2012 - 2013 Official Psychology PhD/PsyD Interview Invite thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I did not receive the interview, so I can only speak for those who were also not interviewed. Good luck though!

Thank you :) although I do believe I have been rejected post-interview, which is why I was asking. I should've heard back by now. Oh well! C'est la vie!

Members don't see this ad.

To those of you who were invited to interview at St. John's,

What did the mass e-mail say? I received an e-mail from them on 2/19, but it's referring to their open house on March 19th from 7-9pm. I'm just curious what the interview invite looks like.

Thanks! :)

"ear Applicant,

I am pleased to inform you that you have been chosen to interview for the Ph.D. program in Clinical Psychology at St. John’s University! This year’s interviews will be conducted over four sessions listed below:.

Tuesday, March 5th
Morning Session: 8:30am to 12:00pm
Afternoon Session: 12:30 pm to 4:00pm

Monday, March 11th
Morning Session: 8:30 am to 12:00pm

Please email me which of the four sessions you would like to attend. Since there are limited spots in each session you should include a second choice to allow for scheduling flexibility. In addition, please send me the names of the faculty (if any) with whom you would like to interview. We will do our best to accommodate your request, but cannot guarantee that the person will be available at the specific time that you interview. Applicants who live outside the metropolitan New York area may request a phone interview.

Once we complete the scheduling process I will send out another email reviewing the specific details of the interviews. Again, congratulations! I look forward to your reply. "

I want to go to an open house! I feel like 3.5 hours is not enough to learn all I need to about the program. Is the open house part of your interview offer? I can't imagine them inviting you to an open house and not to interview- or perhaps your stats are so stellar you get to skip the interview all together? Either way, best of luck!!!

"ear Applicant,

I am pleased to inform you that you have been chosen to interview for the Ph.D. program in Clinical Psychology at St. John’s University! This year’s interviews will be conducted over four sessions listed below:.

Tuesday, March 5th
Morning Session: 8:30am to 12:00pm

Monday, March 11th
Morning Session: 8:30 am to 12:00pm

Please email me which of the four sessions you would like to attend. Since there are limited spots in each session you should include a second choice to allow for scheduling flexibility. In addition, please send me the names of the faculty (if any) with whom you would like to interview. We will do our best to accommodate your request, but cannot guarantee that the person will be available at the specific time that you interview. Applicants who live outside the metropolitan New York area may request a phone interview.

Once we complete the scheduling process I will send out another email reviewing the specific details of the interviews. Again, congratulations! I look forward to your reply. "

I want to go to an open house! I feel like 3.5 hours is not enough to learn all I need to about the program. Is the open house part of your interview offer? I can't imagine them inviting you to an open house and not to interview- or perhaps your stats are so stellar you get to skip the interview all together? Either way, best of luck!!!
Thanks for posting that e-mail! Unfortunately I didn't receive an interview offer (yet!), but I'm not entirely surprised because my GRE wasn't that great. It's my first time applying for PhD programs though, so I'm not going to get discouraged.
Also, I think the open house is open to anyone, so I'm sure you'd be able to attend.
Best of luck to you too!!! Congrats on the interview!

Members don't see this ad :)
Have any other UC Santa Barbara applicants, particularly counseling or clinical applicants, heard anything back since the interview? It'll be six weeks since the interview this Friday, and I still haven't been notified of an acceptance, waitlist, or rejection, nor have I seen any updates from other students online. I know they said it could take about a month to hear back, but its been quite a while now...

Lupe emailed me on Fri Feb 8th to tell me that I had been waitlisted. My POI was cc:ed. Sounded like my POI had made an offer to at least one person already. I was a counseling applicant.

Hey all,

Anyone else interviewing tomorrow at Columbia TC Counseling Psych? They sent out a vague email saying not to arrive after 9:30am. Didn't say which room to go to or anything, and I know it's a HUGE building from having attended an open house. I guess I'll head to admissions and they'll know where to send me, but I feel like I'm missing something.

