2010 AADSAS application questions!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yumi43

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
1. Is it true we can't fill anything out or open an account until June 1? It looks like previous years were able to sign up for an account by May 15th...

2. LOR and transcript matching forms: If I have a committee letter, do I need the person sending out the committee letter plus accompanying letters to have an LOR matching form also? Or is this only for individual letters of recommendation?

3. I am planning to submit my application by the first day of the 2010 cycle (I hope!!), but am planning to take my DAT's on August 8th. Is this an ok timeline? (I am a non-trad. student.)

4. How long did you work on your personal statement?

Thank you:):D:thumbup:!

Members don't see this ad.

1. I would like to know about this too. It appears that you can't start working on your app until June 1, and also they don't accept LORs and transcripts until June 1.

1. Is it true we can't fill anything out or open an account until June 1? It looks like previous years were able to sign up for an account by May 15th...

2. LOR and transcript matching forms: If I have a committee letter, do I need the person sending out the committee letter plus accompanying letters to have an LOR matching form also? Or is this only for individual letters of recommendation?

3. I am planning to submit my application by the first day of the 2010 cycle (I hope!!), but am planning to take my DAT's on August 8th. Is this an ok timeline? (I am a non-trad. student.)

4. How long did you work on your personal statement?

Thank you:):D:thumbup:!

1. Yes,

2. Dunno about committee letters.

3. August 8th is a rather late date in my opinion. It's safe to assume that schools won't get your scores until late August or early September, therefore you would have already missed out on the first round of consideration by some schools.

4. About a month with 17 drafts (was hard to fit everything into the confined space. I brought 9000 characters down to 4500 or whatever the max was :p)

I was confused about the 2010 cycle as well. Last year, you had the opportunity to fill out your application between May 15th and June 1st, and then submit it on June 1st. It seems like they've changed that this year. I contacted AADSAS and the following is the reply I received:

The 2010 AADSAS application opens on June 1, 2009. You will not have
access to the application until it opens. June 1st, is the first day
you can begin filling out the application.

Have a good day,

AADSAS Customer Service

About your DAT...
I think the date you've planned to take your DAT might be a little late. But don't sweat it. It's better to get a decent DAT score late than a crappy one early. My friend took her DAT last year, in Aug. Her scores were between 20-21 and she got into UCLA. So, right now just focus on getting a good score rather than stressing over the time.

About your personal statement...
It took me 2 days to write it. Then I started sending it out to couple of people to proofread it. So, I'd say spend 4-5 days on it.

Best of luck to you!