1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

2009 ADA test

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by predental012, Jul 25, 2011.

1. predental012

My DAT is in only a few days and this is what I scored on the 2009 ADA test:

BIO 22
    GC 21
    OC 17
    PA 25
    RC 19
    QR 16
    TS 19
    AA 19

I made a bunch of dumb mistakes in the ochem section this time, and ran out of time for QR. I'm really worried. Can my score go up in just a couple of days? I'm going to do Top Score. Should I reschedule? I don't have a great GPA so I need to do really well. I want to take it as scheduled because I've been studying 2 months, but then again there's always more I can do. How do these sections compare to the real one?

I also took ADA 2007 and got this:

BIO 21
    GC 19
    OC 28
    PA 22
    RC 18
    QR 16
    TS 22
    AA 20.4

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. LetsGo2DSchool

Removed 2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    You're fine if what you said is true...

You said you made dumb mistakes in OC which means your OC would've been higher if not making silly errors.

You said you ran out of time in QR which means your QR would've been higher if you paced your yourself better.

Everything looks good then.

4. FROGGBUSTER

2+ Year Member

ADA 2009 is supposed to be very representative, so if you're not satisfied with those scores you should reschedule.

5. wired202808

wired202808 Membership Revoked
    Removed 5+ Year Member

2009 is a better representation. so heres the good and bad news you will probably do very well in bio and gen chem, obv u destroyed PAT. I wouldnt worry about QR because the real QR is easier (by about 1 or 2 points) you did OK on RC, I hope the real RC is easier, I didnt do well on this one either meanwhile I usually get 21+ on CDR. I would say right now you need to brush up on orgo, you're either making VERY silly mistakes or missing very basic concepts.

I would spend time making sure you know where you're weak and how to fix it your OC problems besides that you seem ready to go!

6. predental012

Thanks guys, I still haven't memorized the roadmaps from Destroyer so that's what I'm working on