2009 match - results

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kinjal350z

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i matched.... excited for thursday to find out where!

Members don't see this ad.

Kinjal, congrats, as I matched prelim and PM&R as well. Good luck getting your top choices!

Members don't see this ad :)
It was a great birthday present to match yesterday! :) Plan to keep the fun going with St. Patty's Day today. :luck: Good luck everyone. Very excited for Thursday. Cheers!

Kinjal, congrats, as I matched prelim and PM&R as well. Good luck getting your top choices!
I hope someone could answer this question and take the tension out of me and my wife. My wife has ranked both four year categorical and (prelim+advanced) positions. Her number one choice is a categorical program. She has received an email that said 'Congratulations! you have matched.' However, it doesn't say whether she matched into categorical program or a prelim+advanced program.

My question to you (SPortsMed09) is: how was your email message from NRMP? Did it specifically mention separately that you matched into a prelim+advanced position or just a generic message as above that my wife received. I really appreciate your response. Thank you........

-ML

I hope someone could answer this question and take the tension out of me and my wife. My wife has ranked both four year categorical and (prelim+advanced) positions. Her number one choice is a categorical program. She has received an email that said 'Congratulations! you have matched.' However, it doesn't say whether she matched into categorical program or a prelim+advanced program.

My question to you (SPortsMed09) is: how was your email message from NRMP? Did it specifically mention separately that you matched into a prelim+advanced position or just a generic message as above that my wife received. I really appreciate your response. Thank you........

-ML

She won't know until Thursday. All she knows is that she is completely matched, and is set for all four years of her residency.

CONGRATULATIONS EVERYONE! :thumbup:

I'm imagining that commercial where the lady is standing in front of the department store, her face pressed against the glass mumbling, "Open, open, open, open..." as everyone is anticipating thursday.

-ML

Just as Ludicolo said, she won't know until Thursday. For me, it just said "Congratulations, you have matched!". All that means is that I'm taken care of for the next 4 years. The only time it says anything else is if you have to scramble. I ranked only one categorical program, but I don't know if I'll be going there or if I will be doing prelim+advanced; odds are I'll be doing the latter.

Thank you both Ludicolo and SportsMed09.

-ML

Is it readily possible to try to match at a pg2 pm&r residency program that has the TY/prelim.? Or do you normally have to move after the prelim to the pg2 site?

Members don't see this ad :)
CONGRATULATIONS EVERYONE! :thumbup:

I'm imagining that commercial where the lady is standing in front of the department store, her face pressed against the glass mumbling, "Open, open, open, open..." as everyone is anticipating thursday.

that's the mervyn's commercial

:D Congrats to you all! I'll be watching more closely this year since my class is the next up...

Man, where did the time go? :scared:

:D Congrats to you all! I'll be watching more closely this year since my class is the next up...

Man, where did the time go? :scared:

Enjoy your last year! Between doing PM&R electives and finishing any requirements your school has for you, you will still have plenty of time to kick back and savor the free time you have after working hard throughout your career.

Matched at UT-SW in Dallas (University of Texas - Southwestern)

Sinai Hospital of Baltimore-University of Maryland!!! :)
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation 2010

matched top choice to temple! (i'm one of taus classmates!) SO excited! hope others are happy with their results, and congrats too all!

What a great birthday week! Matched with Top Choice - RIC categorical. Chicago, here I come! :):love:

Congrats to all of you and welcome to the field of PM&R!

And to evajaclynn welcome to the RIC family. pm me if u need any advice re: housing, etc.

Also remember to share your interview experiences so future applicants can benefit from your experience!

Matched at LSU, my #1 choice!

Congrats to everyone!

Matched Johns Hopkins! My very top choice. I can already taste the soft shell crab. Baltimore won't know what hit em when this country bumpkin lands on the scene

Yay -- I also matched at UW! Amazing!!! Congratulations everybody!!!!

Congrats to everyone who matched and welcome to the PM&R Community:)

I am so happy! Matched at my #1- UW Categorical!

Last edited:
RIC.

hells yeah.

Matched at Temple. If you are going to Temple send me a PM. I'm trying to make a contact list! Congrats to all!

PtownPMR,
Just ask your residency coordinator for the emails of your new fellow residents. I got my list of emails a couple years ago when the coordinator sent an email to all of us...so of course their email address were listed in the email.

Yes...that does seem like the easier way to go! thanks.

Congrats to all. I look forward to meeting the Philly residents at the intercity EMG course and the rest at national conferences. Welcome to the family!