I emailed them last week to see if we'd get a schedule and was told we would, but nothing arrived. I had a hectic week and didn't have time to check in on them again. This is ridiculous ....I've heard they are a mess and this seems like a good example of it.

Just curious if anyone has more info? Otherwise I guess I'll figure it out in the AM!

G'nite!

Hey all,

Anyone else interviewing tomorrow at Columbia TC Counseling Psych? They sent out a vague email saying not to arrive after 9:30am. Didn't say which room to go to or anything, and I know it's a HUGE building from having attended an open house. I guess I'll head to admissions and they'll know where to send me, but I feel like I'm missing something.

I emailed them last week to see if we'd get a schedule and was told we would, but nothing arrived. I had a hectic week and didn't have time to check in on them again. This is ridiculous ....I've heard they are a mess and this seems like a good example of it.

Just curious if anyone has more info? Otherwise I guess I'll figure it out in the AM!

G'nite!
I have a friend in the TC Counseling program, and just from what I've heard from them, no one in that program is very happy. Professors are unavailable, disinterested, or dismissive of graduate students, and it seems like the overall climate of the Dept. is pretty negative. Best of luck at the interview, and please soak up ALL of the facts. Good luck :)

School Name: Seton Hall University
Degree: Ph.D
Type: Counseling
Date Interview Invite Received: 2/21/13
How were you notified: Email
Who notified you: Graduate Assistant
Interview Date: 3/15

Nothing yet but my POI said he would contact all of us to let us know our status regardless of if we got an offer or not- anxiously waiting:)

Yeah mine too. I guess just nervous that we're going on two weeks post-interview now -- eek!

Last edited:
Has anyone else on here heard from Stony Brook about interviews? I know some of the POIs have said that all of them have gone out. There was one semi recent post on GradCafe mentioning this...I am hoping to find out whether it was the same POI I'm waiting on! It's killing me not to know :scared:

School Name: Seton Hall University
Degree: Ph.D
Type: Counseling
Date Interview Invite Received: 2/21/13
How were you notified: Email
Who notified you: Graduate Assistant
Interview Date: 3/15

Congrats!! Was this a mass email?

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard back from Drexel clinical post-interview or know when decisions are supposed to come out? I know it's only been a week but I'm anxious! lol

I got denied by the Counseling Psychology Ph.D. program at UND, but just received an invitation for an interview for the MA program.

Congrats!! Was this a mass email?
Thank you! It was a personalized email, so I'm sure they are still sending out more! They did not give much detail away about the interview. They simply provided responses to choose from for the RSVP.

Good luck!!

Last edited:
I just accepted an offer from Midwestern University (Glendale, AZ) for their Psy.D. program. Apparently, not too many people on this forum know of MWU, probably because they just received APA accreditation about a year ago.

MWU is first and foremost a med school, which helps with networking and interdisciplinary collaboration. They also limit their PsyD class size to 20, so the student:faculty ratio is low. Awesome program, in my opinion.

If anyone else is accepting or has questions about the program, PM me! :)

Just wanted to update: I recieved an offer from Chicago School (LA Campus) on Fri 2/22 as well as Adler today, 2/23. I believe the Adler offer came fairly early since I interviewed 4 days ago, so if anyone else is still waiting to hear back, I think they said to give them 2 weeks.

Of course my first 2 interviews were my last 2 choices so I still have 2 interviews next week. At least I can go in knowing I have options :)

Has anyone heard from Yeshiva (Ferkauf), specifically their school-clinical PsyD program, for interviews or otherwise by now?

Has anyone heard anything from pgsp Stanford ? I applied for early decision but still have yet to hear anything from them

Has anyone heard from Yeshiva (Ferkauf), specifically their school-clinical PsyD program, for interviews or otherwise by now?
I interviewed for Ferkauf's School-Clinical program on 2/6. They have/had 5 interview days and the last one is this Thursday 2/28. As of now, I don't believe any admissions decisions have been made. Hope this helps!

I interviewed for Ferkauf's School-Clinical program on 2/6. They have/had 5 interview days and the last one is this Thursday 2/28. As of now, I don't believe any admissions decisions have been made. Hope this helps!

