2009 Interview Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Amylacea

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Got the invite from Yale today!!!! Looks like they have six people at once, sounds like alot. Sweet releif.:)

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats! When did you submit your application?

i got an interview invite at St Joseph's (in Phoenix AZ) this morning. very stoked about that . . .

i also have verbal and email "promises" for interviews at a couple other places, but nothing on the calendar . . .

congrats on the yale interview. best of luck

Members don't see this ad :)
I got an invite from St.Luke's-Roosevelt Htal (NYC)!!!

Sigh.... still waiting for my first official interview invitation. I have had a verbal offer form the PD at Ball Memorial in Muncie, IN (I'm doing a rotation there this month).

Last edited:
any body get an email from duke?

any body get an email from duke?

is that the "Your application is being processed within our department and I will contact you as soon as a decision is made...." email?

If so, I got it. I was sure it was a rejection, so I guess that's ok.

yeah..same email. I guess they just downloaded all the applications today! my first email from eras so I was a little excited.

Yep... I got the same email. What a teaser! I thought it was going to be an interview invitation!

Got an invite from Stanford today, super excited about it!!!

For those of you who have gotten interview invites so far, is your application entirely complete? My school doesn't upload transcripts until mid-October, so maybe I shouldn't even be expecting invitations yet...

My transcript is up, and I think everything is complete. The only thing that is missing is my MSPE, which my school doesn't upload until late Oct.

Members don't see this ad :)
For those of you who have gotten interview invites so far, is your application entirely complete? My school doesn't upload transcripts until mid-October, so maybe I shouldn't even be expecting invitations yet...

Yep, application is complete

I have one invite so far. :) I am waiting for ecfmg to upload: 2 LORS, Transcript, MSPE (school sends that 11/1), step 2 (taken and on it's way).

I have one invite so far. :) I am waiting for ecfmg to upload: 2 LORS, Transcript, MSPE (school sends that 11/1), step 2 (taken and on it's way).

If I may ask, where is your invite from?
Thank you!

Sorry for my ignorance, but when you guys say Pitt, do you mean U. of Pittsburgh (PA) or Pitt County Memorial (NC) ?? :confused:
Thank you!

Just got my first official interview invite: Wash U!

Sorry for my ignorance, but when you guys say Pitt, do you mean U. of Pittsburgh (PA) or Pitt County Memorial (NC) ?? :confused:
Thank you!

Oh sorry, I didn't think about U of Pittsburgh when I posted before. I didn't apply there. :oops: Snow. Blah. :)

Pitt County Memorial, NC was the location I was posting about. :thumbup:

Just got an invite from UT-San Antonio (TX) !!!!!!

Well, in my boredom, I compiled a list of places that have started to offer interviews. If you want, when you get an offer, add it to the list. I'm most interested to see which programs are starting to offer, not so much when your date is. This way we can see who has offered without reading through all the posts. OK?

Pitt County Memorial NC
Stanford
St Lukes NYC
St Josephs AZ
Wash U
Yale
UT San Antonio

ditto. i scheduled mine for december 5. maybe i'll see you there?
Can you believe I was going to schedule it for the same day!!!!, but I believe they interview one candidate per day there, not sure, if not we might meet there!!

Mount Sinai School of Medicine.

UPenn, Emory, Mt Sinai, MGH, Case Western

This is an update of the list of hospitals that sent out invites already :thumbup:

Pitt County Memorial NC
Stanford
St Lukes NYC
St Josephs AZ
Wash U
Yale
UT San Antonio
Mount Sinai School of Medicine (NY)
MGH
UPenn
Emory
Case Western

UPenn, Emory, Mt Sinai, MGH, Case Western

You are definitely a strong candidate apparently, can you share with us your credentials (scores, publications, etc) so we can have an idea of what they are looking for?
Thank you!!!

you are definitely a strong candidate apparently, can you share with us your credentials (scores, publications, etc) so we can have an idea of what they are looking for?
Thank you!!!

pm

Last edited:
UT San Antonio.

