-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2012-2013 Brown University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm a native Rhode Islander. Rejected today too :'(
Rejected! Haha I was wondering what took them so long
It gets better,
1:48 PM: Rejection email
2:56 PM: Notification email that my provided updates will be added to my file.

It gets better,
1:48 PM: Rejection email
2:56 PM: Notification email that my provided updates will be added to my file.![]()
Ugh, that's practically cruel. 🙁 Did you provide updates via snail mail, or email?
Rejected. Expected but a little disheartening all the same.
PDF attachment via email
My rejection email didn't contain a PDF attachment... my application portal also doesn't say anything about the rejection on the status page or communication page...
Whoa... Survived another run in with the ax
Good luck in your other apps to those that got chopped.
Good luck in your other apps to those that got chopped.
Whoa... Survived another run in with the ax
Good luck in your other apps to those that got chopped.
Seconded!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone received an II from here recently?
When I submitted my secondary, I also received an email saying I was complete. So I'm assuming I was complete on 9/16. Guess I have a couple more weeks before I receive a rejection/ II (in all honesty, it's probably going to be a rejection)
Keep your heads up and your chins high folks. The application season still isn't over.
...I'm going to leave this here just in case anyone wants some inspiration courtesy of Rocky... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4dtiw997iU
Keep your heads up and your chins high folks. The application season still isn't over.
...I'm going to leave this here just in case anyone wants some inspiration courtesy of Rocky... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4dtiw997iU
You're the best. And so is Rocky.
waiting, waiting, waiting for the next batch of decisions to come out...complete mid-aug, still waiting
waiting, waiting, waiting for the next batch of decisions to come out...complete mid-aug, still waiting
+1
Interview Invite!
I was complete 9/7, so I have no idea about this November thing.
I was complete 9/7, so I have no idea about this November thing.
When did you schedule your interview for? I'm trying to decide if I want to send an in-the-area e-mail for the middle of November.Interview Invite!
I was complete 9/7, so I have no idea about this November thing.
When did you schedule your interview for? I'm trying to decide if I want to send an in-the-area e-mail for the middle of November.
When I was scheduling, the only dates available were in December. I scheduled for Dec 7.
When I was scheduling, the only dates available were in December. I scheduled for Dec 7.
you should change it!! everyone knows December 7 is a day that shall live in infamy!
i wish they could just give me a rejection so i don't have to worry about this school...ugh.
4
496552
^ Haha, I'd rather they give me an invite ;P. But yes! Complete 9/10 and wondering when those rejections will be sent out... 🙁
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Whoo just got rejected. Complete 9/2.
Rejected today also. Complete 9/7. 3.9c 31Q. Darn, Brown was my clear #1 choice (albeit a reach). Good luck to everyone else applying and interviewing.
D
deleted127837
I just received an acceptance from one of my top choices so I'll be withdrawing my application and interview invite from Brown soon. Hopefully that interview spot will go to someone who really wants to attend!! =)
Congrats! Where'd you get in?
4
496552
Why must they separate waves of rejections into two days... Now I'm scared every time I check my email 🙁 And my stats are pretty mediocre too-- 🙁
rejected today 🙁....oh well, at least i have one of my state school acceptances
rejected, complete 9/15 🙁
Have my interview today...forgot my suit pants 600 miles away...fml
oh well time to macgyver this ****!
oh well time to macgyver this ****!
Have my interview today...forgot my suit pants 600 miles away...fml
oh well time to macgyver this ****!
Best of luck.
Dodged the ax again. I am sure it's only a matter of time.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Silent Hold do turn into interviews on a frequent basis. Keep your spirits up. There is a lot of interviewing still left.Does anyone know how Brown does holds? I've been complete since late July, and made it through a all the axe-fests thus far, but still haven't heard anything. I'm assuming silent holds that turn to rejection, most likely?
Have my interview today...forgot my suit pants 600 miles away...fml
oh well time to macgyver this ****!
I have recurring nightmares of this happening to me. Best of luck! Providence mall isn't far from Brown and I seem to remember the interview starting later than most others.
well the day went well despite my lack of pants XD
Brown is amazing and I would love to go there. here is to hoping I get an acceptance on dec 10.
Brown is amazing and I would love to go there. here is to hoping I get an acceptance on dec 10.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K