-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2008 (Fall 2009) SUNY Buffalo Interview/Acceptance Thread
Started by apteryx
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I've lurked here for awhile now and finally decided to join.
I was wait listed before the interview.The waiting is killing me.
I declined Buffalo cuz it is extremely cold. I need to go a place where i can show off my abs all year round lol. Dont lose hope.🙂
I declined Buffalo cuz it is extremely cold. I need to go a place where i can show off my abs all year round lol. Dont lose hope.🙂
sweet 🙂 that's one more spot for us waitlisters
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
To be honest I don't really get their way of thinking nor do I understand their process, much as I try to. To top it all off, they're not very helpful in demistifying how it all works.
I was talking to UB's Biology department (in the same building as them) because I also applied to their masters program. The graduate director asked me when I would hear back from pharmacy school. I told them their interview/wait list procedures (from what I was able to get from them) and he laughed at me. So we're not alone in being confused on their admissions process.

I just want to know when they will interview the people who were wait liste before the interview
I called UB last week and this woman told me that no one has declined an acceptance so far, which is bull because I know about 3 ppl who have declined. Why can't they just let us know what's going on?
Don't mind me 'cause I'm just bitter that I'm on their wailist and I really want to go to UB, even though I was accepted to three schools already.
Sigh...
Don't mind me 'cause I'm just bitter that I'm on their wailist and I really want to go to UB, even though I was accepted to three schools already.
Sigh...
good evening.
Last edited:
Hey.. congrats on getting accepted aleem. I'm also Canadian. I'm on the waitlist for Buffalo... for now atleast.
hey don't lose hope it's all good in the hood baby. where from canada are you from? i'm in niagara falls, ont.
lol I'll answer for him.
yes he was, he was in my group!
thanks alena - and HI! hope you're not being as tortured as I can imagine don't lose any hope. we'll be study buddies next sem just you watch 😀
I declined Buffalo cuz it is extremely cold. I need to go a place where i can show off my abs all year round lol. Dont lose hope.🙂
wow. if this was serious, then - WOW.
Hello,
I am not familiar with Buffalo housing. Are there any furnished apartments or co-ops within walking distance to the pharmacy school. I am also looking for a pharmacy student housemate to study with!
Also does the school have an indoor or outdoor track for students to use?
I am not familiar with Buffalo housing. Are there any furnished apartments or co-ops within walking distance to the pharmacy school. I am also looking for a pharmacy student housemate to study with!
Also does the school have an indoor or outdoor track for students to use?
the on campus apartments are fully furnished but at this point it might be difficult to get one. They did the preliminary selection process back in February. There are other fully furnished off campus apartments such as the Villas or Sweethome, and those both have bus systems that run around every 15 mins to/from campus.
http://www.ub-housing.buffalo.edu/
http://www.livingoffcampus.buffalo.edu/
http://www.universityvillageatsweethome.com
http://www.villasatchestnutridge.com
Also, there is both an indoor track (although it's 6 laps to a mile, not really a track more of an indoor loop) and an outdoor track to use.
http://www.ub-housing.buffalo.edu/
http://www.livingoffcampus.buffalo.edu/
http://www.universityvillageatsweethome.com
http://www.villasatchestnutridge.com
Also, there is both an indoor track (although it's 6 laps to a mile, not really a track more of an indoor loop) and an outdoor track to use.
hey taylor what's up.
i remember during the interviews you were into rec/sports so i was hoping you could answer my question!
i was wondering - for the weightroom/exercise room, i read somewhere on the rec site that it's free from undergrads; but then i read that there are certain times we're 'allowed' to go like, 8-10, and then 11-1 or something like that.
are we going to be restricted to those times to go 'for free' and then have to pay for a 'regular membership' after that? i emailed rec but didn't receive a decent or informed reply.
thanks =)
i remember during the interviews you were into rec/sports so i was hoping you could answer my question!
i was wondering - for the weightroom/exercise room, i read somewhere on the rec site that it's free from undergrads; but then i read that there are certain times we're 'allowed' to go like, 8-10, and then 11-1 or something like that.
are we going to be restricted to those times to go 'for free' and then have to pay for a 'regular membership' after that? i emailed rec but didn't receive a decent or informed reply.
thanks =)
Hello,
I am not familiar with Buffalo housing. Are there any furnished apartments or co-ops within walking distance to the pharmacy school. I am also looking for a pharmacy student housemate to study with!
