2011 APVMA Symposium

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drwildlife

SGU Class of 2017?
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Searched around a bit and it seems as if there isn't a thread started about the upcoming symposium yet.

Who all is going to the symposium at Mississippi this year? Discussion about the labs/courses offered?

I know I'm extremely excited - they're offering a theriogenology lab and course! I've been helping with the species survival plan at the zoo I intern at (artificial insemination of African Elephants and breeding of African Black-Footed Penguins) so this is right up my alley :D

Members don't see this ad.

I plan on going with the MSU PVMA. Yay for 18 hour bus rides!

The symposium looks super interesting, and I almost wish I was going! I'm going to be in Costa Rica on my VIDA trip, though, so I really can't feel that bad about missing. :D A ton of people I work with are going, so I'm sure I'll hear all about it - wish they had more info about the different labs and such online.

Members don't see this ad :)
Pretty sure the OSU PVMA is planning on sending the Exec board, which would include me =) So hopefully I'll get to see some of you there!

It would be super exciting to meet some of you there! I know I had a blast at Purdue meeting fellow students last year. Especially KState people, they were hilarious.

There is actually a class descriptions link on the registration site. Is that what you're talking about?

http://www.apvmas.msstate.edu/classes/desc.php

What labs are you guys thinking of doing? It's hard to decide, but I think I might do the theriogenology one. This is the first time FSU will be joining, so looking forward to it!

Last edited:
I'm taking the theriogenology lab. Really wanted to go on the Wildlife Research Lab Tour but, it was already full. I hope the other labs are still open when we get there.

Oh, and welcome to the symposium! Even though it hasn't started yet :D you'll really enjoy it.

Here's a thread bump.

Just curious how many of you SDNers will be there still.

I'll be there representing St. George's University. The first 100 students to stop by my booth and say hi, will get a free "born to be a vet" t-shirt!

SGU is also sponsoring the dinner Friday night so I will have goodies there for everyone as well.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone next week. I have heard there are 505 students registered to attend, so it should be a great event.

Have fun everyone! As a former executive staff officer and newly admitted vet student I can only say that it is so worth the trip! Making new friends, learning new skills, and looking toward the future made the weekend amazing!

Hey - I want a shirt!!!!!!!

UCA PVMA is so gonna have a blast again this year.. Purdue was great last year, but now were going to be at my number one choice to enroll in Veterinary Medicine @ Mississippi State University!!!! YEA for totally awsome labs hope to see you all there and hope to get a St. George tshirt!!!!:love:

So, totally running for Vice President tonight. I won't say my name but, surely you guys can pick me out tonight :D Hope to win!