2008 NYUCD interview feeback

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Smooth Operater

don't bug "operatEr"!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Since many of people here are going to interview at NYU, I thought that it will be a good idea to create a thread where people can share this yr's experience.

Items that you may mention may be: impression of NYU, interview questions asked, and hotel stayed etc..Let's keep this thread alive to help each other out. Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

I'll start with a little info - they mentioned in our interview last year that NYU is specifically looking for students who have an interest in teaching or in public health. Apparently it's becoming difficult to recruit dental educators and she mentioned that several of us were in that interview room because we have TA experience or expressed an interest in teaching in some capacity in our personal statement (I did both). So keep that in mind if it's something you're interested in pursuing and be sure to mention it in your interview.

Do you think if you mention teaching and public health in your personal statement, it would be noticed by NYU?

Ok, nevermind, I was blind and didn't see that you had mentioned it was noticed in the personal statement...nevermind...

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you think if you mention teaching and public health in your personal statement, it would be noticed by NYU?

Ok, nevermind, I was blind and didn't see that you had mentioned it was noticed in the personal statement...nevermind...

Don't mention it in your personal statement unless it's something you truly believe in. You'll look like a thundering jackass at your interview if you stated it, but don't have the volunteer hours logged in with the references to back it up.

bump it for those who had their interview this cycle...:)

There are only two people who went to interview this year and put their feedback in the interview section of SDN. So, let's keep this thread live.