2011-2012 Emory Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Accepted! Got it in the mail today at 1245pm today in Vancouver, BC. Wow.. the mail is slow.

So unbelievably excited. Good luck to everyone else. Your time will come.

I also interviewed at the end of October so there's still hope.

Also accepted, in CA. My parents finally got back and checked the mail. :love: Emory is definitely one of my top choices. Good luck to everyone in the next round!

Congratulations fellow west coasters!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know when we're supposed to hear about Woodruff Fellowships?

Anyone know when we're supposed to hear about Woodruff Fellowships?

I think they said the end of march, acceptances for the last round of interviewees go out march 12th, and financial aid goes out mid april. So woodruff fellowships are probably before mid april because you have to go interview again for them I think.

So... anyone else anxiously awaiting for Emory's final batch of acceptances next week? I live in Atlanta so if I'm accepted I should hear back from them on Tuesday I'm guessing. It would be my first acceptance so I shall be stalking the mailbox then.. :xf:

Members don't see this ad :)
So... anyone else anxiously awaiting for Emory's final batch of acceptances next week? I live in Atlanta so if I'm accepted I should hear back from them on Tuesday I'm guessing. It would be my first acceptance so I shall be stalking the mailbox then.. :xf:

Also, waiting on decisions from Emory.... let the mailbox stalking begin! (after Monday)

Also, waiting on decisions from Emory.... let the mailbox stalking begin! (after Monday)

:thumbup: My feelings exactly!

Good luck, Im from Atlanta and have been waiting a long time! Hopefully the mailman will deliver good news to us all!!!

:thumbup: My feelings exactly!

Good luck, Im from Atlanta and have been waiting a long time! Hopefully the mailman will deliver good news to us all!!!

I'll be away from my mailbox for spring break, but I hope we all get love from Emory next week :love::love::love:

just got in :) love this place.

between a few other options. anyone in my boat? Emory seems to have a little bit of everything that i'm looking for vs. the other places are more extreme in one area over another. (ie., AMAZING primary care rankings and focus, but not so much on the research side).

Me too! Are you going to second look? I'm going to have a tough time deciding between this and other schools. Emory is so nice its hard to say no.

just got in :) love this place.

between a few other options. anyone in my boat? Emory seems to have a little bit of everything that i'm looking for vs. the other places are more extreme in one area over another. (ie., AMAZING primary care rankings and focus, but not so much on the research side).

Me too! Are you going to second look? I'm going to have a tough time deciding between this and other schools. Emory is so nice its hard to say no.

How/when did you guys find out? And when did you interview?

How/when did you guys find out? And when did you interview?

I interviewed on Nov 21 and found out in mid-December with a phone call and then a letter a few days later. I was lucky I didn't have to wait too long. Good luck to those still waiting!

Has anyone gotten any info about 2nd look yet? And idea which weekend it'll be?

Emory has the "Emory Revisited" program, but I think that's only for minority students.

There will be a second look this year for all accepted students, and I'm guessing you'll hear about it in the next week or so. Last year it was held in late April, and I'd definitely recommend attending if you're on the fence between Emory and other schools. But if you know Emory is where you'll be matriculating, I'd recommend saving $$ on airfare (or gas) and just going to housing weekend instead.

Day 2 of Stalking the Mail: Still no results although if I do have good news coming my way, I'm not really expecting anything to arrive before Thursday (in Michigan).

Any news?? I live in Atlanta and no news this is probably a bad thing?

I live in Atlanta as well. No news here either.

Doesn't seem like anyone got acceptances today.

Neither me nor my friend got mail today and we both live in Atlanta and pretty close to Emory. Another guy we know that lives on campus didn't get anything either. Guess they'll be coming in the mail tomorrow? :xf:

I think a few people heard back last Friday for this wave of letters.

Just checked my mailbox and saw a packet from Emory Med. :)

Currently living in Georgia

Good luck everyone! :luck:

Anyone else having a delightfully frustrating time finishing their financial aid for emory? I have little hope at seeing a package on the 15th

Anyone else having a delightfully frustrating time finishing their financial aid for emory? I have little hope at seeing a package on the 15th

it was so obnoxious. They want every little bit of financial information they can think of. I'm probably not going to get anything anyway, but at this point I feel like I should get a scholarship just for finishing that mess.

Emory offers very solid need-based aid, so don't lose hope just yet.

Last edited:
mail just came, nothing. I've gotten two waitlist notifications this week, could use some good news...

My application was JUST completed and I had submitted March 1st. Check OPUS if you haven't for any "to-dos" you might not know about. They could not find my PROFILE so I had to deal with that. Seriously stress inducing. Make sure they have all your paperwork.

Also, is the earliest date we can hear April 1? I assume since my app was complete so late, I'll hear later but I was just wondering.

Didn't get anything today :-(
A friend of mine got his letter today from Emory though.

Huge huge bummer, but I'm hoping for whatever reason it'll be coming in the mail tomorrow. Anyone know what the deal is with the waiting list? I hear that everyone who isn't accepted is automatically put on the waitlist.

Didn't get anything today :-(
A friend of mine got his letter today from Emory though.

Huge huge bummer, but I'm hoping for whatever reason it'll be coming in the mail tomorrow. Anyone know what the deal is with the waiting list? I hear that everyone who isn't accepted is automatically put on the waitlist.

They'll send an e-mail on March 31st saying whether you're on the waitlist or rejected. From what I've heard from medical students from the past couple of years, there's a lot of movement from the waitlist.

Congrats to all those accepted, and for those of you still waiting- don't lose hope!

I just wanted to encourage those accepted and certain of their decision to attend Emory to give up their spots at other schools. I know the hundreds of anxious pre-meds would greatly appreciate it :)

They'll send an e-mail on March 31st saying whether you're on the waitlist or rejected. From what I've heard from medical students from the past couple of years, there's a lot of movement from the waitlist.

So you're sure the waitlisted finds out with the wave of rejections? I've read Emory's vague timeline on their website a million times, and it sounds like the waitlisted would find out around the same time as the acceptances.

No letter yet, just wondering if I should give up completely or keep a little bit of hope.:confused:

So you're sure the waitlisted finds out with the wave of rejections? I've read Emory's vague timeline on their website a million times, and it sounds like the waitlisted would find out around the same time as the acceptances.

No letter yet, just wondering if I should give up completely or keep a little bit of hope.:confused:

I was at the last interview day, they told us the last wave of acceptances would go out in the mail on the 12th, and rejections and waitlist notifications would go out on the 31st.

Does anyone have any idea how many students are placed onto the wait list?

Status
Not open for further replies.