2008 (Fall 2009) SUNY Buffalo Interview/Acceptance Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
let me know when you hear something..
i'm so anxious...i should be studying for my pharmacology exam right now lol
Def, we should hear something by Friday. Just keep checkin the email. Haha I know what you mean when you say you're anxious, its the same feeling as when I was waiting for the PCATs to come in. I told myself if I get in, I'm buyin some nice kicks with the money I earned in textbooks.

Members don't see this ad.

I had my interview on the 27th and received an email this morning confirming my acceptance! Anyone else hear from UB this morning? :)

I had my interview on the 27th and received an email this morning confirming my acceptance! Anyone else hear from UB this morning? :)

congrats!
I haven't heard yet...anyone know if they send out all acceptances at once after an interview???

Members don't see this ad :)
congrats!
I haven't heard yet...anyone know if they send out all acceptances at once after an interview???

No, I think it is spaced out over a day or two or maybe even three, depending on how many people were interviewed and maybe how busy the adcom is with other stuff during that week. I also don't know that they send out all acceptances or all waitlist/denials at once, I think it may be mixed up however they look at the candidates.

I would be very very surprised if you hadn't heard back by Wednesday afternoon, but most likely if you didn't hear today, you should hear back tomorrow.

hey congrats and welcome to UB! See you in the fall! I'll probably get to be one of your TAs either for lab or some other class

Also, not sure about the emails. My guess is that it is spaced out, you should hear back by the end of the week.

p.s so happy pharmacology is over. it was a lot easier than i expected.

Wow I would be estatic! Good stuff man. What group were you in Friday?

A couple things to consider guys,

Tuition may go up, it may go up in between semesters like this past year. We saw a tuition hike 1500 dollars between fall and spring semester in this school year. Plan accordingly, this was not a school decision, but a decision handed down from NYS government. Largely due to the economy. Try not to fit under that cap. Also find a place you can live all year round. Chances are during the summer you will have an opportunity to do IPPE hours sometime during your cirriculum. You will want that opportunity. Trust me.

$100k sounds like a good number, although if you live thriftly, you can cut down on loans and pay less later. Trust me though, don't live too thriftly because school will wear you down. You need money to enjoy life as much as possible. Which brings up my next point, work at a pharmacy in any type of setting. Places in buffalo will gobble you up if you say you are accepted pharmacy student. Get experience, but don't go overboard. 15 hours maximum is probably a good starting point.

Most importantly, enjoy school, get to know people! Make friends, remember after you get in, its not a competition. Share ideas, help each other out.

Any questions shoot me a PM, i try to answer as quick as possible. I am a local guy so I know the area well. Good luck

GOT AN EMAIL THIS MORNING I'VE BEEN CHILLIN ALLLLLLLLLLLLL DAYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!

I was in group C on Friday the 27th, and toured around by brian? and taylor (ULTIMATE FRISBEEE DUDE haha). I was the brown guy. Our group activity was about someone who had HIV and was dating the pharmacist's cousin - we had an awesome skit LOL.

Anyone else hear back? See you guys in a few months! :cool:

I was in group C on Friday the 27th, and toured around by brian? and taylor (ULTIMATE FRISBEEE DUDE haha). I was the brown guy. Our group activity was about someone who had HIV and was dating the pharmacist's cousin - we had an awesome skit LOL.

Congratulations!!
I was in your group, girl with gray dress suit!! (we did have an awesome skit :) )
ahhh you must be so excited, I'm still anxiously waiting to hear anything!

Congrats man. I think you were the guy sitting next to me during the welcome presentation i dk? But anyway, Ill see you in the fall!

Congrsts to eveyone that got in!!! I hope you get an acceptance letter today alenadoma

Hey thanks, yeah I was very excited this morning to read the email. I was in group B on friday...tall, blonde hair..etc.
Haha yah I remember I was in the same group. I was the one with the brown suit, cracked jokes in our group skit. Haha, I'm so pumped for you good stuff man! I'm still waitin over here but I hope I get something back.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got in too! I interviewed on the 27th and was in group A.

