2011-2012 Columbia Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you know how people will be notified?

Thanks for always letting us know what's going on - you're seriously wonderful.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am on the waitlist and I got a call Wednesday morning from P & S saying there may be a spot open for me and asking if I was still interested and the lady said she'd send my information to financial aid and be in touch with me. I'm assuming I'm getting off the waitlist?

I am on the waitlist and I got a call Wednesday morning from P & S saying there may be a spot open for me and asking if I was still interested and the lady said she'd send my information to financial aid and be in touch with me. I'm assuming I'm getting off the waitlist?

congrats!

congrats!

Thanks!!

I hope I'm not coming off as conceited, I just don't want to make any assumptions and then be let down. Has anyone else received a phone call similar to the one I had?

Good luck to everyone else!!! :luck::luck:

Thanks!!

I hope I'm not coming off as conceited, I just don't want to make any assumptions and then be let down. Has anyone else received a phone call similar to the one I had?

Good luck to everyone else!!! :luck::luck:

That is interesting. I had assumed that the Dean would be the one making the calls. Either way, congrats!

I got off the waitlist on the 15th 4:45 ET. Call from a lady asking if I was interested and (interestingly) if financial aid was a big factor in my decision. After that, I got a call from the dean with an offer. I am sooo excited!! Top choice! NYC!

I got off the waitlist on the 15th 4:45 ET. Call from a lady asking if I was interested and (interestingly) if financial aid was a big factor in my decision. After that, I got a call from the dean with an offer. I am sooo excited!! Top choice! NYC!

This is so they know if they need to rush your financial package so that you can make a final decision, not so they can alter the amount they get you in case anyone was wondering.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone have any recent news or contact with the office? :(

Just accepted off the wait list!!

Was going to have a second interview with the dean but he is sick. Instead I had a three minute interview with the manager of admissions who basically told me I was accepted and handed me my admissions packet!!!

To other waitlisters-I made a lot of noise while on the waitlist. I sent three letters and three requests for a second interview. I am not sure of this is why I got the spot, but I think it helps to make yourself and your interest in P&S known.

Wow. Life is good. Can't wait to meet everyone in the Fall!

Wow, congrats! When did you get the offer for the second interview? Did you ask via letters or via phone?

Just accepted off the wait list!!

Was going to have a second interview with the dean but he is sick. Instead I had a three minute interview with the manager of admissions who basically told me I was accepted and handed me my admissions packet!!!

To other waitlisters-I made a lot of noise while on the waitlist. I sent three letters and three requests for a second interview. I am not sure of this is why I got the spot, but I think it helps to make yourself and your interest in P&S known.

Wow. Life is good. Can't wait to meet everyone in the Fall!

Mmmcdowe, do you have any sense of how many spots remain? Do you think they have made enough offers now to fill the spaces left after May 15?

Wow, congrats! When did you get the offer for the second interview? Did you ask via letters or via phone?

I got the offer last Friday. I sent an 'in the area' email last Tuesday and the sent an email telling me that they would get back to me about a second interview. They never got back to me so I called on Friday and they told me my interview day and time. I was definitely on top of it. I think it's important to really show your interest.

Mmmcdowe, do you have any sense of how many spots remain? Do you think they have made enough offers now to fill the spaces left after May 15?

I'm sure they have filled the original May 15th rush, but realize that there is lots of spot switching that occurs after that date that is filled as spots come available.

I was accepted off the waitlist last week, I declined though.

Gave up my waitlist spot for another school - best of luck everyone!!!

Any recent waitlist movement? I received the same phone call as a few others asking me the importance of financial aid considerations and asking me to make sure my information is complete. Not sure how likely this is to result in an offer when the movement has slowed down so much. First choice!! Excited about the slight possibility!

I feel bad for the 2012-2013 applicants who'll be looking back at this thread a year from now trying to predict the exact hour that emails will be released. :banana:

Yeah, this is going to suck unless I am rejected pre-interview.

Status
Not open for further replies.