Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am really clueless about taxes and I am considering using either turbotax or H&R this year. But before doing my 2011 taxes, I have a couple of questions that maybe someone here can help me with...thanks.
(1) Married resident whose husband is unemployed
(2) Can expenses for step 3 and study guides (usmleworld and the likes) be considered tax deductible?
(3) What about gas for work?
(4) Student loan interest paid?
I had asked a volunteer who prepares tax for low income families how much could I see in tax refund and she said somewhere around 400...I was hoping to collect the full refund of the tax I paid so that was depressing. Btw, I only gave her my estimated gross income, fed state tax paid thus far. Thanks for any help.
(1) Married resident whose husband is unemployed
(2) Can expenses for step 3 and study guides (usmleworld and the likes) be considered tax deductible?
(3) What about gas for work?
(4) Student loan interest paid?
I had asked a volunteer who prepares tax for low income families how much could I see in tax refund and she said somewhere around 400...I was hoping to collect the full refund of the tax I paid so that was depressing. Btw, I only gave her my estimated gross income, fed state tax paid thus far. Thanks for any help.