2010-2011 Morehouse Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Submitted secondary: 10/7
Complete email: 10/11
Interview Invite: 10/15 :soexcited:

SO HAPPY!!! Good luck to everyone :luck:

Anyone else interviewing on Dec. 3rd? I don't want to walk around alone all day haha

What kind of stats did you have to get an interview that fast?

Good luck

Members don't see this ad.

My interview is Nov. 19th. Any advice for me? It would be greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey for anyone that has interviewed or been invited, did you get the invite after your picture was sent? I just sent my picture Monday but I had a complete email about 2 weeks ago....:shrug:

Wow this thread is really quiet. Well I've been complete since about September and have not heard anything yet :-( I've only got one other interview so I'm a bit sad!

Has anyone been accepted yet? or has anyone called admissions and asked when we will be hearing back? I interviewed October 25th and have another interview scheduled in two weeks but I will cancel it if I get the Morehouse acceptance soon!

i've been complete since the end of september...Im wondering if I should be worried?? Has any one heard back that applied in Sept?

Sorry for the delay in replying. My stats are 25 MCAT, 3.8 science gpa, post-bac, and a significant history of overcoming medical adversity as a minority. I am from Atlanta and want to stay here to help the poor for the next 10 to 15 years at least. Hope this helps and stay positive no matter what!

If you don't mind sharing, what are your stats and when were you complete?

Sorry for the delay in replying. My stats are 25 MCAT, 3.8 science gpa, post-bac, and a significant history of overcoming medical adversity as a minority. I am from Atlanta and want to stay here to help the poor for the next 10 to 15 years at least. Hope this helps and stay positive no matter what!

I interviewed at Morehouse on 9/24. There were 2 open file one-on-one interviews. The faculty, staff, students, and basically everyone associated with the school were so helpful and nice. :)

Hi Klassik. Any news on acceptance yet? My interview is this Friday and would like to hear some good news as motivation. Thanks.

Hi Klassik. Any news on acceptance yet? My interview is this Friday and would like to hear some good news as motivation. Thanks.

I haven't heard anything yet. I expect to get a decision around Thanksgiving or the first week of December. This waiting is driving me crazy!!! Good luck on your interview on Friday!! Let me know if you have any questions about the interview day!!

Yes - who interviewed you? Did you bring any autobiographical summaries of yourself to hand to your interviewers? How did you present yourself?
You have been waiting now for almost 2 months to hear back from them. Have you sent follow up letters to express your continued interest/commitment to Morehouse? This wait has got to be killing you. My advice is to just work and do what you love in the meantime. I spend my days reading science books and working at United Healthcare to support myself.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes - who interviewed you? Did you bring any autobiographical summaries of yourself to hand to your interviewers? How did you present yourself?
You have been waiting now for almost 2 months to hear back from them. Have you sent follow up letters to express your continued interest/commitment to Morehouse? This wait has got to be killing you. My advice is to just work and do what you love in the meantime. I spend my days reading science books and working at United Healthcare to support myself.

I interviewed with a surgeon and a neurologist. I didn't bring any summaries because between my AMCAS, personal statement, and secondary application, they probably know more about me than most people. I felt that, for me, also bringing an autobiographical summary would be overkill. I presented myself like the well informed, focused, eager, and determined reapplicant that I truly am. I haven't sent any followup letters yet. I figured I would send those if I get waitlisted; however, I did send my interviewers thank you notes a few weeks ago telling them how much I enjoyed the experience and truly loved Morehouse. Hopefully, the thank you notes expressed to my interviewers my continued desire and interest in the school. While I am waiting for a decision, school, other interviews, and having random fun weekends in Atlanta have been perfect and much needed distractions. I hope this message answered all of your questions. Let me know if you would like to know anything else!!!

