2009 application analysis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Concepcion10

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I submitted all my stuff in June and the first week in July. I am officially complete at 4/9 schools. Do you think when we (those who submit early) will have the committee look at our applications and decide right then if we will get interviews? Or will they wait for more to come in and compare against? If they school reviews our application quick like Midwestern and they don't invite us for interviews, will they go back and re-review or wait for all other stragglers to come in? Basically is it interview or no interview for those who submit early in the game?

Members don't see this ad.

That is the benefit of applying early. You get reviewed more often during the application cycle. If you apply early, you may not get pre-December interview but the school may invite you in the Spring.

Then again there are schools like Indiana, who reject you straight up if you do not fulfill their criteria no matter when during the application cycle.

That is the benefit of applying early. You get reviewed more often during the application cycle. If you apply early, you may not get pre-December interview but the school may invite you in the Spring.
Then again there are schools like Indiana, who reject you straight up if you do not fulfill their criteria no matter when during the application cycle.

this also allows you to improve your credentials over that period