be expected to have when one's daily routine entails babbling with a 10 1/2 month old :p

So the rumor was 6/4/07 - it's still not available.

Any other news on when it will *officially* open????

Last year they kept delaying the opening. I have a feeling it will just randomly open sometime today, but knowing AACOMAS, don't be shocked if we hit a delay for a couple days. In the mean time, you can write out the descriptions for your activities. That will save a bunch of time..

Members don't see this ad :)
If we already entered all of our information, please tell me that it won't "reset" when they decide to open for the '08 cycle. I don't want to re-enter every single class I have taken and every single activity/award.:sleep:

I had everything ready to go at 12:01AM, and nothing. 6:30AM, nothing. Noon, nothing.

As a side note, does anyone know where I can find infomation about how many OOS applicants apply/matriculate at the various osteopathic schools? (Search function brought up various unrelated threads) An MSAR for the Osteo's would be nice.

If we already entered all of our information, please tell me that it won't "reset" when they decide to open for the '08 cycle. I don't want to re-enter every single class I have taken and every single activity/award.:sleep:

I had everything ready to go at 12:01AM, and nothing. 6:30AM, nothing. Noon, nothing.

As a side note, does anyone know where I can find infomation about how many OOS applicants apply/matriculate at the various osteopathic schools? (Search function brought up various unrelated threads) An MSAR for the Osteo's would be nice.

Don't be shocked if we don't get the application today. Also, I think you will have to re-enter everything. Just save a copy to your desktop and do some made copy-and-pasting...

There is no *MSAR* for osteopathic schools. The closest thing is US News and the schools websites if they offer any information. I share your frustrations.

it says right there that anything you enter to the 2007 cycle will not be considered for 2008...so i am pretty sure you will have to enter it one more time. But what you can do is open a word document and copy paste everything so you will have it saved for later.

There is no *MSAR* for osteopathic schools. The closest thing is US News and the schools websites if they offer any information. I share your frustrations.

Well, if there is an osteopathic MSAR analog, I have yet to find it. However, I have put together some data, some of which may be grossly outdated, so take it all with many grains of salt.

Statistical Values for Osteopathic Medical Schools

Playmakur42, link number 8 in the post cited above might be of interest to you. Good luck.

it says right there that anything you enter to the 2007 cycle will not be considered for 2008...so i am pretty sure you will have to enter it one more time. But what you can do is open a word document and copy paste everything so you will have it saved for later.

ooh that is a great idea...i may have to scoot in there and grab all my info now so all i have to do is cut and paste.

I just called AACOMAS in hopes of finding out about the opening of 2008 cycle...ofcourse, they first gave me an automated run arround (press this then press this ...geeez) only to direct me to a freaking machine...man for all those big bucks that we are paying they could at least have one person there to answear the questions, not a machine to leave your message on.
:mad::mad::mad:

I just called AACOMAS in hopes of finding out about the opening of 2008 cycle...ofcourse, they first gave me an automated run arround (press this then press this ...geeez) only to direct me to a freaking machine...man for all those big bucks that we are paying they could at least have one person there to answear the questions, not a machine to leave your message on.
:mad::mad::mad:

I'm sorry to hear that, and I understand your frustration. I think the administrators in that office are probably aware that folks are going to call in today, so the used the old "answering machine" tactic to avoid having to provide a direct answer.

Want me to go knock on their door for you and tell them to answer their phone? I live nearby. :smuggrin: j/k, of course.

I'm sorry to hear that, and I understand your frustration. I think the administrators in that office are probably aware that folks are going to call in today, so the used the old "answering machine" tactic to avoid having to provide a direct answer.

Want me to go knock on their door for you and tell them to answer their phone? I live nearby. :smuggrin: j/k, of course.

LOL...yeah...well, they know we have no other choice but patiently wait.

Opps, i already had my transcript sent in thinking they would be open. hopefully, it gets there tomorrow so they don't throw it away.

Good luck to you all! I'm here for ya.

Hey Ilikescience, they wont throw it away. They'll match it up when you apply.

Um, so much for being early this year? Oh well, my DO letter is still not in interfolio yet.

Hey Ilikescience, they wont throw it away. They'll match it up when you apply.

Um, so much for being early this year? Oh well, my DO letter is still not in interfolio yet.

You can still be early. Nobody else can fill it out yet, so you're as far along as anybody else. Besides, you don't need your DO letter until secondaries, so that's not really an issue yet.

Thanks for the advice and info Dr.VN, Dr.Kicia, Spicedmanna, and jpc984. I've got the app. saved in a word document. Sometimes it pays to be a procastinator.

It feels weird to be sending in the app. w/o knowing my MCAT score.....

Thanks for the advice and info Dr.VN, Dr.Kicia, Spicedmanna, and jpc984. I've got the app. saved in a word document. Sometimes it pays to be a procastinator.

It feels weird to be sending in the app. w/o knowing my MCAT score.....

LOL that reminds me, I thought about applying and seeing what happens without actually looking into the ThX system. I found the courage though and looked. :laugh:

I e-mailed them but no response yet...

Opps, i already had my transcript sent in thinking they would be open. hopefully, it gets there tomorrow so they don't throw it away.

Good luck to you all! I'm here for ya.

lol i did the same thing too.... got my transcripts sent on thursday..... that would REALLLY suck!

yeah it is extremely gay that they say they'll open it on one date and then not

I think I read on a DO school's website that it will not be made available until June 5 (tomorrow)... but you can never really tell with AACOMAS!:laugh:

It's finally available!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let the fun begin! Good luck to all of you. It'll be all over before you know it.