2011-2012 Ohio State Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Acceptance calls go out tonight beginning at 7pm est

where did this information come from? Just wondering...

Members don't see this ad.

where did this information come from? Just wondering...

It seems clear I was misinformed! Sorry if anyone has had an anxious few hours, now whenever the call is it will be a pleasant suprize.

Members don't see this ad :)
Got the acceptance call a little over an hour ago!

Got the acceptance call a little over an hour ago!

Gahhhhh!! I'm kicking myself for switching my application from MD to MSTP after my interview on 11/16. Now I won't receive a phone call for at least a few monthssss....

I'm happy for you though, lipica!!! :D Is this a top choice for you?

Question, do people who are accepted get an update on MedSTAR before or at the same time as the people who are deferred/rejected? Asking 'cause I recently missed a call from a "Restricted" number after 7 p.m. and no voicemail.

Question, do people who are accepted get an update on MedSTAR before or at the same time as the people who are deferred/rejected? Asking 'cause I recently missed a call from a "Restricted" number after 7 p.m. and no voicemail.

I got the call from Dr. Capers, too! Best of luck to all of you waiting! To DavageSavage: really good chance that was Dr. Capers - our statuses will update along with everyone else (aka: mine hasn't changed yet) ... so: congrats on an acceptance!

Also ... to current students (if you would be so kind): when does Ohio State start informing about financial aid and/or scholarships?

Thanks in advance!

Gahhhhh!! I'm kicking myself for switching my application from MD to MSTP after my interview on 11/16. Now I won't receive a phone call for at least a few monthssss....

I'm happy for you though, lipica!!! :D Is this a top choice for you?

I definitely enjoyed my visit but I'm lucky enough to be in a position to choose my best fit. Good luck to you!!

Also ... to current students (if you would be so kind): when does Ohio State start informing about financial aid and/or scholarships?

Thanks in advance!

April or mayish, not for a long time, just enjoy the honeymoon period that is acceptance for now! :D

Rolling, it's a bit late but not bad at all. I'd check in periodically to see if they have spots earlier.

Do you think this would be an interviewe for the waitlist, or is there still a legitimate chance of acceptance this late?

You suggest me just calling them and asking if they have any earlier spots?

Members don't see this ad :)
damn deferred decision. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you OSU

Do you think this would be an interviewe for the waitlist, or is there still a legitimate chance of acceptance this late?

Last year when I interviewed they told us specifically that they don't interview for the waitlist. If you are there for an interview, it means that there is a spot in the class for you, and "it is up to you to earn it today, or give it away." From Dr. Capers himself. Not sure if that is the case this year, but I can't imagine it would be much different.

damn deferred decision. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you OSU

Ditto. I plan on only writing LOIs to one school and it's looking like OSU for me. Best of luck to you and everyone else waiting! :luck::xf:

Anyone know how to send pre-interview update letters here?

Thanks

We never interview for the wait list, so yea of course you have a chance to get acceptance!

Yes call, especially if you have other interviews in ohio and want to get them all done together, they will be especially accommodating.

does osu send out preinterview rejections? is it possible to still get an invite if i've been complete since july ?

so i go to OSU for undergrad and have been complete since august 31st..is it time for me to show my ties with this school and send them an update letter?

so i go to OSU for undergrad and have been complete since august 31st..is it time for me to show my ties with this school and send them an update letter?

If you have something meaningful to update you should always send one

What is the precise date you have to complete all prereq? I am trying to see if I can fit my anatomy class in the summer or I have to take it this spring. I didn't even get an interview yet.

What is the precise date you have to complete all prereq? I am trying to see if I can fit my anatomy class in the summer or I have to take it this spring. I didn't even get an interview yet.

worry about it when you get an interview! but before you matriculate, so by summer before the fall you are matriculating

Did everyone who was supposed to get status updates today? (Still wondering whether I got accepted because I missed a call from a Restricted number)

Did not get a status update, interviewed more than 2 weeks ago and status still says "interview invitation". I emailed admissions yesterday and they responded:

"Decisions regarding applicants that interviewed during the month of November have yet to be made (due to the holiday and holiday vacations). Those decisions should be made within the next two weeks. Once there are, you will see a change of status on your MedStar page."