Also does the school have an indoor or outdoor track for students to use?
You might also wanna post on the facebook page, other class of 2013 students are looking for roommates
hey taylor what's up.
i remember during the interviews you were into rec/sports so i was hoping you could answer my question!
i was wondering - for the weightroom/exercise room, i read somewhere on the rec site that it's free from undergrads; but then i read that there are certain times we're 'allowed' to go like, 8-10, and then 11-1 or something like that.
it's free for all UB students, no restrictions (besides when it's closed).
http://www.ubathletics.buffalo.edu/recreation/hours/index.shtml
those are the times you can you the facilities, hope this helps!
I'll be driving my car from CA to Buffalo. Should I buy snow tires for Buffalo? Or are all-weather tires enough? I heard that people switch regular tires and snow tires depending on the season and that seems like a hassle.
I'll be driving my car from CA to Buffalo. Should I buy snow tires for Buffalo? Or are all-weather tires enough? I heard that people switch regular tires and snow tires depending on the season and that seems like a hassle.
I've always been fine with all weather tires. it's more about driving smart in the snow, not so much the type of tires you have.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hey guys! i just sent in my deposit for Creekside housing...anyone living in that area?
yep! i just mailed my deposit on friday.
hey all...congrats on gettin into UB! I wanted to let you guys know that im renting out my condo if anybody still doesnt have a place to stay..its in a perfect location only 5 min from school and in a quiet development so you could study at anytime of the day/night. Here is the posting for those of you interested:
2 bedroom 2 bathroom 2nd floor (top floor) fully furnished 1200 sq ft apartment for rent. New kitchen/appliances, hardwood floors in the dining/living rooms and hallway, new bathrooms. High rise ceilings (up to ~14 ft) in the living room and dining room areas. Includes a patio balcony. Swimming pool in the complex. Off street parking. Storage room and washer/dryer in the basement. Wegmans/Buffalo Athletic Club/Boulevard Mall are all walking distance away. Rent is $1150 which includes water, trash and the condo association fees. If interested call Tony at 716-433-6698 or 716-713-9543. If you want to see more pictures, you can email me at [email protected]
The address is 61 Henel Av. Apt 6 Amherst 14226
2 bedroom 2 bathroom 2nd floor (top floor) fully furnished 1200 sq ft apartment for rent. New kitchen/appliances, hardwood floors in the dining/living rooms and hallway, new bathrooms. High rise ceilings (up to ~14 ft) in the living room and dining room areas. Includes a patio balcony. Swimming pool in the complex. Off street parking. Storage room and washer/dryer in the basement. Wegmans/Buffalo Athletic Club/Boulevard Mall are all walking distance away. Rent is $1150 which includes water, trash and the condo association fees. If interested call Tony at 716-433-6698 or 716-713-9543. If you want to see more pictures, you can email me at [email protected]
The address is 61 Henel Av. Apt 6 Amherst 14226
Attachments
Hey guys, I was wondering what is the tuition like in buffalo. pm me if you like. Thanks.
For fall of 2008 here was the breakdown:
Undergrad tuition (including P1 year):
Resident: $3,142
Non-resident: $6,272
Graduate tuition (P2-P4):
Resident: $7,570
Non-resident: $12,570
Obviously this is subject to change but that should give you an idea
to all current students,
Is there any specific software that is required for particular classes in pharmacy school? I'm asking because I'm deciding between a macbook or a pc and want to know what operating systems the required software runs on. I know I can use bootcamp/parallels with the macbook but If all the software will run only on windows then I think I'll just go with a pc.
Is there any specific software that is required for particular classes in pharmacy school? I'm asking because I'm deciding between a macbook or a pc and want to know what operating systems the required software runs on. I know I can use bootcamp/parallels with the macbook but If all the software will run only on windows then I think I'll just go with a pc.
ALENA! HI! how are you? Any news yet? Hope all is well and your summer is going great!
Anyone else hear from UB yet?
p.s. WHY IS THIS THREAD NOT LIVELY haha
Anyone else hear from UB yet?
p.s. WHY IS THIS THREAD NOT LIVELY haha
Similar threads
- Replies
- 4
- Views
- 2K
The waiting is killing me.