2009 DAT scores..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Prima Donna

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

My exam is in 5 days and I decided to take the 2009 exam a little earlier since people say it is the best predictor of score (if any at all), and I can improve on any areas of weakness.

My scores were:

Bio 21
Chem 20
Ochem 19
PAT 22
RC 18
QR 17

TS 20

Made a few dumb mistakes but overall, not bad. I know people say that if you're scoring over 19 on sciences (or something like that) then you are on the right track. However, I wanted to see if anyone could tell me how the RC of the 2009 test compared to the real thing ? I use the highlighter when I do practice tests so I think that is part of the reason I didn't perform as well as I would have liked.

Also, is it worth it for me to go over the math questions I got wrong on this test or just review more current math questions from bootcamp/destroyer etc.

Thanks for any input.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys,

My exam is in 5 days and I decided to take the 2009 exam a little earlier since people say it is the best predictor of score (if any at all), and I can improve on any areas of weakness.

My scores were:

Bio 21
Chem 20
Ochem 19
PAT 22
RC 18
QR 17

TS 20

Made a few dumb mistakes but overall, not bad. I know people say that if you're scoring over 19 on sciences (or something like that) then you are on the right track. However, I wanted to see if anyone could tell me how the RC of the 2009 test compared to the real thing ? I use the highlighter when I do practice tests so I think that is part of the reason I didn't perform as well as I would have liked.

Also, is it worth it for me to go over the math questions I got wrong on this test or just review more current math questions from bootcamp/destroyer etc.

Thanks for any input.
Very nice, I would focus on your areas of weakness in the QR section, make sure to to the QC problems we posted on SDN..When going through the Math Destroyer only focus on problems you struggle with, you don't need to do the whole book if you don't have time left..

Great job..

Nancy

Reactions: 1 user
I would go over the questions you got wrong, it shouldn't take long and more practice never hurts. While I never took the 2009 test, the general consensus I've heard over the years is that it's somewhat easier than the current DAT. Based on these results I'd focus hard on RC, QR, and Ochem over the next few days.

Somewhat related-the 2009 Test seems to have some answer key mistakes (from the PDF I am using). Any idea where to find the full correct answers?

Thank You!

Members don't see this ad :)
Very nice, I would focus on your areas of weakness in the QR section, make sure to to the QC problems we posted on SDN..When going through the Math Destroyer only focus on problems you struggle with, you don't need to do the whole book if you don't have time left..

Great job..

Nancy

I would go over the questions you got wrong, it shouldn't take long and more practice never hurts. While I never took the 2009 test, the general consensus I've heard over the years is that it's somewhat easier than the current DAT. Based on these results I'd focus hard on RC, QR, and Ochem over the next few days.

Sounds good thank you.

Last edited:
Somewhat related-the 2009 Test seems to have some answer key mistakes (from the PDF I am using). Any idea where to find the full correct answers?

Thank You!

I used the answers at the end of the key. Then I googled 'errors in 2009 dat answers' or something like that. And then clicked on the sdn post that told me which answers we actually incorrect or correct.

Hey guys,

My scores were:

Bio 21
Chem 20
Ochem 19
PAT 22
RC 18
QR 17

TS 20

Thanks for any input.

Your scores look good. Definitely ready to take the DAT. Keep doing what you are doing