Congrsts to eveyone that got in!!! I hope you get an acceptance letter today alenadoma

ah..thanks:rolleyes:
as the day goes on I am continuously losing hope. Oh this is so frustrating :(

I'm in the same boat as you alenadoma lol. Don't worry, they'll notify us, some people found out yesterday, some today, more tomorrow.

I'm in the same boat as you alenadoma lol. Don't worry, they'll notify us, some people found out yesterday, some today, more tomorrow.

when did they tell you you'd find out? they told us monday or tuesday..

That's what they said, but they also that they had a lot of people in the 27th group so it might take longer. When they said that, they meant everyone getting notified, not just a couple people.

OMG I got in too! I got the e-mail today ... whoa!!!!!!!!!! :banana:
My e-mail came in the junk mail BTW.

EDIT: arsenalfc11 and alenadoma, I'm pulling for both of you guys to get in (especially alenadoma since I know how much you want to get in) :)

Last edited:
Look on the bright side... you could have been notified of a rejection on Monday morning.

There is no set time limit for hearing back. Day to day admissions is in contact with people who have been accepted whom either accept or decline acceptances. Its a continuous work in progress.

EDIT: arsenalfc11 and alenadoma, I'm pulling for both of you guys to get in (especially alenadoma since I know how much you want to get in) :)

oh thank you, that's very sweet :) and congratulations on getting in!

Thanks bro, appreciate it. I'm gonna be optimistic no matter what, I hate waiting but it's part of the process. No matter what happens, I'd rather have alenadoma get in over me, she's got so much more experience and education than I do. I'm 19 and am still really young. I'm proud no matter what happens, I made it further than I thought I would.

I also had my interview on the 27th and I got my acceptance e-mail today as well! yes finally the waiting is over!:D:D
congrats to all you guys on your accomplishments as well!
This is so exciting! Are any of you who are planning to attend UB planing to get an apt off campus? I need to figure out all of that room and board stuff.

Hey Ttopping!
You were my tour guide on Friday! I was the brunette girl sitting with you guys at the end of the student social...Well I decided to join this website bc i got an acceptance this morning. woop woop. you need to tell me about housing and stuff in buffalo

Look on the bright side... you could have been notified of a rejection on Monday morning.

There is no set time limit for hearing back. Day to day admissions is in contact with people who have been accepted whom either accept or decline acceptances. Its a continuous work in progress.

Very true. Thanks for the encouragement :)

Thanks bro, appreciate it. I'm gonna be optimistic no matter what, I hate waiting but it's part of the process. No matter what happens, I'd rather have alenadoma get in over me, she's got so much more experience and education than I do. I'm 19 and am still really young. I'm proud no matter what happens, I made it further than I thought I would.

That's so nice of you to say! But I hope we both get in. Wow, 19 and already almost in pharmacy school, that's amazing. Congratulations on your accomplishments so far :)

I also had my interview on the 27th and I got my acceptance e-mail today as well! yes finally the waiting is over!:D:D
congrats to all you guys on your accomplishments as well!
This is so exciting! Are any of you who are planning to attend UB planing to get an apt off campus? I need to figure out all of that room and board stuff.

Congratulations on your acceptance and welcome to SDN :)

Thanks alenadoma! I hope you get an acceptance letter this week!
I'm in freaking shock im gunna have nightmares their gunna e-mail just kidding!
i have to get used to this sdn

Congrats for getting accepted to Buffalo! Will you be attending this school over your other acceptances?

Congratulations!!
I was in your group, girl with gray dress suit!! (we did have an awesome skit :) )
ahhh you must be so excited, I'm still anxiously waiting to hear anything!

OH HEY!! I thought your name was Ellen haha. Thanks yeah I am terribly excited and I really hope that you get in as well I'm hoping for you! Technically, they can let us know until August, right? Also, no news (for now) is good news because that means they're still reviewing apps!

