2011-2012 Morehouse Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all! For people that have interviews, when were your applications marked "confirmed" aka complete. I'm just wondering so I can get a sense of when I should be hearing from them. Very anxious! Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, I was completed and invited for an II two weeks later. Most ppl I met at my interview got the same response time but it may get longer as more apps come into the school.

While I'm here...I had my interview yesterday and the process was very relaxed...however, a few of us, me included, had a minor stress interview so keep on your toes and good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
When you get an interview invite and send back the postcard, do they give you confirmation they received the postcard? Thanks

Last edited:
My secondary app was completed 8/31 but I haven't heard from MSM yet??? But I've been getting interviews from other schools. Should I be concerned that I haven't heard from MSM????

When you get an interview invite and send back the postcard, do they give you confirmation they received the postcard? Thanks

I think they sent me an email saying they got it. They also send a reminder the day before.

Thanks, I sent in the postcard about 2 weeks ago so I'll call on Monday to make sure they received it.

Sticking my nose in to be nosey...they send interview invite via snail mail?

Sticking my nose in to be nosey...they send interview invite via snail mail?

They send an email saying that you've been offered an interview and then they send you snail mail with more information. You're supposed to return the postcard they sent you as confirmation for attending the interview.

They send an email saying that you've been offered an interview and then they send you snail mail with more information. You're supposed to return the postcard they sent you as confirmation for attending the interview.

Gotcha.

One more question. Is the status on the site the only indication of ones COMPLETE status?

I received my interview almost 2 months ago (End of Sep).

I was woundering if any one has received acceptance letters yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
I received my interview almost 2 months ago (End of Sep).

I was woundering if any one has received acceptance letters yet?

Acceptance letters will most likely be received the first week of December.

Acceptance letters will most likely be received the first week of December.

Wait so nobody in Early or Regular Decision has received any acceptances yet? But they start coming out in December?

If so, I guess they are really trying to put together a comprehensive preliminary c/o 2016

ED should have received their acceptances already, but everyone else is still waiting for end of nov/early dec. I interviewed at end of Sept and they told us about 6 wks, so hopefully soon.

Wait so nobody in Early or Regular Decision has received any acceptances yet? But they start coming out in December?

If so, I guess they are really trying to put together a comprehensive preliminary c/o 2016

just got my acceptance in the mail!!!

:soexcited::soexcited::soexcited:

ACCEPTED !!!

I interviewd in the very first group (sep 30th), any other acceptances from this group?

received a packet in the mail the day before thankgiving. No phone calls or emails tho, weird.

ED should have received their acceptances already, but everyone else is still waiting for end of nov/early dec. I interviewed at end of Sept and they told us about 6 wks, so hopefully soon.

Morehouse cancelled ED and put all the ED applicants in the regular pool. They send out no email or phone calls. So if u applied ED, then u interview with regular pool.

Got my acceptance packet the day before Thanksgiving! =D
I was interviewed during the first rounds (Sept 23). Best of luck to everyone else, I know how nerve wracking and stressful it is.

got my acceptance packet the day before thanksgiving! =d
i was interviewed during the first rounds (sept 23). Best of luck to everyone else, i know how nerve wracking and stressful it is.

congratulations!!!

Accepted as well. Congrats guys! I interviewed Oct 28th. Most likely declining this offer, hope someone else in here gets my spot:luck:

Got my acceptance packet the day before Thanksgiving! =D
I was interviewed during the first rounds (Sept 23). Best of luck to everyone else, I know how nerve wracking and stressful it is.

I interviewed on the first round (9/23) too and just received my acceptance letter today after a nice, long and tiresome day of shopping! :p

Congrats to all those who got accepted! :):):)

Congrats to all the acceptees... can anybody let me know how long it was between being marked complete and being invited to interview? I really like this school and haven't heard a peep.:scared:

Congrats to all the acceptees... can anybody let me know how long it was between being marked complete and being invited to interview? I really like this school and haven't heard a peep.:scared:

complete: 9/3
interview invite: 10/4

it's a great school! good luck! :)

I interviewed in the first interview session of this year and received acceptance letter/ packet a couple days ago. Congrats and good luck to everyone else!