Did not get a status update, interviewed more than 2 weeks ago and status still says "interview invitation". I emailed admissions yesterday and they responded:

"Decisions regarding applicants that interviewed during the month of November have yet to be made (due to the holiday and holiday vacations). Those decisions should be made within the next two weeks. Once there are, you will see a change of status on your MedStar page."

ha interesting.... i interviewed in november, deferred decision status.

lol yeah funny story today

I woke up and got a "Please fill out our Non-matriculant survey" email so I thought I got rejected post-interview. An hour later they sent a "Thank you for Interviewing" email that rescinded the first email. No clue where I stand right now, should probably call them up and ask. Hopefully it wasn't foreshadowing anything =/

So I guess it might have been a cruel trick of fate, but I got a call last Saturday at 7:30 from a "Restricted" number right after someone else on here said they got an interview invite. I missed the call and didn't get a voicemail. Then I thought about whether he would even call on Saturday, but figured he might because he didn't call during the holidays. Anyways, still deferred decision status. Funny, I haven't gotten a "Restricted" call in years, and I get one at the right time while I'm waiting to hear from OSU. Life is funny.

lol yeah funny story today

I woke up and got a "Please fill out our Non-matriculant survey" email so I thought I got rejected post-interview. An hour later they sent a "Thank you for Interviewing" email that rescinded the first email. No clue where I stand right now, should probably call them up and ask. Hopefully it wasn't foreshadowing anything =/

they ask for a non-matriculant to take a survey? talk about salt in the wound, good luck tho, might just be an honest mistake.

So I guess it might have been a cruel trick of fate, but I got a call last Saturday at 7:30 from a "Restricted" number right after someone else on here said they got an interview invite. I missed the call and didn't get a voicemail. Then I thought about whether he would even call on Saturday, but figured he might because he didn't call during the holidays. Anyways, still deferred decision status. Funny, I haven't gotten a "Restricted" call in years, and I get one at the right time while I'm waiting to hear from OSU. Life is funny.

Are you saying that could have been an interview invite? They don't call you to give you an interview?

Whoops, just read here about the anatomy requirement :rolleyes: They don't offer it at my undergrad, so if I get in I'll definitely need to look for a community college to take it at!

Theres an anatomy requirement? Does physiology count?

I don't think physiology counts... but I could be wrong...

Last edited:
FYI: I know someone who was rejected post interview, so it does happen. She was rejected a couple weeks ago.

physiology =/= anatomy

they ask for a non-matriculant to take a survey? talk about salt in the wound, good luck tho, might just be an honest mistake.

Are you saying that could have been an interview invite? They don't call you to give you an interview?

No, I already interviewed at OSU in October. I got put on the deferred list a couple weeks ago, so I was excited to see a Restricted number, but bummed when there was no update. But hope is not lost.

I submitted my secondaries really late (october) due to a misunderstanding of my guidance counselor's advice. If I get an interview (i did) does that mean that it's something that isn't a huge deal, or should I actually mention it in the interview? If I do, i dont really know what to say--

I basically asked my advisor when people usually got / did their secondary apps, and he said any time all the way up to the due date. I think he was trying to be nice and make me feel like its OK, but he really should have just told the truth. I didnt realize most people pretty much did them in august. To be fair i guess he wasn't completely wrong since i have been getting interviews anyway. Is this something that significantly hurts me?
thanks,
viable

I submitted my secondaries really late (october) due to a misunderstanding of my guidance counselor's advice. If I get an interview (i did) does that mean that it's something that isn't a huge deal, or should I actually mention it in the interview? If I do, i dont really know what to say--

I basically asked my advisor when people usually got / did their secondary apps, and he said any time all the way up to the due date. I think he was trying to be nice and make me feel like its OK, but he really should have just told the truth. I didnt realize most people pretty much did them in august. To be fair i guess he wasn't completely wrong since i have been getting interviews anyway. Is this something that significantly hurts me?
thanks,
viable

When you get an interview, you have an equal chance of getting in as everyone else there based on your application, it's up to you to lose it, they are just trying to see what type of a person you are and if you would fit in, don't worry about this!

I submitted my secondaries really late (october) due to a misunderstanding of my guidance counselor's advice. I
You're on equal ground with everyone else who's going to be interviewing. Do your best. Traditionally OSU is selective of who they interview so just getting an interview is an accomplishment, good luck.

looks like osu and case's 2nd look are on same weekend

i would think so, idk which one i am going to go to.

Status
Not open for further replies.