2012-2013 Ohio State University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gettheleadout

MD
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
In your own words, define altruism and provide an example (or two) of when you exhibited altruistic behavior. (600 words or less)

Articulate your understanding of social justice versus advocacy for social justice.(600 words or less)

Describe one or more experiences where you collaborated or worked as part of a team with people of different racial, ethnic and/or socioeconomic backgrounds and/or belief systems than your own. What impact did this experience(s) have on you? (600 words or less)

Good luck to everyone applying! :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I was accepted for the class entering 2012 and I just want to send waves of good karma to all the non-traditional applicants applying this year. Be persistent, here, and everywhere else you apply.

I was accepted for the class entering 2012 and I just want to send waves of good karma to all the non-traditional applicants applying this year. Be persistent, here, and everywhere else you apply.

Thank you! How do you like OSU?

Thank you! How do you like OSU?

I'll let you know next month when I move. Regardless, OSU established itself as my top choice amongst the schools I interviewed at and I am very, very thankful to have been accepted.

I'll let you know next month when I move. Regardless, OSU established itself as my top choice amongst the schools I interviewed at and I am very, very thankful to have been accepted.

If I may ask, what made OSU your top choice?

If I may ask, what made OSU your top choice?

Nothing that probably cannot be found at other schools, however I just felt like OSU was a great package. Top notch facilities, extensive alumni network, reputable name, in-state tuition for years 2-4 (if you're out-of-state), semi-metropolitan area, Big Ten football, etc... I also saw very eye-to-eye with my faculty interviewer which I am sure reinforced my interest. Most schools I interviewed at had a lot of positive attributes, but OSU just felt like the best place for me... hopefully I don't wind up eating those words over the next four years.

OSU is my top choice!!! application will be submitted monday!

Good luck everyone, OSU was my top choice when I applied two years ago and if I was applying now it still would be! Medical school is stressful no matter where you go but I still wake up feeling so lucky and grateful to be here. Good luck!

can someone comment on how OOS friendly OSU is? thanks

Osu traditionally takes upwards of fifty percent OOS. After first year you can qualify for IS tuition.

We love out of staters. Cincinnati does, too.

that's what I love to hear! Thanks for this. Makes me feel like I have a chance.
Amazing about getting IS tuition after first year.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got an email from Ohio State talking about diversity and admission..
I'm an ORM (asian)..
Does this email mean anything? Stat wise(3.95/29) I wasn't up to par so I didn't bother to apply here..

I got an email from Ohio State talking about diversity and admission..
I'm an ORM (asian)..
Does this email mean anything? Stat wise(3.95/29) I wasn't up to par so I didn't bother to apply here..

I don't think you have an edge because you're Asian, but your GPA looks great. You could apply just to see what happens?

Looks like secondaries were out by early to mid June last year?

anyone just get an email for user id activation?

Received the username activation ... Looking forward to applying to this great school!

please post secondary prompts when you find the time.

No secondary yet, unless I'm missing something. They just want us to register on their portal for now.

I just got an email to register an OSU account but no secondary, I'm assuming this is the case for everyone?

Wow, for some reason I always thought "typicalindian" said Typical Canadian and just realized it didn't because I was going to post:

"Of course he didn't... he's canadian :smuggrin:" in response to this

Did you read the last four posts?

I'm so sad now :(

BTW, I got that email too

Did anyone apply here and NOT get a registration e-mail? I didn't, and I'm wondering if it's just the school processing things in batches or if my e-mail is screwing up somehow.

Did anyone apply here and NOT get a registration e-mail? I didn't, and I'm wondering if it's just the school processing things in batches or if my e-mail is screwing up somehow.

I applied and haven't gotten anything yet. I wouldn't worry. Last year when I applied, all I received was a secondary email, so maybe they changed something?

Did anyone else notice it says the activation ID will only be valid for 24 hours? So does that mean we should wait until we receive the secondary application before we get an activation ID?

I have not received anything yet either. I guess they send in batches, we'll probably get it tomorrow

Did anyone else notice it says the activation ID will only be valid for 24 hours? So does that mean we should wait until we receive the secondary application before we get an activation ID?

Nah dude that's just a security thing. Basically you have 24 hours to activate your account with that code. So just do it now, and register for your account username/password (which you will subsequently use to connect to the site)

Nah dude that's just a security thing. Basically you have 24 hours to activate your account with that code. So just do it now, and register for your account username/password (which you will subsequently use to connect to the site)

Gotcha thanks

Hey guys,

I got an email saying to register a Username and password, and then the email had a link to a supplemental application. However, after registering and getting a Username and password, clicking the link takes me to a broken page with no supplemental app. Anyone else having this issue?

Hey guys,

I got an email saying to register a Username and password, and then the email had a link to a supplemental application. However, after registering and getting a Username and password, clicking the link takes me to a broken page with no supplemental app. Anyone else having this issue?

If you're getting a page that says "Navigation Collection Not Found" then yes, I'm having that problem

Just kidding, I got to the main page, but I can't find any links for the supplemental app.

It says "Navigation Collection not found" :((. Was somebody able to access the application ?

It doesn't sound like it. Has anyone tried to call admissions or anything?

I got in. Slight change in essay questions and they added one.

I just called them. They are having some technical issues and are working on it.
It is working now. They have the best Admission Staff . They called me back to let me know that the problem is fixed.
Good luck to you all !!

Essays: In your own words, define altruism and provide an example or two where you exhibited altruistic behavior in your past activities.
(600 words or less)

.Articulate your understanding of social justice versus advocacy for social justice.(600 words or less)...
The face of medicine is changing and our goal is to provide physicians prepared to serve diverse populations. Describe one or more experiences you have had with people of different racial, ethnic, or socioeconomic backgrounds or belief systems than your own, and what impact this had on you.
(600 words or less)

Is anyone else a little stumped about a) why the second one is being asked and b) how to answer?

Status
Not open for further replies.