2008 cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sajjy

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i am planning to take DAT in January 2008 for the cycle of year 2008.
So, i will start applying from May of 2008 for the class of 2009.

Now DAT asks me name of 5 colleges where they will send the scores for free.
Should i give it my first 5 preferences even though the college will not have my application until May 2008??
Or should i just leave that section as blank?

Members don't see this ad.

I would not report any scores to any schools unless you are 110% sure that you will ace the exam. You can always report later or retake the exam....just my opinion. ;)

Report the scores to the schools you want to apply to, regardless of how you think you'll do.

If you don't do as well as you hoped and the school has your score, so what? They won't look at it unless they have your application. And if you retake the exam, they look at your last score anyway.

Not sending out the scores only mean that you'll spend much more money in the application process.

Members don't see this ad :)
Since you are taking the test a couple of months before you apply, I would wait until after you receive your scores to decide where to mail them off to. You can also change which schools to mail them to the day of your exam.

I think it's great you are taking your DAT so early though! That is really helpful!

i am planning to take DAT in January 2008 for the cycle of year 2008.
So, i will start applying from May of 2008 for the class of 2009.

Now DAT asks me name of 5 colleges where they will send the scores for free.
Should i give it my first 5 preferences even though the college will not have my application until May 2008??
Or should i just leave that section as blank?

Most schools will not hold on to your scores even if you send them the scores only 5 months before the admission cycle begins for you. There's a small chance they will though, so you can send your 5 scores out now. You get them for free anyway. Just make sure you call the schools come May to check if you need to resend them.