2011 interview impressions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I second that! There aren't many entries in the ob/gyn section at all.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the link VABRA, it was really good.

I saw one of the contributors to her blog listed having ER and MICU rotations as a negative for the program she was reviewing. What are the pros and cons of going to a program that has rotations in ER/MICU/SICU/NICU/Medicine versus programs that just have OB and Gyn rotations for the 4 years?

Begging for you guys to update the interview feedback this year! The Ob/Gyn section is pitiful :-( . Those of us who are future applicants would greatly appreciate it. Best of luck everyone! You guys have some awesome interview invites thus far.

All OBGYN residencies require a month in medicine and ICU/ER month. It is part of the program requirements.

All OBGYN residencies require a month in medicine and ICU/ER month. It is part of the program requirements.

I only had one month of ER as an intern - never had to do a medicine rotation or ICU rotation. I graduated in 2009, so maybe the requirements have changed.

I plan to give feedback on all my interviews. I have received a lot of help and info from this website over the years and I'm hoping I can help someone too.

I tried to give feedback about my interviews this season on the official SDN database/survey and I cannot figure out how to take the survey or give any feedback. The link to take the survey appears broken. Any suggestions?

I tried to give feedback about my interviews this season on the official SDN database/survey and I cannot figure out how to take the survey or give any feedback. The link to take the survey appears broken. Any suggestions?

I just tried and got a broken link/error message too. Maybe PM Global Disrobal or another mod.

I do not believe it is a program requirement anymore. It is suggested that ambulatory health care can be obtained through one of these specialties but it is not needed if the program can provide it from within their own rotation schedule.

I just tried and got a broken link/error message too. Maybe PM Global Disrobal or another mod.

update: I ended up filling out a ticket (or whatever its called) in the help section. In any event, the interview feedback section is now working!:love:

If you complete the 2 extra rotations (ER then ICU or whatever) then you are eligible should you drop out of OB/GYN to use that intern year as a prelim.

Now, for all the people that see those rotations as a negative, those rotations have really opened my eyes to how much I fit in OB/GYN but also how the different fields have to work together. You will deal with ICU patients when you are on Oncology so it isn't a useless rotation. Also, you will deal with consults from the ER so again not a useless rotation. You just suck it up those 2 months of the year and do the work (and, you will find for the most part that the other services appreciate how efficient OB/GYN interns tend to be) and try to learn something :)

Don't "not love" a program secondary to a couple off service rotations.

Not all, because mine doesn't. We do a month each of SICU and ER, but no medicine.

Agreed. Mine has neither SICU, ER, or medicine. All OB, GYN, or subspecialties.