Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

2008 Applications...

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by rasajdak, Apr 30, 2007.

1. rasajdak

rasajdak Superhero
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    So...

I'm taking the MCAT June 15th. If I submit the AACOMAS before I get the results, will everything be automatically submitted as the MCAT scores come in? I only ask because I'm going to be gone from July 8th to August 10th and will not have any sort of email/telephone access, only snail mail. I would like to get everything complete before I leave, and I just wanted to know if this is possible, or if there is anything else I should be concerned with. IE if I don't return something on time, or get back to someone on time because I'm going to be away.

Thanks in advance,
    Ryan

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. ocwaveoc

ocwaveoc Membership Revoked
    Removed

Pre-Medical
    I'm wondering the same thing since I'll be finished with AACOMAS by the time I take the Aug MCAT.

4. HemaOncoDoc

HemaOncoDoc One Step At A Time
    10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    Your AACOMAS will be updated with your new score once AACOM receives it. It's automatic. Some students fax a copy of their score report to the schools that they applied to, but if you're willing to wait a few weeks, school should be able to access your AACOMAS and see the (updated, for retakers) score(s).

5. rasajdak

rasajdak Superhero
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    What if it's the first time you're taking it?

6. CJY85

7+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I'm confused on this whole thing. I'm graduating in May from Undergrad and plan on taking the MCAT in July. Can I submit my filled out Accomas app for processing before my MCAT score even comes in, or will ACCOM not dispatch my application to my desired schools until i get my MCAT score?

7. CJY85

7+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I spelled AACOM wrong every time I used it in a sentence lol :rolleyes:

8. spicedmanna

Moderator Emeritus 7+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    CJY85, check this:

9. Diomedes

Diomedes Lord of the Battle Cry
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Last year I completed AACOMAS in October and took the MCAT in January. Not only did AACOMAS send out my app without the MCAT but I recieved secondaries from all but one school (Touro-MI) and had them completed about the time I got my MCAT scores. Once AACOMAS recieved my scores they resent my app to all schools as an update. They will also do this with new grades (i.e. Fall semester) if you send them additional transcripts. So don't worry about it. AACOMAS is good people. Get in what you have and send the rest as you get it.

10. rasajdak

rasajdak Superhero
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    How soon after you submit the primary do you receive the secondaries?

11. HemaOncoDoc

10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    That's why I put things in ( ). If it is your first time, AACOMAS will put in your MCAT score. For those who have retaken it, it will put in your new score along with the previous score.

12. HemaOncoDoc

10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    I answered your post in another thread, but if you're graduating in May, that is perfect. You will fill out your AACOMAS reflecting what you would have on your final transcript from your undergraduate institution along with any other institution where you have taken courses. Send in your primary Your MCAT will be updated if and only if you allow the AAMC to release your score to the AACOMAS and/or AACOM.

http://www.aamc.org/students/mcat

Sometimes the next day depending on the school's policy. It can take several months too depending if you're in-state, out-of-state, or when the school starts their admissions process.

13. Boner

Boner I just blue myself
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Check the link in my signature; you'll find my application timetable from last cycle.

Apply as early as you can!