Anyways, whatever happens, I hope that you become happy in September (hopefully with the rest of us at UB ;) )

ALSO HOCKEYPHM

I don't think I was sitting beside you, I was in the third row from the front on the right side on the end - I had a black pin-stripe suit and baby blue paisley tie. EITHER WAY - nice to meet you and I'll see you in Sept!

PS EVERYBODY ACCEPTED SHOULD JOIN THE FB GROUP "SUNY BUFFALO PHARMD CLASS OF 2013" we can exchange contact info and all that jazz - we'll become the sickest pharmacy class of life - of LIFE.

UB <3:)

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE ELSE WE'RE ALL HOPING AND ROOTING FOR YOU!!

OH HEY!! I thought your name was Ellen haha. Thanks yeah I am terribly excited and I really hope that you get in as well I'm hoping for you! Technically, they can let us know until August, right? Also, no news (for now) is good news because that means they're still reviewing apps!

Anyways, whatever happens, I hope that you become happy in September (hopefully with the rest of us at UB ;) )

ALSO HOCKEYPHM

I don't think I was sitting beside you, I was in the third row from the front on the right side on the end - I had a black pin-stripe suit and baby blue paisley tie. EITHER WAY - nice to meet you and I'll see you in Sept!

PS EVERYBODY ACCEPTED SHOULD JOIN THE FB GROUP "SUNY BUFFALO PHARMD CLASS OF 2013" we can exchange contact info and all that jazz - we'll become the sickest pharmacy class of life - of LIFE.

UB <3:)

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE ELSE WE'RE ALL HOPING AND ROOTING FOR YOU!!

haha my name is Ellen, it's Alena in Russian. Alenadoma means Ellen's home in Russian :)
Nice job on making the fb group, I am hoping I'll be able to join:xf:

And for tomorrow. Fingers crossed!

Last edited:
alena's home eh. hopefully your name will change to UB, Alenadoma lol.

I can't take credit for the fb group, someone else had made it - I just came across it today!

alena's home eh. hopefully your name will change to UB, Alenadoma lol.

I can't take credit for the fb group, someone else had made it - I just came across it today!

UB created the facebook group. I received my invitation after my acceptance. I'm happy you all got in. Alenadoma and Arsenalfc just hold on.

Oh and Arsenalfc, you better be praying for your Gunners to make the Champions league for next season.

Hey Ttopping!
You were my tour guide on Friday! I was the brunette girl sitting with you guys at the end of the student social...Well I decided to join this website bc i got an acceptance this morning. woop woop. you need to tell me about housing and stuff in buffalo

Hey! First off congrats on getting in! told you your major didn't matter, and it was definitely worth doing all those science prereqs haha. Secondly welcome to SDN, glad you decided to actually join the conversations instead of just reading =P.

As for housing I just came across a house recently but there are plenty of apartments off campus. Wide range of prices depending if you wanna go single or get some roommates. The house I got kinda fell into my lap so I didn't do much searching (and therefore don't know a whole lot about whats available) but a lot of my friends are finding places without a problem.

anyway congrats again, pm me if you need anything else or have any questions!

Was that the last round of interviews? =(
Yes but from my understanding, you can still get an interview if you're on the waitlist depending on how many people decline their acceptances/seats.

Yes but from my understanding, you can still get an interview if you're on the waitlist depending on how many people decline their acceptances/seats.

Yeah..that was the last "official" day for interviews. But don't worry!! What bluesickle said is correct.

I too am keeping my fingers crossed today:xf: Good luck to us Arsenal :)

If the past is any indication (and in this case it most likely is) here is what is going to happen from here on out:

There are accepted students that have either accepted their invites or whom have said "no thank you"

There are also a significant number of accepted students whom have accepted their invites but may not end up here because of other acceptances.

In the coming weeks the school will be contacting each accepted student individually to assess whether they truly intend to come to UB Pharmacy in the fall.

Hopefully these efforts will reveal some students whom do not intend to come here but have accepted their invites. That is how spots open up.

In the past many spots open up around May/June/July because people have heard from their other schools and have made decisions.

