2011-2012 Texas A&M Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
All my fields read "true" now as well!

When did you guys get your Primary app sent?

I submitted mine on 5/13 and the secondary on 5/25 (I submitted the fee after that though because I had somehow overlooked it!)

EDIT: top! less scrolling!

Members don't see this ad.

My MCAT scores still has no true next to it but they have had my primary for a while and it has been marked true. Not sure what it means except they probably haven't reviewed my app yet. Sent in secondary almost a month ago, had primary app completed also about a month ago.

When did you guys get your Primary app sent?

Same here. Primary transmitted on 5/21 and secondary sent in on 6/1. Still not true next to MCAT.

Yeah no biggie then. Probably have to wait a couple more weeks till it becomes 'true' whatever that means lol. It would suck if they told me my MCAT was false, wtfbbqlolz

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah no biggie then. Probably have to wait a couple more weeks till it becomes 'true' whatever that means lol. It would suck if they told me my MCAT was false, wtfbbqlolz

Haha. I would just say GG to A&M and hope I get in somewhere else.

I just checked my BAMF page and the status page has disappeared. There is now a small written statement by the ADCOM that starts by saying, "The Texas A&M HSC College of Medicine has concluded its interview season and completed its review of applicants for the Entering Year 2011 Class. I regret to inform you that we are unable to offer you a place at our institution or on our wait-list this year..."

WTF? lol

I just checked my BAMF page and the status page has disappeared. There is now a small written statement by the ADCOM that starts by saying, "The Texas A&M HSC College of Medicine has concluded its interview season and completed its review of applicants for the Entering Year 2011 Class. I regret to inform you that we are unable to offer you a place at our institution or on our wait-list this year..."

WTF? lol

lol same thing happened. must be switching for new year. this means reviewing starts

Yeah their page says there is a 4-6 week delay from the time you sent your app till the time they process it. Mine was sent about the third or so, secondary completed on the fifth, so I am just making it into the 4 week mark. Couple more weeks to go. How much time did you guys spend on your secondary applications? I spent nowhere near the time on them as I did my personal statement for my primary but did spend some time on them, I would say 2-4 hours per essay. Did you guys spend more, less, or about the same?

Yeah their page says there is a 4-6 week delay from the time you sent your app till the time they process it. Mine was sent about the third or so, secondary completed on the fifth, so I am just making it into the 4 week mark. Couple more weeks to go. How much time did you guys spend on your secondary applications? I spent nowhere near the time on them as I did my personal statement for my primary but did spend some time on them, I would say 2-4 hours per essay. Did you guys spend more, less, or about the same?

Primary submitted the May 24th i think, and submitted secondary june first i think. Didnt spendlong. One good night, of super revising

Members don't see this ad :)

Same same- but just submitting secondaries now :scared:

Finally true across the board now also. No 2011 rejection though... Lol

Those with all true and no 2011 rejection site, is it still pending?

Hi All! Still debating on applying here or not. I've visited the campus many times and sat in on a few classes and I absolutely love it. The atmosphere is great, and the students, staff and professors are extremely kind and friendly. I would be OOS, so I'm sure my chances would be slim. Still considering it though :)

Hi All! Still debating on applying here or not. I've visited the campus many times and sat in on a few classes and I absolutely love it. The atmosphere is great, and the students, staff and professors are extremely kind and friendly. I would be OOS, so I'm sure my chances would be slim. Still considering it though :)

Did you visit the new campus? Its a boss.

Did you visit the new campus? Its a boss.

Hahah yeah it is actually in the middle of no where. I actually did some studying in the downstairs study rooms (which are amazing). I've been in the library once or twice. Since I've been though I heard the cafe on the first floor is finished. All M1's are having classes in the new building from this year on, right? It was quite a hike from the parking lots to Reynolds.

:laugh::laugh:

But srs, its a lot nicer than Reynolds is. If they would move a library there it would be a perfect place to study

It would just be a pain to get out there. I like studying at home so where the library is isn't a big deal to me.

Hahah yeah it is actually in the middle of no where. I actually did some studying in the downstairs study rooms (which are amazing). I've been in the library once or twice. Since I've been though I heard the cafe on the first floor is finished. All M1's are having classes in the new building from this year on, right? It was quite a hike from the parking lots to Reynolds.

Reynolds now belongs to the Biomedical Science(BIMS) department/ College of Vet Medicine.

I think all classes will be at new school soon if not already

^Hey at least i dont have to treck from lot 100 or from behind the BioAgEngr building to get to the school now

Reynolds now belongs to the Biomedical Science(BIMS) department/ College of Vet Medicine.

^Hey at least i dont have to treck from lot 100 or from behind the BioAgEngr building to get to the school now

Ahh got it. My bf is gonna be an MS2 there this fall. I'm visiting in August again, so I'm excited to see the new campus!

Would it be appropriate to write a paragraph about a research experience for essay 2? I really can't think of anything else to write here...

All 'trued' up lol. First action I've seen in a while. I've only received confirmation from San Antonia, UTMB, and UNT saying they have received my primary. UTSW sent me an email for my secondary but nothing for my primary even though it was done a month ago, sent them an email today.

Thank god for this forum, it's nice to know others are having the same things happen that I am. Can you imagine not being able to come to a place like this and have to guess at everything? Probably saves the med schools a lot of time as well since they don't have to answer as many questions from all of us.

Good luck to all of us 'pending' applicants. See you tomorrow

so all of my stuff has been "true" for sometime but last week I got the rejection letter from 2011, and my true list is completely gone. For those of you that still has the rejection letter on your page, does it list your primary, secondary, mcat sections? or are they gone like my page?

so all of my stuff has been "true" for sometime but last week I got the rejection letter from 2011, and my true list is completely gone. For those of you that still has the rejection letter on your page, does it list your primary, secondary, mcat sections? or are they gone like my page?

Nope. Mine are all gone as well.

Mine has been like this for 3 days now

All of our classes except for anatomy are at the new building. However i think they have plans in the future to have an anatomy lab at the new building soon. Good luck you guys!!

just checked BAMF and i'm now "under review"...oh boy.

I tried calling but no answer about the screen. If anyone else with the rejection screen can call and ask about the screen and it will go away thatd be great

Update. Those with the rejection screen

"BMEN,

This is a simple computer glitch that we are working to fix.

Thank you.
Amanda"

Triple post. Status under review. Good luck to all. Wish me luck

Why isn't there a "true" next to MCAT scores..?

Just give it some time, it is the last thing to read 'true' of any of them. Usually a few weeks after your primary app reads true from the experience of everyone else here and myself included. Don't worry about it, it will fill in with time. Good luck!

Just give it some time, it is the last thing to read 'true' of any of them. Usually a few weeks after your primary app reads true from the experience of everyone else here and myself included. Don't worry about it, it will fill in with time. Good luck!

thanks brah

Status
Not open for further replies.