2008 Application Cycle!!!! Starts NOW!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Zendoc

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Wasssuuuuppppp all you 2008 applicants?!? I figured since today is the day that AACOMAS and AMCAS let us begin working on our applications, I would start a thread so we can all go through this together. Anyone want to hop on board?

To begin with, I have a question:

My father passed away when I was very young and I do not have contact with my mom. Do I have to include their information on the "parent background" section? Will it look bad if I don't include their information? Will it put my application at a disadvantage?

Any information is greatly appreciated! Best of luck to us all!

Members don't see this ad.

AACOMAS doesnt start till June

I know you can't submit until June, but I was able to create a login and start filling in information...am I trippin'?

Members don't see this ad :)

I know you can't submit until June, but I was able to create a login and start filling in information...am I trippin'?

You are working on the 2007 application, according to the AACOMAS website. THe 2008 app is not available till June. You better double check what you are working on or else you will have to start over which would really suck!!!!

From the website:
The application that is currently available online is only for the entering class of 2007 (2007 application cycle). If you are applying for the entering class of 2008 (2008 application cycle), please revisit this page in June 2007. Applications completed for the entering class of 2007 cannot be used for the entering class of 2008.

the 2008 app is available too.

OOPS.. thought we were talkin about AMCAS. didnt realize i was in the DO forum. im not sure if the AACOMAS works.

Does that mean we cant get out transcripts sent out until June? I'm guessing yes, but just making sure!!