Thank you for your reply, this seems consistent with what someone else said. I never heard anything from them unfortunately :/ good luck to you with the process

The PIs at Harvard that I have spoken to are more than helpful when inquiring as to your application status.

The PIs at Harvard that I have spoken to are more than helpful when inquiring as to your application status.
Have you heard from a POI at Harvard within the last two weeks? If so, would you mind pm'ing me your POI?

Has anyone heard from UGA's Counseling Program, post-interview? I interviewed on 2/1 and haven't heard yet but also haven't heard of anyone else hearing anything either, so I thought I'd check!!

Has anyone heard anything from pgsp Stanford ? I applied for early decision but still have yet to hear anything from them

I was invited for an interview on Feb. 2nd (which I won't be attending), but it seems like their invitations are rolling since they've been posted on GradCafe as early as December. You should email and ask! The DCT seems very nice.

Has anyone heard from UGA's Counseling Program, post-interview? I interviewed on 2/1 and haven't heard yet but also haven't heard of anyone else hearing anything either, so I thought I'd check!!

I interviewed 2/4 and haven't heard anything either. However, I know someone else who received an acceptance the friday following the interview sooo merp. Probably either waitlisted or rejected.

Harvard is the last school I am waiting on to begin my decisions. Has anyone heard anything
since two people reported on Grad Cafe that their POI wasn't taking students? Someone reported that some interviews did take place by certain POI's but that doesn't seem corroborated.

Any info would be greatly appreciated. If I don't hear soon I'm going to accept another offer.
I'm in the same boat. I've heard some rumors through many degrees of separation about some people not taking students, but want something concrete from the program before accepting another offer.

Has anyone heard anything from these two schools? Their interviews happened earlier this month but I haven't seen any acceptance or waitlists. I think I saw one rejection for Miami but that's about it. I contacted them but they never replied...

If anyone has the slightest information, I would really appreciate it... Thanks!!!

I'm in the same boat. I've heard some rumors through many degrees of separation about some people not taking students, but want something concrete from the program before accepting another offer.

If any of you decide to email your Harvard POI/the department will you share what you learn on here? I would do it myself but am a little nervous about bothering my POI more than I already have...

Has anyone heard anything from these two schools? Their interviews happened earlier this month but I haven't seen any acceptance or waitlists. I think I saw one rejection for Miami but that's about it. I contacted them but they never replied...

If anyone has the slightest information, I would really appreciate it... Thanks!!!

Notre Dame has extended their offers. At least most of the faculty have.

Does anyone know when to expect a decision from FIT (psyd) after interview day?

Both Notre Dame and U of Miami have extended their initial offers at this point.

I interviewed 2/4 and haven't heard anything either. However, I know someone else who received an acceptance the friday following the interview sooo merp. Probably either waitlisted or rejected.
UGA Counseling has sent out acceptances

Phone interview for Stony Brook. Anyone else interviewing at Stony Brook after the recent influx of invites? If so, please PM me your POI =) I'll do the same!

Technically the Chestnut Hill College program is a Clinical Psy.D. not a Counseling Psy.D. I applied there and I know their Masters program is a Clinical & Counseling program so easy to confuse.

Also I believe Rutgers is a Clinical Psy.D.

There aren't many "Counseling Psych" Psy.Ds that I'm aware of but I could be mistaken.

Hi guys, I was wondering if anybody has heard from LSU post-interview? If you did, do you mind PMing me your POI? Thanks!

Hi guys, I was wondering if anybody has heard from LSU post-interview? If you did, do you mind PMing me your POI? Thanks!

No word over here, acceptance/rejection/waitlist or otherwise. Saw some pop up on GradCafe but it must not have been all the POIs. Good luck!

I feel like someone already asked this, but any word from U Toledo post-interview? Thanks!!

RE: Yeshiva School-Clinical

I interviewed on 1/31 and received an offer a week later. They might still be sending out offers though...so good luck!

Got in touch with Harvard. My POI will not be taking any students this year.