petechia

2+ Year Member
Jul 24, 2016
Status
Pre-Dental
Hello everyone,

I have the 2011 DAT Destroyer, Math Destroyer, and 3rd Edition Cliffs AP Bio books, do you all think these are still suitable or should I take the plunge and buy the updated material (especially when it comes to DAT Destroyer)?

I also plan to purchase/use Chad's Videos for GC & OC, Feralis Biology Notes, and DAT Bootcamp.

Any other material recommendations are appreciated!

Last edited:

fayevalentine

See you space cowboy.
5+ Year Member
Feb 13, 2014
Status
Pre-Dental
I have both the 2011 Destroyer and 2015 Destroyer and there seem to only be a few differences in the two books... like they added some questions, but most of the questions are the same. Perhaps @orgoman22 would have a better answer though, as Nancy/Dr. Romano will know what changed in each edition. I am actually curious about this myself, as I have been using the 2011 version personally (can write it in versus the 2015 that is borrowed... I hate not being able to mark up a book lol)

For Cliff's, 3rd edition is the one everyone says to use for the DAT, so you'er good there. All the resources you talk about above are amazing (except Crack DAT.... I've never used it so I can't comment). I also highly advise you also use Kahn Academy for help on topics you haven't covered in a while.

orgoman22

DAT DESTROYER... Dr. Romano and Nancy
Lifetime Donor
Sponsor
Vendor
10+ Year Member
Mar 12, 2005
New York City
www.orgoman.com
Status
Non-Student
I have both the 2011 Destroyer and 2015 Destroyer and there seem to only be a few differences in the two books... like they added some questions, but most of the questions are the same. Perhaps @orgoman22 would have a better answer though, as Nancy/Dr. Romano will know what changed in each edition. I am actually curious about this myself, as I have been using the 2011 version personally (can write it in versus the 2015 that is borrowed... I hate not being able to mark up a book lol)

For Cliff's, 3rd edition is the one everyone says to use for the DAT, so you'er good there. All the resources you talk about above are amazing (except Crack DAT.... I've never used it so I can't comment). I also highly advise you also use Kahn Academy for help on topics you haven't covered in a while.
Information is added to our books to keep up with the latest DAT trends. It only take a few more questions correct in a section to make huge difference in your scores. Nothing is added to our materials that is not important. There are many versions of the DAT exam and we prepare you for whatever comes your way. The DAT exam is currently $430 and is paid each time you take the exam. Your goal should be to take the DAT one time. Do it right the first time and use up to date materials.

Just my 2 cents.

nancy

Reactions: osMOLARity
OP
P

petechia

2+ Year Member
Jul 24, 2016
Status
Pre-Dental

Glad I'm not the only one still holding on to 2011 material!

Reactions: fayevalentine
OP
P

petechia

2+ Year Member
Jul 24, 2016
Status
Pre-Dental
Information is added to our books to keep up with the latest DAT trends. It only take a few more questions correct in a section to make huge difference in your scores. Nothing is added to our materials that is not important. There are many versions of the DAT exam and we prepare you for whatever comes your way. The DAT exam is currently $430 and is paid each time you take the exam. Your goal should be to take the DAT one time. Do it right the first time and use up to date materials.

Just my 2 cents.

nancy
Thank you for your input. I figured it couldn't hurt to ask before making the investment.

Reactions: orgoman22