**2008 OMFS Match Results**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Sorry, but that's one the g@yest thing I;ve heard so far. Someone told me the residents were expected to buy the attendings coffee during morning rounds. :scared:
The interns do traditionally get the attendings coffee etc. during breakfast after rounds. We don't have to pay for it (they do) so I guess it's part courtesy, part them reminding us who's boss. Gay? What can I say. We're in the gay capital of the world:smuggrin:

Members don't see this ad.

Sorry, but that's one the g@yest thing I;ve heard so far. Someone told me the residents were expected to buy the attendings coffee during morning rounds. :scared:

There's definitely a clear hierarchy at HGH. Once at grand rounds, one of my classmates got in the food line ahead of one of the chiefs. Three days later his parents came and cleaned out his room at housing, and we haven't seen or heard from him since.

Anyone know where the famous "get out of my chair" guy matched?

Members don't see this ad :)
This is my first post. When I saw comments on HGH I just had to post my favorite interview event. It is when the director told everyone that he was going to accept two girls this year to replace the ones that are leaving, and if they wanted in to "let him know". So much for equal opportunity!?! I hope the got what they were looking at, I mean for.

This is my first post. When I saw comments on HGH I just had to post my favorite interview event. It is when the director told everyone that he was going to accept two girls this year to replace the ones that are leaving, and if they wanted in to "let him know". So much for equal opportunity!?! I hope the got what they were looking at, I mean for.

I just looked at the pictures of the new residents. One's a UOP alum and the other is from UConn. If you count Bryce as a woman, then yes, Highland got two to replace Dr. Liao and Farnad.

I just looked at the pictures of the new residents. One's a UOP alum and the other is from UConn. If you count Bryce as a woman, then yes, Highland got two to replace Dr. Liao and Farnad.

I am in touch with my femine side.

Well Bryce, if they start making you wear the extra small scrubs and randomly start dropping things in front of you to pick them up, I'd start to worry.

Oh yea, Congrats on the match!

Name: J Bloom
Specialty/Where: OMFS 6-year/St. John Health Systems Warren, MI
Dental School Attended: USC
Year Earned DMD/DDS: 2008
Match/Non-Match: Match
Externship(s)/where: USC

Deeeeeeetrooooooit Baaasketbaaaaaaaal

Specialty/Where: OMFS-4yr UT Knoxville
Dental School Attended: IU
NBDE Part I/II scores: 94/?
Class Ranking: 4/100
Externship(s)/where: UNC (2 wks) Minnesota (2 wks) Knoxville (2 wks)
Research: Overrated
Extracurriculars: Gross Anatomy TA 2 yrs, Lots of scholarships, academic awards etc. This section is pretty overrated as well IMO.
Applied/interviews granted/interviews attended/programs ranked/:14/12/8/8

BEST SCREEN NAME EVER!!

This is just as good as the one that was made a while ago, "Ludwigs Vagina":laugh:

On another unrelated note. Can those of you who matched please visit OMFSource.com and share where you matched at? This would help this site become a better resource for those of us interested in the future. Congratulations everyone.:hardy::banana:

The famous "get out of my chair guy"?
That's got to be the guy from UOP. He's the one that just bumps into people without saying excuse me.

The famous "get out of my chair guy"?
That's got to be the guy from UOP. He's the one that just bumps into people without saying excuse me.

Are you talking about the "little" probelm over chairs at the Lousiville interview?:laugh:

Name: Tom
Specialty/Where: OMFS 4yr/5yr MD/University of Illinois at Chicago
Dental School Attended: Marquette
NBDE Part I/II scores: 91/90
Class Ranking: 5/80
Externship(s)/where: Minnesota, MCW, Gundersen
Research: some, presented in San Diego, several poster comp's
Extracurriculars: nothing special
Applied/interviews granted/interviews attended/programs ranked/:14/10/9/8

Hey J-Dog from UCLA -- PM me I am curious where you are going.

Anybody matched to USC??