2009 practice ADA questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gamecock1992

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm confused about the last two questions on the organic section of the practice ADA test. It won't let me go back to the question so I can't post the problem but the questions are. Which set of starting materials is suited best for the multistep synthesis of the antispasmodic spasmolytol? and another was, Which IUPAC rule for naming of compounds with a neutral skeletal atom that has a nonstandard bonding number is consistent with the pattern in the given examples. can anybody explain either of these who has a home copy of the test or remembers the question? I put for the first one the answer that had two bromines already attached to a benzene, and then add an expoxide and something else. The last question I put that the n standed for how many structures were bonded to the skeletal structure. I know this is vague but any help would be appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Hah same questions for me as well. It's funny how they threw those random ones on at the end just to screw with you. I think I got the last one correct, but I probably didn't actually understand it.

I would take your picture and specific questions down because you are not allowed to talk about the specifics here. Unfortunate truth.

Members don't see this ad :)