Trying to schedule it, but couples matching makes it a tad bit more fluid. Hopefully she gets an interview too and we can all find an agreeable time.

I still have 1 LOR pending. Everything else except the Dean's letter is in.

UT San Antonio.

Trying to schedule it, but couples matching makes it a tad bit more fluid. Hopefully she gets an interview too and we can all find an agreeable time.

I still have 1 LOR pending. Everything else except the Dean's letter is in.

are you both couples matching path??? :eek: I wonder how that would work.

Do you guys know much about UT San Antonio?, there is nothing in Freida nor in their website, I wonder how can I obtain some info on the program, please shed some light.....:idea:

Wtf guys...check this out:

Thank you for your interest in our pathology program @ UMKC SOM.
We are in receipt of your application; however, we do not have you USMLE Step
2 scores. Please forward these to us asap; we close applications on
Halloween.

I'm not scheduled to take Step 2 until Nov! I haven't heard of any path program that requires Step 2. Anyone else have this problem??

Pitt County Memorial NC
Stanford
St Lukes NYC
St Josephs AZ
Wash U
Yale
UT San Antonio
Mount Sinai School of Medicine (NY)
MGH
UPenn
Emory
Case Western
Brown

Halloween.

I'm not scheduled to take Step 2 until Nov! I haven't heard of any path program that requires Step 2. Anyone else have this problem??

wow, that is kind of bizarre, from what i've been told. and they close applications before november? sounds weird. (btw - is that missouri-kansas . . . ?)

people - and PD's - i have spoken with say that having step 2 scores is relatively rare before december, and not essential to get an interview anyway - and they said this to me knowing i was an IMG.

vickypath - i can tell you one thing: San Antonio is an awesome city! one of my favs . . . in fact, the only city in the US that has 3 level one trauma centers. i was surprised to learn that fact.

wow, that is kind of bizarre, from what i've been told. and they close applications before november? sounds weird. (btw - is that missouri-kansas . . . ?)

people - and PD's - i have spoken with say that having step 2 scores is relatively rare before december, and not essential to get an interview anyway - and they said this to me knowing i was an IMG.

Yeah, it's Kansas City, Missouri... This seems highly abnormal to me from what I've heard/read. I just got an email back from the secretary stating, "Most of our applicants have already taken Step 3."

PD is out til Sept 30th as well, so no answers anytime soon.

Schenanigans anyone?

I was trying so hard for San Antonio but PD wants step3 cleared before an IMG even would apply to this program.:idea:
Those who have got IV from San Antonio, dose all of you have already taken step3?:confused:

I was trying so hard for San Antonio but PD wants step3 cleared before an IMG even would apply to this program.:idea:
Those who have got IV from San Antonio, dose all of you have already taken step3?:confused:

i haven't even taken step 2 and i got an interview; and i'm an IMG. thats why i call shenanigans on UMKC . . . but whatever, i guess they have all the right in the world to do things how they choose. but it is surprising

For those lucky guys who have got IV specailly from San Antonio, do you mind to share your credentials please.:cool:

So is it better to interview early, late, or between?

what it needs so many? tons of gunshots?

vickypath - i can tell you one thing: San Antonio is an awesome city! one of my favs . . . in fact, the only city in the US that has 3 level one trauma centers. i was surprised to learn that fact.

For those lucky guys who have got IV specailly from San Antonio, do you mind to share your credentials please.:cool:

March angle, my credentials are: Step 1 232 (94), Step 2 209(84), passed Step 3 too, I am an IMG, I have GC, have done almost 2 yrs of IM residency in the US.
Hope it helps and good luck!!!:thumbup:

Halloween.

Duke did this to me when I applied a few years ago...not sure if they've straightened up their act since then.

i haven't even taken step 2 and i got an interview; and i'm an IMG. thats why i call shenanigans on UMKC . . . but whatever, i guess they have all the right in the world to do things how they choose. but it is surprising

I guess this is one of the benefits of being a US Citizen IMG?

IMG on a tourist visa. Step 3 in November. Guess its a huge handicap. Henry Ford and SUNY Brooklyn.