2011-2012 Wake Forest University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a heads up. I've noticed Wake Forest changes their prompts from year to year, so you might want to wait on writing responses. Also Wake has a holistic pre-secondary prescreen so if you are even remotely interested it's worth applying there (not to mention a relatively cheap secondary fee). The school, the area, and the facilities are all amazing, (though I won't be attending so I can't answer any specific questions about the school).

Members don't see this ad.

can any current students/ people this past cycle comment if an LOI would have an in impact for WFUSOM pre-screen?

Members don't see this ad :)
I just checked my status and it changed to under review!

can any current students/ people this past cycle comment if an LOI would have an in impact for WFUSOM pre-screen?
Pre-screen for secondary? doubtful (in my completely uninformed opinion).

Last edited:
I went to check my status and this is what it says:

Your AMCAS application has been evaluated and we are sending you our secondary application by e-mail. Please allow 2 weeks for the application to be sent to you as we send them out in batches.

Your AMCAS application has been evaluated and we are sending you our secondary application by e-mail. Please allow 2 weeks for the application to be sent to you as we send them out in batches.

Mine said that before, then it changed to this:

Your AMCAS application is under review. When the review is complete, you will be sent an e-mail notification of your status.

Mine said that before, then it changed to this:

Your AMCAS application is under review. When the review is complete, you will be sent an e-mail notification of your status.

Ah, okay. I was wondering how they could've possibly decided so quickly when only yesterday I got notification of primary receipt.

Mine says the same thing. I'm really hoping this is actually true lol.

Actually I completely misread your post lol. Mine didn't say that before this. I guess you both are getting secondaries! Congratulations.

So if we get the your application is under review status does that mean that we are not getting the secondaries?

So if we get the your application is under review status does that mean that we are not getting the secondaries?

No, I doubt it. I'm pretty sure that it means that they just have not gotten to your app yet or are still reviewing it. I'm still not sold that Minerva and my's statuses are legit. I'm pretty darn :D though.

Members don't see this ad :)

I just checked and mine says the same thing.

Pre-screen for secondary? doubtful (in my completely uninformed opinion).

that's what I figured, when I emailed the admissions awhile back they said

"There is a place on the secondary application where an applicant can indicate their special interest in Wake Forest. And any other communication with us whether by mail or email is noted to your application file. Hope this is helpful. Please let us know if you have further questions or concerns."

looks like to me you have to get past the screen before any begging/pleading can occur

So, I did a little research. Looks like for those of us with the status mentioned earlier passed the screen. If you eventually receive a "your application has been processed. check your email." status, that means you were screened out :(.

Good luck everyone!

So, I did a little research. Looks like for those of us with the status mentioned earlier passed the screen. If you eventually receive a "your application has been processed. check your email." status, that means you were screened out :(.

Good luck everyone!

congrats on getting through the screen!

Would any one be kind enough to share what numbers are getting through to secondaries?

Would any one be kind enough to share what numbers are getting through to secondaries?

31Q, 3.63, OOS

Looking at the old thread, numbers don't seem to be a huge thing. One guy had a 29 MCAT and was screened in. Another had a 34 and a decent GPA and was screened out.

Nice, vick. I think you and I have a lot of the same schools on our list. :luck:

yes, we do! you should make an MDApps!!

I'm 32Q/3.9 In state. I think they screen out people with no research or weak community service profile.

I see that secondary is a guaranteed interview.

EDIT: Not true.
"Upon receipt of the AMCAS application, the Committee on Admissions evaluates each applicant. Those who cannot be interviewed are notified. Other applants receive a Secondary Application before December 15."

and then...

"After the Secondary Application, MCAT scores, and letter(s) of evaluation are received, the completed application is reviewed by the Committee on Admissions, and candidates are invited for interview."

I can't access the website. Sad face.

Edit: 666 posts. Is this a Wake Forest omen?

hoping i get a secondary, hopefully they just haven't picked up my app yet. I think my stats are decent enough for a secondary. 3.64 36 MCAT

Just checked my application status and got the same "we are sending you our secondary application by e-mail" message! It must have been updated sometime today, because yesterday it said "under review." Yay can't wait for the secondary!! congrats everyone!

Last edited:
Just checked my application status and got the same "we are sending you our secondary application by e-mail" message! It must have been updated sometime today, because yesterday it said "under review." Yay can't wait for the secondary!! congrats everyone!
I finally got on the website, and mine says the same thing. Nice!

is there a difference between the under review status and the we will send you an email about status?

is there a difference between the under review status and the we will send you an email about status?

I'm assuming so. It looks like people were under review then it changed to they will receive a secondary.

so just to reiterate: my status says

Is this the dreaded secondary reject status or could this status change to the secondary status?

Sorry for asking so much, I was just confused.

Is this the dreaded secondary reject status or could this status change to the secondary status?

I looked around last year's thread, and it seems as if there is a third status. The third status indicates the applicant's file has been reviewed, a decision has been made, and the applicant will be emailed. I think that is the dreaded pre-screened status. I assume the email then states you were screened out. I could be wrong though.

No, this is not the dreaded rejected status. You're fine. Keep waiting.

I looked around last year's thread, and it seems as if there is a third status. The third status indicates the applicant's file has been reviewed, a decision has been made, and the applicant will be emailed. I think that is the dreaded pre-screened status. I assume the email then states you were screened out. I could be wrong though.

That's what I thought as well.

I finally got on the website, and mine says the same thing. Nice!

Of course you got one :laugh:. Congrats though. Potential classmates? :)

I'm 32Q/3.9 In state. I think they screen out people with no research or weak community service profile.

Eh I don't think I'm going to make an MDapps. We'll see.

I see that secondary is a guaranteed interview.

EDIT: Not true.
"Upon receipt of the AMCAS application, the Committee on Admissions evaluates each applicant. Those who cannot be interviewed are notified. Other applants receive a Secondary Application before December 15."

and then...

"After the Secondary Application, MCAT scores, and letter(s) of evaluation are received, the completed application is reviewed by the Committee on Admissions, and candidates are invited for interview."

I think Vanderbilt is the only school where a secondary means a guaranteed interview.

31Q, 3.63, OOS

Looking at the old thread, numbers don't seem to be a huge thing. One guy had a 29 MCAT and was screened in. Another had a 34 and a decent GPA and was screened out.

Both of you mentioned whether you were IS or OOS. Does Wake Forest favor NC applicants? I thought it didn't matter since it's a private school?

Oh, and congrats to everyone who received a secondary today!

Both of you mentioned whether you were IS or OOS. Does Wake Forest favor NC applicants? I thought it didn't matter since it's a private school?

yeah they do, at least statistically

Screened in as well! Looking forward to learning more about this school and doing the secondary!

Congratulations to everyone screened in.
GAH. Makes me wish I hadnt waited to submit the primary till my MCAT score was in.

Is anyone willing to post the promts?

Congratulations to everyone screened in.
GAH. Makes me wish I hadnt waited to submit the primary till my MCAT score was in.

Is anyone willing to post the promts?

Looks like they'll send the actual secondary in a two week window. When I get it, I'll post 'em.

Congrats!

I thought WF didn't screen though?? Is it a GPA/MCAT cutoff or based on ECs as well?

I think the only reason there are more IS students here is because they choose to go here.. while OOSer will let go of the acceptance if they multiple options. In the big picture, OOSers still get a decent amount of seats. (80)

Status
Not open for further replies.