Hey guys. Has anyone found success with follow up letters? And also, would a follow up e-mail be OK or would that look bad? Thanks!

can some that interviewed please describe their day. mine is on fri and id like to know what ill be doing from 10-5

I interviewed the first week of October and they told us that they would mail the decisions out the Fri. before Thanksgiving. I won't be home till after Thanksgiving since I'm out of state for two other interviews this week. I wouldn't take everyone's word that the interviews are laid back and everyone is nice.My interview group had some issues with the interviewers including myself. I had a female OB/GYN interview me and call me unprofessional because I wasn't wearing my suit jacket (thank God it was my first interview). She grilled me about my grades, and MCAT and continue to berate me and say I looked unprofessional although I had everything on except my jacket! She also made me list 5 strengths (she was counting out loud as I gave each one) and (wait for it) 5 WEAKNESSES! It was incredibly difficult to come up with that many weaknesses but after 20 mins of silence I came out with 5, since she refused to move on. I found it ironic that she called me unprofessional but was 17 mins late to my interview..smh. One of the other interviewers was grilled by a physician about the Bill of Rights (interviewee had a JD) and health care policies. Most of you I'm sure won't get these people but if you learned anything make sure you don't take off your jacket after sweating in the heat of what is Atlanta in October! Oh and know your application like the back of your hand. All in all, goodluck you guys, it's a pretty decent school but after my 7th interview I've realized there are tons of other schools with as much diversity and better people/curriculum/resources, but at the same time MSM is definitely doing big things in ATL and it's easy to see why the students love it! Feel free to PM me any questions. :thumbup:

What kind of stats did you have to get an interview that fast?

Good luck

Yeah I'm never sure what exactly determines how fast you get an interview invite. Stats? Timing? How busy the admissions of the school? An all round kick-ass app?

Anyone else interviewing on Dec. 3rd? I don't want to walk around alone all day haha

Gryhu are you an IS or an OOS?

Wonder if the class is full or those of us waiting will get interview invites after break...? Well, Happy Thanksgiving!:luck::xf:

I interviewed the first week of October and they told us that they would mail the decisions out the Fri. before Thanksgiving. I won't be home till after Thanksgiving since I'm out of state for two other interviews this week. I wouldn't take everyone's word that the interviews are laid back and everyone is nice.My interview group had some issues with the interviewers including myself. I had a female OB/GYN interview me and call me unprofessional because I wasn't wearing my suit jacket (thank God it was my first interview). She grilled me about my grades, and MCAT and continue to berate me and say I looked unprofessional although I had everything on except my jacket! She also made me list 5 strengths (she was counting out loud as I gave each one) and (wait for it) 5 WEAKNESSES! It was incredibly difficult to come up with that many weaknesses but after 20 mins of silence I came out with 5, since she refused to move on. I found it ironic that she called me unprofessional but was 17 mins late to my interview..smh. One of the other interviewers was grilled by a physician about the Bill of Rights (interviewee had a JD) and health care policies. Most of you I'm sure won't get these people but if you learned anything make sure you don't take off your jacket after sweating in the heat of what is Atlanta in October! Oh and know your application like the back of your hand. All in all, goodluck you guys, it's a pretty decent school but after my 7th interview I've realized there are tons of other schools with as much diversity and better people/curriculum/resources, but at the same time MSM is definitely doing big things in ATL and it's easy to see why the students love it! Feel free to PM me any questions. :thumbup:

Hello AmNigerianDr I was wondering if you sent a LOI letter of intent or interest to Morehouse after you application was complete? If so what was the time span of sending it and If I sent mine at the end of October I was wondering if it is too late now to send one?

FYI I called admissions today and they said that they had not sent out acceptance letters yet (for people who were expecting letters last week)...I interviewed 10/29

FYI I called admissions today and they said that they had not sent out acceptance letters yet (for people who were expecting letters last week)...I interviewed 10/29

I called and they told me the same thing. I'm glad I can now stop checking the mail every 5 minutes like a crazy person now!!:):) I am so ready to know my status!! I pray that it is the ACCEPTANCE that I have dreamed about!!

That being said, it looks like they may follow last year's timeline which by my estimates mean that letters we should get letters on Thursday maybe :xf: I've waited since Oct 1 so 3 more days shouldn't be too painful :laugh:

I'm interviewing on Dec 3rd also!

Flying into Atlanta tomorrow and then I have my interview in the AM. Kinda nervous since its my first interview but relaxed at the same time from what I've read about the school.

For everyone waiting to hear back, good luck :)

can some that interviewed please describe their day. mine is on fri and id like to know what ill be doing from 10-5

The first thing we did was sit in an actual Biochemistry lecture for about 10 mins. After everyone arrived, they took us to a conference room where everyone waited to be called in for the first interview. After the interview, there was a lunch and powerpoint info session about Morehouse. After lunch, we met a few students, asked them questions and went on a campus tour with them. Then we each had our second interview, followed by a tour of Grady, the teaching hospital.