The waiting list is not ranked. At some point in the summertime the school contacts those who are on the waitlist but are not interviewed and invites them for a summer interview session.

It is at that point that the admissions committee assesses everyone on the wait list for the remaining spots. In years passed this interview session was in July.

Hey! First off congrats on getting in! told you your major didn't matter, and it was definitely worth doing all those science prereqs haha. Secondly welcome to SDN, glad you decided to actually join the conversations instead of just reading =P.

As for housing I just came across a house recently but there are plenty of apartments off campus. Wide range of prices depending if you wanna go single or get some roommates. The house I got kinda fell into my lap so I didn't do much searching (and therefore don't know a whole lot about whats available) but a lot of my friends are finding places without a problem.

anyway congrats again, pm me if you need anything else or have any questions!

Thanks! I am def going to look into the off campus housing, but I've been thinking about it and maybe for the first year I'll live on campus. I'll have to search more and weigh my options...

Yeah..that was the last "official" day for interviews. But don't worry!! What bluesickle said is correct.

There actually are interviews this friday but it's only 2 students. Those are the last official ones though

Thanks! I am def going to look into the off campus housing, but I've been thinking about it and maybe for the first year I'll live on campus. I'll have to search more and weigh my options...

Living on campus definitely has its perks. I live in the on campus apartments now in hadley village. One of the great things is that it is right across the street from the main 2 buildings where you have class. Living on campus is also easier if you do some late night studying so you can just walk back to your place. It's a little more expensive than off campus housing but for for the most part I found it's worth it.

Still nothing yet.. :shrug:
I don't know what to do.

In looking at the trend from the previous batch of interviewees, it looks like waitlistees are notified on the following Thursday (which would be tomorrow). I wonder if they'll pull names from this list before resorting to interviewing more students during the summer.

haha awesome.. because that's so gonna happen.. ( ' ')

ah, if anything I think they'll take people who have already been interviewed before me. ( . .)

There actually are interviews this friday but it's only 2 students. Those are the last official ones though

okay now my hope has been completely squashed. (_ _)

don't feel crushed. obviously it's tough not having an interview but it doesn't mean you don't have a chance. People drop out, don't accept, etc. bwsalvas was on the waitlist for a long time until they finally contacted him mid/late summer for an interview.

Not to give you false hope but I'm just saying there are things that can still happen.

don't feel crushed. obviously it's tough not having an interview but it doesn't mean you don't have a chance. People drop out, don't accept, etc. bwsalvas was on the waitlist for a long time until they finally contacted him mid/late summer for an interview.

Not to give you false hope but I'm just saying there are things that can still happen.
Yah I know what you mean Taylor. Haven't not received anything by now I figure that I've been waitlisted. I'm goin to def hope that they contact me later. Hopefully they can call/email the people that aren't going to their school that were accepted so the list can open up. Thanks bro.

Yah I know what you mean Taylor. Haven't not received anything by now I figure that I've been waitlisted. I'm goin to def hope that they contact me later. Hopefully they can call/email the people that aren't going to their school that were accepted so the list can open up. Thanks bro.

I called today. They said that a lot of people haven't been contacted yet because the interviewers haven't given their decisions yet. I was told that this was the biggest group yet to interview and it's taking a bit longer than expected.
So..I'm not losing all hope yet...but I kind of feel like it's going to be a waitlist. I just hope it's not a rejection :confused:

I called today. They said that a lot of people haven't been contacted yet because the interviewers haven't given their decisions yet. I was told that this was the biggest group yet to interview and it's taking a bit longer than expected.
So..I'm not losing all hope yet...but I kind of feel like it's going to be a waitlist. I just hope it's not a rejection :confused:
Oh, that's good then! It was a large group so I don't doubt people haven't given their decisions yet. Plus, they're probably contacting all the people accepted soon to see if they're attending, and since there's only 2 more interviewees left they're probably organizing everyone. That's good news, glad you called. Heads up from here, cheers to you and me :thumbup:

Arsenal -- who were your interviewers last week?