2008 Application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sm1nty

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Question - if I put my AADSAS application in by mid-June, and take my DAT mid-July; would I still make it to be considered first-round?
When exactly is the "first-round" cut off date?

(Sorry if they've been previous posts of the same nature...I couldn't find them in my search attempts)

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

That is just the way that I did it. I actually turned in my application on June 6th (I think), and took my DAT during the last week of July. Keep in mind that schools don't receive your DAT scores for about 6 weeks, but many of them are OK with you sending a copy of your unofficial DAT scores that you will be given when you complete the exam. I would definitely put an emphasis on not procrastinating your application however. Get it in as early as you possibly can. A matter of only a few days can be the difference of several hundred qualified students being ahead of you in line. I don't know for sure, but I got the impression that schools basically looked at the applications in the order in which they were received. Good luck!! Applying to Dental School is WAY fun!!!

Thank you so much!
I'm done with finals May 17th, and will be working on nothing but my applications after, and am aiming to get them in ASAP.
I'm working on getting letters of recommendations right now, and drafting my personal statement.

I recall Aadsas saying 3 letters. Do you think more would hurt? I was thinking 2 from science prof, 1 from previous fulltime job (consulting), and 2 from dentists that i've worked with...

This is exciting...I can't wait!!

FYI- AADSAS is only processing 4 LORs this cycle... you can find instructions for the 08 cycle at adea.org. All additional letters that you get will have to be sent directly to the d-schools.