I am pretty sure that's the correct order of events! Good luck!!!!!

The first thing we did was sit in an actual Biochemistry lecture for about 10 mins. After everyone arrived, they took us to a conference room where everyone waited to be called in for the first interview. After the interview, there was a lunch and powerpoint info session about Morehouse. After lunch, we met a few students, asked them questions and went on a campus tour with them. Then we each had our second interview, followed by a tour of Grady, the teaching hospital.

I just realized that I probably answered that pretty late. Oh well, I hope it helps a future interviewee.

Also, AmNigerianDr, I remember you! You were in my interview group!!! You and a couple of other people had some oddball interviewers. I had one interviewer who seemed very uninterested in getting to know me and just wanted it over with. The second interviewer was really friendly & encouraging and more than made up for the first one. So your interview really depends on whom you get. For the most part though, the interview day was relatively low stress.

Good luck to everybody who will be interviewing!!!

I was wondering if you knew when the Morehouse Admissions committee meet?

I think morehouse said it sent responses via snail mail, and I believe they just started handing out complete emails a couple weeks ago. I think they start interviewing a little later than most.

Hi I was wondering if you knew if the Morehouse Admissions committee meets on Mondays?

I just realized that I probably answered that pretty late. Oh well, I hope it helps a future interviewee.

Also, AmNigerianDr, I remember you! You were in my interview group!!! You and a couple of other people had some oddball interviewers. I had one interviewer who seemed very uninterested in getting to know me and just wanted it over with. The second interviewer was really friendly & encouraging and more than made up for the first one. So your interview really depends on whom you get. For the most part though, the interview day was relatively low stress.

Good luck to everybody who will be interviewing!!!

Yes, thats the correct order. I just interviewed on Friday and it was a very good experience. The people I interviewed with, the students and everyone else at the school were really chill. The interviews were very laid back and mostly conversational. Nice thing about it is that they match you up with someone that has similar interests as you so you can have meaningful dialogue and not just a strictly question/answer interview.

I FINALLY received my acceptance letter today!!!:love::love::love::love::love::love:

As you can see I am super excited!!!

YES!YES!YES!

Congrats girly! You deserve it! What a blessed day for you! Now you have choices! You go girl!

YES!YES!YES!

Congrats girly! You deserve it! What a blessed day for you! Now you have choices! You go girl!

Thank you so much!!! The long nights and lack of sleep are finally starting to pay off!!!

Okay, so I'm just wondering: does Morehouse give silent rejection?

I'm asking because my secondary was submitted way back in 9/7, and was confirmed on 9/17. And I STILL haven't heard anything; no interview invite, no rejection, no nothing.

I'm beginning to get concerned, as it is now December. Thoughts?

I got the letter today!! I'm sooo excited and thankful..been waiting since my interview October 15th..it's def my top choice :) I'm OOS (Richmond, VA).

Congrats on the acceptances everyone. I'm hoping to get a letter today. There doesn't seem to be more than a day's difference between VA and IL, in terms of mail delivery time.

Does anyone know if they offer scholarships in the acceptance letter or are they issued later?

Accepted as well but will not be attending. Hopefully anyone waiting here will get my spot!

Has anyone from the Nov. 19th interview group heard anything yet?

I interviewed on the 19th too and got my acceptance letter yesterday in the mail.. but i live in georgia, so it probably just got to me quicker

I interviewed on the 19th too and got my acceptance letter yesterday in the mail.. but i live in georgia, so it probably just got to me quicker

Accepted as of last night in the mail!!! Happiest day of my life!

Yayyyyyyyy!! CONGRATS!! Idk if youd remember me but im the one who was talking to you about UMiami.. have you heard anything from them yet??

Congratulations McBarrio!!!!!

Also congrats to all the other SDNers, who received that beautiful acceptance letter!! We are officially a part of the Class of 2015!!! Yay!!!

Got my letter today! Actually it came yesterday, but I didn't check the mail! Got into Emory too, so I may be somewhere in Atlanta come next fall!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.