I was confirmed 8/25, invited to interview the same day, don't give up hope!

I interviewed in the first interview session of this year and received acceptance letter/ packet a couple days ago. Congrats and good luck to everyone else!

We shouldn't give up hope because you got an interview invite after <24 hours of waiting? I've been waiting since September. :poke:

We shouldn't give up hope because you got an interview invite after <24 hours of waiting? I've been waiting since September. :poke:

That's not true, there might be a misunderstanding. I was complete August 8th, received an interview invite on August 25th and attended interview September 23rd. I just received the acceptance letter on November 23rd.

Congrats to everyone that was recently accepted.:D I interviewed in Nov. but did not receive any correspondence so that means I was waitlisted or will eventually receive a rejection.:( I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on the acceptance process. When they send out the next round of acceptances, will they be for interviewees after Nov.? I am just trying to determine if they will review my application again with the next round or if I will have to wait until after they have completed all of there interviews for the cycle.

Also, does anyone know when they start calling applicants from the waitlist?

Hey all,

I interviewed on November 11, and received my acceptance in the mail before Thankgiving (I was out of town and didn't open it until today). Congrats to whoever else got in, a good luck to everyone still waiting to here. Cheers!

- Trips

Sorry, I didn't mean it like that. I think I got the interview invite the same day because I applied last year (pretty late) and didn't get in. They probably remembered my application from last cycle.

Sorry, I didn't mean it like that. I think I got the interview invite the same day because I applied last year (pretty late) and didn't get in. They probably remembered my application from last cycle.

Fair enough. I apologize- I'm on edge because I have yet to receive a single interview... in my second application cycle.

Congrats to everyone that was recently accepted.:D I interviewed in Nov. but did not receive any correspondence so that means I was waitlisted or will eventually receive a rejection.:( I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on the acceptance process. When they send out the next round of acceptances, will they be for interviewees after Nov.? I am just trying to determine if they will review my application again with the next round or if I will have to wait until after they have completed all of there interviews for the cycle.

Also, does anyone know when they start calling applicants from the waitlist?

I interviewed on the 18th of Nov. I do know that they hadnt had time to review my app so if you are in a similar situation they probably hadnt reviewed you before the first set of news went out

Hello,

I had my interview 10/28 and I still have not heard anything back yet as far as an acceptance. Has anyone else heard anything who interviewed on 10/28?

Thanks

Thanks Rashad07! I actually interviewed on the 4th and I know at least one person in my group that did receive an acceptance. Do you know if they have started the wait list or if they are sending rejections this early?

Thanks Rashad07! I actually interviewed on the 4th and I know at least one person in my group that did receive an acceptance. Do you know if they have started the wait list or if they are sending rejections this early?

I have no clue how their admission system works but maybe they just didnt reach you app before the first batch of letters went out. I dont wanna guess any further and be wrong so the best bet is to pray that they have YES in mind when our names pops up!

I agree...I will definitely be praying and I also wish you the best.

Can any of the people interviewed post some of the interview questions? My interview is in a week. Prayers please.

Hi

I was wondering if you could post your stats. Just trying to get an idea of what the first acceptances looked like, stats-wise. Thanks

Can any of the people interviewed post some of the interview questions? My interview is in a week. Prayers please.

These are some questions that I explicitly recall the rest seems like a blur...
Explain some of your medical experiences
Why not some other field in science
What attracts you to this school

Can those who were accepted please advise whether they were IS or OOS? I'm trying to see if there's a pattern between those who have heard back post interview and those who haven't.

Can those who were accepted please advise whether they were IS or OOS? I'm trying to see if there's a pattern between those who have heard back post interview and those who haven't.

Morehouse tends to accept 55 % instate and 45 % out of state. There really isn't any other trend but that. To answer your question I'm OOS.

Just found out that the next batch of acceptances will be sent out some time in January. No specific date.

Status
Not open for further replies.